Ianis Hagi

Glad to see him getting on the scoresheet but I don’t see a bit part player for a side sitting 13th in the Spanish league as having any future with ourselves.

Personally I think there is no evidence, justification to think Hagi will be brilliant under PC.
Look at our players that the manager has improved in a shirt space of time.

Hagi tries like %^*& & is open to playing in a number of positions. I'd say it's a fair bet that given a Clement pre season he'd be a more than decent addition to a Rangers front line.

Look at our players that the manager has improved in a shirt space of time.

Hagi tries like %^*& & is open to playing in a number of positions. I'd say it's a fair bet that given a Clement pre season he'd be a more than decent addition to a Rangers front line.

He might be decent, but the poster I replied to said he could be brilliant, there is no evidence at all that points to that been the case .

Hagi knows where the goal is. I like him. Great technique, great finisher, great attitude. Think he’d be good with PC. PC likes a squad and rotation, therefore, I think there is a place for him in our squad. He can unlock tight stuffy defences in games where pace is not the be all and end all. See him coming in for SPFL games and guys with more pace saved for Europe. Butt plugs and all that.

He might be decent, but the poster I replied to said he could be brilliant, there is no evidence at all that points to that been the case .
Playing Devil's advocate here mate, but there's no current evidence to show he wouldn't be, especially after the apparent "miracles" he's worked with the current squad in such a short space of time .

I have always liked him but I do struggle to see what his position is, maybe would have been a replacement for Lawrence when injured

Playing Devil's advocate here mate, but there's no current evidence to show he wouldn't be, especially after the apparent "miracles" he's worked with the current squad in such a short space of time .

There is plenty of evidence to show he wouldn’t be.

A bit part player before he got injured and can’t even get into a poor Alaves team .

Big fan of Hagi here, talented player, works hard and could certainly develop well under Clement.

However, I’m pretty sure I read an interview with him recently where he said he loved Rangers, the club, the fans, but saw his footballing future as staying in La Liga as he believes the style of football is better suited to his talents. I’d like him to come back and do well for us, but I think he’ll move on this summer and hopefully we get a decent fee for him.

would he fit into clements team? i cant see it, as he will want to move the ball quick, i like hagi, as he will try that killer pass.

A bit part player before he got injured and can’t even get into a poor Alaves team .
I can't comment on the fact he's not getting a game at Alaves asI've watched 0 minutes of La Liga this season.

As to the fact that he's even at Alaves, are you 100% comfortable & on side with every decision the last manager made?

As I said he works on his game & is used to playing in numerous positions - both qualities our current manager seems to like & he (Clement) does have a knack for getting the best out of players that haven't seemed to have been performing at their best.

Give him a Phil Clement pre season at least & then see where we're at before writing him off completely.

Go back and look at the 55 season, how many important goals he scored or assisted, and tell me he didn’t play a big part in that title. Someone posted it on here a couple of years ago but I’d have no idea how to find that post.

He already said his goodbye, he's already stated he wants to stay in La Liga.
Would Clement go spend £3m on Hagi? I suspect not so IF we can get a good fee let's give Clement the money to build his own team.
Gio was the manager for Hagi as his number 10, he won't ever be that for us now imo
Hopefully has a good tournament and we get a good whack for him

Looks like he's filled in a bit up top.

I don't want to add ANY fuel to the fire, but...sources (from this thread) speculate that Ianis "COULD" be great under Clement.

In January 2020, I was working in Constanta (Romania) when Ianis signed for us.
The Romanians I worked with (who were very Football savvy), all said the same;
1. Too inconsistent.
2. The surname and achievements of his Father, lay heavy on his shoulders.
I'm afraid that 4+ years on, I can't counter the above.

Are we writing Hagi off now or does he come back next season & get himself back into contention?

Looking forward to seeing how he comes through a pre season under PC, and whether he gives him a chance. Personally think he could be brilliant for us under him.
Like most who aren’t available, on days like this, he’s become a better player.
Maybe even our best player.

That’s absolutely fair. For me, seeing the levels PC is getting out of people, and Hagi having the attitude towards football that he does, could be an excellent match.
I think his future lies elsewhere but you make a positive point, also a fair point.

Hagi does seem to have a very positive and productive attitude to his playing career within football.

Maybe it works out.

Looking forward to seeing how he comes through a pre season under PC, and whether he gives him a chance. Personally think he could be brilliant for us under him.
We need more pace in the team
Hagi is half decent if we could find a position that's not wide right ,still don't think he's fast enough

Can’t be any worse than Lawrence. Has an eye for a pass to open a packed defence and is capable of shooting on site with both feet.

Let’s see what Clement thinks of him when he returns. I like Hagi. But I wouldn’t be too upset if he leaves.

If he does well at the Euros hopefully a few clubs will come for him.

Always liked Hagi but seems he doesn’t see his future at Rangers and the feeling is mutual at Ibrox.

Probably not going to happen for him at Rangers.

On a different planet from Lawrence and Dowell though.

Punt him.

Don't see him bringing in much at all in terms of a transfer fee to help our summer rebuild either tbh.

We're not getting our money back, in fact we'd be doing well to even get a quarter of it back. Doing very well actually.

He's just....not very good.

I like Hagi but he probably still has some value due to name, age, and being an international player. He’s an easy one to sell if we’re looking to overhaul the squad.

Back