I was slated for my weight at Rangers just like Alfredo Morelos but he needs to prove he’s fit to start writes Kris Boyd

Has a go at Alfie then has a go at Hately for having a go at Colack.Hypocritical to say the least from Boyd.

Morelos body shape and his chubby face tells me he’s not eating right.

The difference in him since Gerard’s first season is plain to see.

Needs to cut out the refined carbs, sugar and seed oils to get into his best shape. He may be drinking too much too.

Needs to cut out the refined carbs, sugar and seed oils to get into his best shape. He may be drinking too much too.

This is true, he doesn’t look after himself as a elite athlete should. Still an quality player but he could be so much better.

The season has been routine so far. Not surprised this stuff is being rolled out. Moving on…

I don’t recall your weight ever being questioned Kris, it was your effort and lack of goals against the mentally challengeds that upset most Bears I know.

Morelos trains under elite coaches during the day, and then most nights posts himself doing further training on his own. But we have experts on here telling him what to eat cause unflattering pics of him get used to force a narrative. Who needs enemies eh

"I've been there. My weight and size was something I was constantly criticised for throughout my career. But ask any manager I worked under and they’ll all tell you I trained hard every single day."

Mind a story that David Edgar told on the Murray and Me podcast on Heart and Hand that would dispute that. Murray was showing him around the training ground and there was a chart of every players fitness levels. There was only one player who had red flags in each category.

I don't think I can get too upset over what Boyd has wrote. He has called out Hately for his strange comments on Colak and has also pretty much stated the same thing about Alfie that this forum sees on a daily basis. It isn't a negative article, rather his take on our star striker's current position. No harm done. In Boyd, we have one of our own, in the media, fighting our corner mostly.

It’s the message not the messenger we should be focussing on. I’m not a conditioning coach at Rangers but it looks to me that Alfie is overweight. His injury is irrelevant. As a professional sportsman he should manage his weight even when injured. If it’s slowing his return to peak fitness, Gio should be kicking his arse up and down the street.

Dont see many articles about why Giakoumakis cant get in ahead on Kyogo, is he out of shape too as hes hardly played?

As for Alfie, nobody, not one, said he was out of shape until Gios blunt presser after PSV game and now they are all aboard the slag Alfie campaign. The truth is he has never been a skinny player, its why he is so good at bumping off defenders and winning physical battles

Boyds latest article tonight.

THEY say managers are finished when they lose the dressing room.

At Rangers right now, it’s their main striker.

Alfredo Morelos has been completely bombed out of the squad by fed-up boss Giovanni van Bronckhorst.

But it’s the fact the Colombian has been outed by his own team-mates that’s most damning of all.

Players can have fall-outs with their gaffers. I’ve seen it happen and it’s part and parcel of football when two people don’t see eye to eye for whatever reason.

But when senior players in the changing room turn on one of their own, you know a line has been crossed.

I wrote about this in Saturday’s column when I pointed to issues I felt were there with Morelos.

I said the striker had a job on his hands to get back into the team but questioned whether he was willing to fight for his jersey.

Antonio Colak has come in and taken his place in the side.

But instead of getting his head down and proving he’s the best goalscorer at the club, he’s gone the other way.

He’s simply refused to put the work in that’s expected of any professional footballer.

The shape he’s in right now is nothing short of a disgrace.

His attitude is all wrong and everyone at the football club has decided that enough is enough.

Van Bronckhorst and Rangers as a club should be applauded for that.

It’s a risk for any managers to take one of the club’s best players and risk his value in the transfer market.

But Van Bronckhorst clearly had the full backing of the powers that be.

It’s now entirely down to Morelos to fix this problem — IF he wants to fix it.

You have to wonder if this is a case of him working his ticket to get the transfer out of Scotland.

Because his behaviour just isn’t good enough.

I hate referring to a player’s fitness and weight because that’s something I was hit with throughout my own career.

But it’s there for all to see with Morelos.

He’s not just tipping the scales by an extra couple of pounds.

He’s clearly living a life that’s unacceptable for a highly-paid player at one of the biggest clubs in the country. Glasgow is no place to be if you want to go out and about discreetly.

It may be a big city but it’s impossible to go anywhere as a Rangers or Celtic player without being spotted.

And if one of the club’s biggest stars is enjoying the nightlife more than he should be then it’s always going to be found out about.

If you’re going to behave like that then you have to be a model pro at training and in games to stay in shape. And Morelos clearly isn’t.

I didn’t see him out on the pitch running with the other substitutes after the PSV first leg and it was the same after Rangers played St Johnstone.

Does he think he is too special to put in the hard yards?

Well, if he does he’s got another think coming.

Van Bronckhorst isn’t prepared to stand for it any long and neither are his senior team-mates who have had their say.

You can bet the likes of Allan McGregor, Connor Goldson and skipper James Tavernier have all been part of the conversation.

That’s when you know the game is up.

That’s when you know it’s gone too far.

Morelos may never be seen in a Rangers shirt again if you ask me and if there are any supporters who believe he’s been hard done to then they need to waken up.

Back