I thought we were going for the 3 points

If he’s fit enough to play 50mins, with 10 men, while chasing a game for the title, he was fit enough to start.
If he was fit enough to start he would have it’s that simple. Unfortunately modern sports science will take the decision out of the managers hands.

We were going hoping we might get the rub of the green and sneak it. Not going with belief we're the better team, not going expecting 3 points. Just weak minded hope.

We had 10 men for 45 against the team at the top ffs.
Yup. First half 2 1 down by an OG. Second half 10 menn lost 0 goals created a few chances. Not as bad as some make out
. But still sick of same story season on season. Things and the squad need changing. We need winning mentality

this is the norm now we play them like every other team in the spl play them. its just what we are. we wont win another title for years and years now. Its sad and hard to say but its likely very true. Unless we get serious investment then its the odd cup win to look forward too.
its sad but true. We rarely look a level about the dross in the spl

We didn't have any passages of play where we showed composure and control even when we had a full team.

There is no getting away from it, that was an embarrassing performance by a Rangers' team. 15 minutes of chaos at the end doesn't disguise that fact.

We took a right chasing today.

The gypsy bastards will be laughing at us.

We looked weak, lacking pace and just as bad, if not worse, with some players, committment.

Cup final - huge improvement required. ( Christ, Dundee - huge improvement required.).
They’ll be having fun. What our manager will be doing, I don’t know.

At 1-0 down I still felt we could win it as we were creating chances but Lunsdtram quickly destroyed that with his one man mission to cost us the game.

At least he will be suspended now so we don't need to watch him at Ibrox ever again.

Midfield they are better than us. Makes all the difference. All of our midfield don’t match Mcgregor or ORiley. Argue number 9 all day but that’s where they win

What ever the reason for the starting line up, the shape and the first half tactics, any notion that we could contain them then use the 2nd half to push further up, go one on one at the back and go full on attack in the second 45 was completely screwed by a stupid OG and a red card, and one player was to blame for both %^*& ups.

It wasn’t Borna or Davies or anyone else we might want to angle out on here.

There was no coming back from that and we don’t have the players on the bench to change the plan.

The game was gone the minute the scouser got himself sent off.

its sad but true. We rarely look a level about the dross in the spl
we are absolutley terrified of playing them. The same players for 5-6 years now its almost inbeded in the mentality of the club. The board have done nothing but show us they are happy with playing for 2nd.

we are absolutley terrified of playing them. The same players for 5-6 years now its almost inbeded in the mentality of the club. The board have done nothing but show us they are happy with playing for 2nd.

the board is made of well intentioned fans who if we are brutally honest aren't capable of running us well enough to be top in Scotland

If Barasic doesn’t start then it would have been Sterling at RB so that doesn’t work. Yilmaz clearly didn’t have 90 mins in him or he would have started.
Maybe that should have been the option if he didn’t have ninety minutes in him, start him. As it turns out we gifted them another two goal lead for the third game in a row, glad we learned something, and Ridvan Yilmaz became a non discussable.

Hindsight’s a wonderful thing. Let see your team selection with what he left on the bench. Yilmaz doesn’t start for a reason. If he’s fully fit he plays.
I agree. The only change I would have considered was Cantwell for Lawrence
Ridvan clearly wasn’t ready for 90 minutes
What other changes would those wailing about it have made?

I agree. The only change I would have considered was Cantwell for Lawrence
Ridvan clearly wasn’t ready for 90 minutes
What other changes would those wailing about it have made?
for a start you play with did, lundtram and sterling in the middle to start. Not doing that caused the first goal for kick off.

What did you envisage going for 3 points would look like?

Rangers on the front foot, dominating from the off ?

Come on.

Said it before kick off - our only hope was surviving the first half . Get in at 0-0.

Can’t remember Croker’s stat but it came to pass again today- scary amount of their goals against us are all 1st half.

Around 30 mins I started to feel more hopeful - then it quickly escalated there again

So only Sterling in the middle and we win the game? Come on.

what we don't do is give Celtic 20 yards of space at the edge of the box. We got away with it twice in the first half hour and no change was made and we paid the price. The starting midfield was a shambles and clement never learns. He should have put sterling on a man marking job on mcgregr

If he was fit enough to start he would have it’s that simple. Unfortunately modern sports science will take the decision out of the managers hands.

