I wouldn’t mind a repeat of this tonight - PSV at Ibrox in 1999

Away support in BF1, out of sight with very little segregation.
The best place for away support.

We absolutely destroyed them that night, we were sensational, as said it could've EASILY been 8

I can also remember them mouthing off (I'm sure it was Heintze) after the 1st leg saying that their 'bigger' stars (after a few of them were injured for 1st leg) were going to get revenge at Ibrox after we beat them in the previous game but there was none of that :D

Mols absolutely taking the p1ss out of them and I'm sure that scumbag Nikiforov spat him on near the end of the game too after being given the run around by him all night

One of our great European performances that night :))
My sister got tickets for the group games so she sat in my usual seat in MRB for those group games and I took her seat which was four rows off the front right behind the goal in the broomloan. The speed at which he done those lean left turn right moves was incredible to see almost pitch level.

Ferguson was 21 year old against PSV, such an exceptional talent for his age at that time, more-so when you think he was showing up against the likes of Mendieta, Effenburg and Van Bommel at the time.

Not like he had a bad career, but could’ve been even better. How much would he be worth in todays market?

Ferguson was 21 year old against PSV, such an exceptional talent for his age at that time, more-so when you think he was showing up against the likes of Mendieta, Effenburg and Van Bommel at the time.

Not like he had a bad career, but could’ve been even better. How much would he be worth in todays market?
If Tierney’s a £25m player Ferguson would have to be £50m plus were he to be sold at that age in that form in today’s market. He bossed some top quality midfielders at the highest level, the scum got £25m for a player who got his bum tickled in the CL.

If Tierney’s a £25m player Ferguson would have to be £50m plus were he to be sold at that age in that form in today’s market. He bossed some top quality midfielders at the highest level, the scum got £25m for a player who got his bum tickled in the CL.
John McGinn gets touted for £50m and he isn't half the player Ferguson was in his prime.

Granted Ferguson should have done so much more in England than he ultimately did - not that he was bad, but he should have made it to a higher level than Blackburn and Birmingham

Contender for toughest CL group ever IMO.

Finalists from the year before
Us
The Aberdeen of Spain
PSV who won the league that season.

And we should have qualified.
2007-08 has to come close

Spanish Champions Barcelona
French Champions Lyon
German Champions Stuttgart

and again - we should have qualified!

It would be an amazing scoreline if we did, having said that if we finish the game with a 2 goal cushion I will be happy.

Fabulous match, rampant display by the entire team. Wallace missed a fair few, but we banged on the door for the entire 90 mins - same again today fellas !!

What a night that was.

I really believe that match deserves to be spoken amongst our greatest European performances. There was no moment where we rode out luck. There was only one winner from the first minute and scored four going on eight.

A genuine class European outfit with Nilis, Van Bommel and Van Nistelrooy and we pumped them as if they were St Mirren.

Back