Ian Maxwell and Neil Lennon going at it over Dubai protocols

One of the most enjoyable moments for me last season was Lennon's press conference after his isolation period post Dubai. You could just tell he'd spent the last 10 days absolutely stewing over it in an alcohol soaked rage.

The performance he put on, blaming everyone and everything but himself, whilst completely contradicting the apology given for the trip by his CEO a day or two earlier was one for the ages. It's up there in my favourite laugh at Lennon moments with his the booting of the water bottles in Inverness a decade ago.
The tramp should have been charged with bringing the game into disrepute after his rant. The fact that he wasn't proves the authorities, including Maxwell, were running scared of the rattlers.

He just doesn't understand that clubs could take the risk of two buses if they want but then they all become close contacts. After Dubai they chose to take 5 buses because that would limit the risk of them losing 13 players like they did in Dubai. Not a protocol shift it was a decision by his own club on advice from the government and SFA to reduce number of contacts.

You were the accused for your trip to Dubai you disgusting wee man not the victims and were very lucky not to be punished further

Every time an answer is given that blows his victimhood out of the water, Lennon just shifts his persecution complex onto a different scenario.
Ah, but the planes, Ah, but the buses, Ah, but you changed the protocols.
The seethe and contrived sense of injustice is raging in Lennon.
A festering sore that he keeps picking.
Glorious viewing.

A reputation built up over 20 years, playing the victim, being "one of them", "Celtic minded".

A Celtic fan who happened to be good enough to play for and manage the club.

Back to lead his boyhood club to the much sung about 10 in a row.

All of it up in smoke and his "Celtic minded" brothers and sisters can't look at him now without being reminded of the fact they have wasted 9 seasons.

Good enough for him.
Glorious

Lennon (frankly, like a LOT of people) doesn't understand the difference between guidance and rules/laws. It's really that simple.

They're so desperate to be hard done to when things go against them that they just don't listen to even try and understand why they're wrong.
I think it's even more than that with Lennon. He displays arrogance, self centred thinking, he has no consideration for what Maxwell is telling him, it never occurs to Lennon that he is wrong, and rules were not changed. Lennon is a narcissist, and he must be incredibly hard work to those that know him.

No mention of breaking protocols by having beers at the pool and in bars with the public.
Lennon is scum and sums up everything I think about celtic players and their support!

I love that Lennon is sitting there thinking that he is going to have a 'gotcha' moment when in fact he just came across as a stupid paranoid idiot.
After trying to bully his opinion across, Lennon has been totally handed his arse in that.

A complete idiot.

Reactions: fmp
No mention of breaking protocols by having beers at the pool and in bars with the public.
Lennon is scum and sums up everything I think about celtic players and their support!

Better chance of them mentioning his treatment of his exes / bits ont side.

Lennon will be on his death bed many years from now & he will be saying on his deathbed “We did nothing wrong going to Dubai“ :)). Good to see that it is still tearing him apart.

I think it's even more than that with Lennon. He displays arrogance, self centred thinking, he has no consideration for what Maxwell is telling him, it never occurs to Lennon that he is wrong, and rules were not changed. Lennon is a narcissist, and he must be incredibly hard work to those that know him.
You're absolutely right to be fair. There is the added layer of Lennon's self-importance and arrogant refusal to accept responsibility for anything that feeds into it big time.

The bitterness and t@rrier spewing out of him.....You got sacked ya wee fuckin rhat Even Celtc and the Green Degrade don't want you .

I'm convinced that he doesn't understand the protocols at all (and never has)
He just doesn't understand that clubs could take the risk of two buses if they want but then they all become close contacts. After Dubai they chose to take 5 buses because that would limit the risk of them losing 13 players like they did in Dubai. Not a protocol shift it was a decision by his own club on advice from the government and SFA to reduce number of contacts.

Reactions: fmp
An outrage.

Let them replay their “two important league games” It’s only fair they get the chance to reduce the points deficit to a mere 21 points (can’t remember, was it two draws?)

One of the most enjoyable moments for me last season was Lennon's press conference after his isolation period post Dubai. You could just tell he'd spent the last 10 days absolutely stewing over it in an alcohol soaked rage.

The performance he put on, blaming everyone and everything but himself, whilst completely contradicting the apology given for the trip by his CEO a day or two earlier was one for the ages. It's up there in my favourite laugh at Lennon moments with his the booting of the water bottles in Inverness a decade ago.
There was no “privilege “ was outstanding

Trying to cement the ‘we were cheated.’

Hopefully this attitude will push us clear of them for years to come.

didn't even this show was on and after viewing that small clip I think ill keep it that way, the plastic paddies should just stick to being cheated and leave the real life stuff for normal people They definitely shouldn't be giving a platform for their insane ramblings.

That's the thing. He says "we came back with one case!"... he then fails to follow up with the fact that a second player subsequently tested positive, which blows their argument about the injustice of isolating out the water. He's a buffoon.

Did we every find out who the second player was?

Lennon will be on his death bed many years from now & he will be saying on his deathbed “We did nothing wrong going to Dubai“ :)). Good to see that it is still tearing him apart.
I was picturing the end of Apocalypse Now! But instead of "the.....horror", wee Neil is whispering " Dubai...... Dubai "

Exactly this.

Of all the available personalities with a relevant input into the Scottish euro campaign, who was it exactly who thought it relevant to invite the abrasive wee rodent onto that show and why?

Dont know if you saw the news today about an organisation that's been set up to promote 'Britishness'? They had the guy on today who set it up. He's Sikh and came to Britain when he was 6. He loves Britain and the British and he's organised a nationwide celebration tomorrow with a song for Britain written by 7 year old school pupils.

To give an opposing view they have a Sean McDonald from Scotland on. He's opposed to this celebration of patriotism and unity. Turns out he's a well known Celtic blogger. You can guess the rest.

I can’t be arsed listening to his never ending Dubai excuses, so won’t bother watching it.
But going by the posts on here, it seems losing their fake 10 on his watch, is slowly eating away at him inside.

The way Lennon says Doobaiyee goes right through me, rancid wee dick

Trying his hardest to paint themselves as hard done by but when presented with the facts you can see him getting more and more angry

There has been a clear publicity campaign over the last few days, he’s trying to make it look like the Dubai fallout caused them to lose the league.

Lets not forget they only dropped 4 points as a result and finished 25 behind

The league was gone before Dubai.

Looking for an excuse to lay the blame elsewhere

Btw it’s illegal to take photos without someone’s consent in Dubai - hahahahahah one of the best quotes ever that and his air “. “

he lifts both of his hands at the same time a few times. I was hoping for more air quotes :D

I don't see what the big deal is, there were no positive cases...

Except for the two positive ones
If they were made to be tested before the Hibs game, there might have been more cases

Luckily, the SPFL told them it was OK to play, and threatened Hibs with sanctions for asking the question

There's an interesting timeline, if anyone can be bothered typing it out

I'm convinced that he doesn't understand the protocols at all (and never has)
He would just have been told what they had to do and wouldn't be aware of the details of who made these decisions and why. That speaks volumes in itself:

1) He wasn't involved in the decision making process
2) The reasons were not explained to him (too hungover? too difficult? too disorganised?)
3) He never queried any of this after the Dubai trip
4) No-one at the club thought to tell him

I don't like Maxwell but well done for answering with rationale that just puts this all to bed. It was their own fault, as well we know.

Back