There is no reason he wouldn’t be able to start if he was able to play for as long as he did while chasing a game with 10 men.

Barisic/Yilmaz wasn’t even the big mistake, he wasn’t even that bad and got the assist. Put Barisic in and he still had to play Sterling in midfield. That’s the huge mistake, that everyone could see.

Cant remember who it was that said if you beat the rest outwith Sellik you will win the league.
If we'd beaten the likes of Ross County & Dundee we would still be top.

Im not saying thats how it works but certainly looks like it when you think if the points we've dropped to the lower teams.

PC really does need to beat this lot however & today is on Lunny.
If that was Beale out there today we'd have lost by 5.
No we wouldn’t. We would still be a point behind!!! You don’t win leagues not beating your main opponent once. Simple truth.

Folk will blame Lundstram and he has a lot to answer for. They were arguably better before he got sent off though.

We weren’t winning that today with that team, another big game and Clement picks the wrong team, when everyone can see what was needed.
People will blame lundstram because he was the main reason they were better than us. He’s chucked it about 8 weeks ago.

what we don't do is give Celtic 20 yards of space at the edge of the box. We got away with it twice in the first half hour and no change was made and we paid the price. The starting midfield was a shambles and clement never learns. He should have put sterling on a man marking job on mcgregr
He’s done that before with Cantwell.
I’m also not sure that his instructions would have been ‘don’t worry- give them the ball near our box. It’ll be fine’
Players can make these decisions on their own and the manager can only shout from the touchline

He’s done that before with Cantwell.
I’m also not sure that his instructions would have been ‘don’t worry- give them the ball near our box. It’ll be fine’
Players can make these decisions on their own and the manager can only shout from the touchline

The manager needs to be strong enough to make changes if the players aren't responding. It was only a matter of time before it bit us on the backside. Folk on here could see it but not our manager as nothing changed.

this is the norm now we play them like every other team in the spl play them. its just what we are. we wont win another title for years and years now. Its sad and hard to say but its likely very true. Unless we get serious investment then its the odd cup win to look forward too.
If only that were true bro! They have so many games where they end up 0-0 at half time, we keep giving them two goal leads. Let’s stop that and then make bold claims. Almost everyone else in the league contain them better than us. Until Clement works that out we are screwed.

The majority of these players will never win another title with us
Only players from today that I'd keep right now are Butland, Yilmaz, Sterling, Dio, Dessers (not as first and only choice).
The rest needed gutted.

Shock8ng starting line up and taking Soutter off is on the manager.
And he should be praised for it. With Souttar on we conceded 2 goals and had it not been for butland Souttar would have given them a third. We conceded none without him and John lundstram may have been the worst player on the pitch before he got himself sent off

Shock8ng starting line up and taking Soutter off is on the manager.
Didn't agree with the starting 11 or Souttar going off for McCausland but in hindsight Sterling did very well at CB and the manager was clearly wanting to keep forwarding thinking players in midfield.

As for going for 3 points....its hard when you give away basic goals. If my 12 year old son defends the way we defended the goals today I would be telling him he needs to get out to his man much quicker. Tav, Barisic and Davies shouldn't need told. I thought thr first goal was bad but Tav not closing down Maeda trying to control a 60 yard diagonal has blown my mind.

Yesterday was a beautiful day here. I sat in the garden, in the sun, smoking a decent cigar, musing about us, going there, showing up and beating them 2-0. I promised myself one of my more expensive cigars (for me anyway; £30 a stick) to celebrate a monumental victory.

When I saw the team selection with a midfield of JL & TL, I thought, maybe a robust midfield, albeit lacking pace to get in about them early doors, stop their flow, I thought "ok, we'll see".

With those two charlatans seemingly there only to get a tan and with JL dootsying back allowing O'Riley, who, make no mistake, is a decent player, all the time in the world to get a shot off, that plan, if that what it was, was goosed.

We were an embarrassment today. 5-1 wouldn't have flattered them. Some of our players put in a shift without looking top class.

Anyway, I had my good cigar. Losing to the scum usually had in in a state of profound depression in previous years.

Maybe I'm just getting immune to it now, sadly. I refuse to allow this squad of serial losers to affect me so badly.

Back