Ibrox by bike

bluehaddie

Official Ticketer
It occurs to me I could cycle to Ibrox. Might be better than waiting in the subway queue or a long walk home. But is there anywhere to lock up your bike at Ibrox?

Reactions: nm1
there is bike mounts next to the Govan rear at the entrance to argyle house, it would need chained as it’s exposed and not a key locked shed like most workplaces have

2zp2yye.jpg

@greigy

:))

You can park your bike up at the Subway I'm sure but you may be asked for proof of travel, so maybe buy a ticket but not use it...

A bloke used to chain his to the lamppost bang in front of the main doors. Suppose his theory was, there's someone there throughout the game so no one could nick it

Funnily enough I was considering this travel method recently and thought surely the club could encourage something with a decent bike storage facility. I can`t really recall seeing anywhere decent to park a bike around the stadium.

Lol! Do the kids still do that?

For the motor of course...

That's how I got to see my first European Game at Ibrox back sometime around the 01-02 or 02-03 season.

I stay in Mosspark and was down at Craigton with my mate asking people to watch their motors and a guy asked what team me and my mate supported, we both said Rangers, and he gave us a spare ticket he had and £20 to try and get another ticket. We must have both been 12-13 and guy genuinely made 2 wee guys nights.

That's how I got to see my first European Game at Ibrox back sometime around the 01-02 or 02-03 season.

I stay in Mosspark and was down at Craigton with my mate asking people to watch their motors and a guy asked what team me and my mate supported, we both said Rangers, and he gave us a spare ticket he had and £20 to try and get another ticket. We must have both been 12-13 and guy genuinely made 2 wee guys nights.

What about all those motors you were meant to be watching though! :D

Thanks for the replies. I'm in the club deck so the Copland racks might suit me. I'll have a look when I'm next at Ibrox.

Brilliant mate! Similar thing happened to me when I was about 16 when we played red star in a qualifier when novo scores last minute, was meeting a family friend to get a ticket and he was a no show and my phone ran out of battery. Guy with his boy asked if I was alright standing myself and he gave me a spare ticket he couldn’t get shot of outside the ground. Absolutely made and saved my night.

I always walk back to city centre (if that is another option for you). Takes about 30-35 minutes. And i have waited in subway queue longer than that before.

Me and my pals used to always play football at the swing park next to the Tandoori Knights when we were younger and ask people if they wanted their cars watched, could make a few quid on a good day. Realise now it was just people being nice n giving you change for nothing hahaha

Thanks for the replies. I'm in the club deck so the Copland racks might suit me. I'll have a look when I'm next at Ibrox.
I used to have a ST in the club deck and would buy extra tickets to take my old man to European games. He’d had open heart surgery to deal with cardiomyopathy, so we used to get there early to give him time to climb up.

What about all those motors you were meant to be watching though! :D

Poor guys prob came back to dog shit smeared over my face.

Me and my pals used to always play football at the swing park next to the Tandoori Knights when we were younger and ask people if they wanted their cars watched, could make a few quid on a good day. Realise now it was just people being nice n giving you change for nothing hahaha

Spent many a summer day playing football in that park as well! Looking back now I think you might be right. You from Mosspark as well mate?

Spent many a summer day playing football in that park as well! Looking back now I think you might be right. You from Mosspark as well mate?[/QUOTE]

Yeah mate, stayed here for about 11 years now so spent a lot a time on that belter of a pitch

About 4 or 5 rails behind both Broomloan and Copland.

Doubt they'd get messed about with although haven't tried it myself.

Usually run to Ibrox from town as it's quicker than waiting about for the subway and its not too long so I'm never that sweaty when I get there.

I used to have a ST in the club deck and would buy extra tickets to take my old man to European games. He’d had open heart surgery to deal with cardiomyopathy, so we used to get there early to give him time to climb up.
You do know there's a lift ?

I'm sure I was told the McKinnon brothers lived on Corkerhill road across from the grave yard. Where abouts in Mosspark did you stay mate?
No, up at the Oval behind the school. Me, Mosspark Drive.
Dad and brother were customers of "Jimmy the Snip" along with a few players and lot of Gers fans.

No, up at the Oval behind the school. Me, Mosspark Drive.
Dad and brother were customers of "Jimmy the Snip" along with a few players and lot of Gers fans.

Ah ok mate, I am on Bellahouston Drive just up from where Mosspark Drive meets Bella Drive. I used to go to Jimmy the snips when I was younger, his wife had the beauticians next door as well I am sure. He still lives in Mosspark as well.

I've been away for over 20 years. Jimmy was a great Rangers man. Was there when the pope paid us a visit. Police put stickers on the cars at 6am forbidding you to move them. It was a nice day, went out the back and though I saw movement on top of the flats at the end of Boulevard. Got the binoculars and saw snipers on the roofs of the flats.

I've been away for over 20 years. Jimmy was a great Rangers man. Was there when the pope paid us a visit. Police put stickers on the cars at 6am forbidding you to move them. It was a nice day, went out the back and though I saw movement on top of the flats at the end of Boulevard. Got the binoculars and saw snipers on the roofs of the flats.
And none of them shot him?

It occurs to me I could cycle to Ibrox. Might be better than waiting in the subway queue or a long walk home. But is there anywhere to lock up your bike at Ibrox?
Use the railings in the Albion car park, near the Wee Rangers club. Never had any problems when I've chained mine there.

I’ve been thinking about doing this recently. Would take me 20 minutes to cycle to and from Ibrox which is considerably less time than driving, finding a parking space and walking to the stadium.

Assuming there’s no change in facilities?

Back