Ibrox Pitch progress?

I was in for a meal yesterday...

foN1pyT.jpg

tmFw7vO.jpg

It's sand round the pitch. They appear to be laying new astro.
A bloody disgrace that those pigeons in the top right hand corner of the second pic are being allowed to ruin our hallowed turf. Obviously too much time on their hands these groundsmen posting on FF instead of watching the pitch. Fame has went to @HumpZ head

B-D

Looks good, thanks for posting OP.

Like everyone, cannot wait to be back on my seat watching the champions!

I would love one of those massive skewed images on the pitch that looks flat on tv

a big 55 or something haha

Not hwere we would like it to be for the arsenal game, could do with 2 more weeks but it should be fine. The stitching will help hold things together.

Pristine pitch all year round or is that unrealistic?
A dramatic improvement on last season at least?

Not hwere we would like it to be for the arsenal game, could do with 2 more weeks but it should be fine. The stitching will help hold things together.
Sorry to keep bothering you with questions, but was there changes to the drainage? Our pitch seemed to struggle after a game in the heavy rain.

The whole pitch has been re-done including the under soil heating. the drainage is a new system. Time will tell how it handles it.
Is there any particular reason the Astro is seemingly extending to behind the goals and the SJ side corner flags now?

A bloody disgrace that those pigeons in the top right hand corner of the second pic are being allowed to ruin our hallowed turf. Obviously too much time on their hands these groundsmen posting on FF instead of watching the pitch. Fame has went to @HumpZ head

B-D
I think they usually kill them and bury them in the pits that we're not allowed to talk about :shh:

The line of sand around the edge of the pitch is because of the insstallion of the Artificial around the edges, it'll be turfed shortly just like it was last year but no one noticed it last year because we did such a good job ;)
What colour? :cool:

@HumpZ

probably a daft question but what happens to the stitching when someone does a dirty big slide tackle and takes a chunk of the pitch out? Assuming it goes with it?!

The stitching will remain in place. nothing is bringing it out. the idea behind it is to help hold the pitch together both on top and below within the root structure.

The pitch won't lift up the way it did in the past with slide tackles etc.
Can you put to bed the rumours that the blue/grey asphalt track is being replaced with proper blue like PSG have mate ? I think we are stuck with the washed out pale asphalt

The stitching will remain in place. nothing is bringing it out. the idea behind it is to help hold the pitch together both on top and below within the root structure.

The pitch won't lift up the way it did in the past with slide tackles etc.

Will this mean less half time repair work?

no reason in particular, the pitch has remained the same playing size but the overall size is reduced due to having a smaller camber. It's just to bring it in line with the rest. these areas don't require grass therefore Astro is the next best option.
It'll look better than half the season it being thread bare due to taking corners.

I posted my photos from yesterday in the other thread.
The photos make the pitch look far better than it actually is, nowhere near looking ready for a match.

Wasn’t it only done last year?

upgraded and looked as if wasn’t even done. Full looking
I think two years ago mate but either way it’s faded so badly that it’s now almost grey . It would look so much better if we managed to find out what PSG use for theirs . It wouldn’t cost much because our track is tiny in comparison .

It's certainly not going to be happening to my knowledge. the cost would be through the roof.
Surprised at the cost mate . Our track is tiny by comparison . They must use a totally different material to get it the blue they do . Thanks for clarifying

Surprised at the cost mate . Our track is tiny by comparison . They must use a totally different material to get it the blue they do . Thanks for clarifying
Think the main reason we have what we do currently is that we let cars drive into the stadium across that track.

Not really sure why we do in all honesty, the players can give their car over to be parked outside the front door.

Why are we still playing on grass, it's 2021 ffs not 1921.

I'm all for tradition but every proper football fan knows that artificial surfaces are the future of the sport and favoured by elite athletes world wide.

It's the underlay and work involved in laying what they have that costs a fortune. it isn;t going to happen anytime soon if ever.
Surely after a champions league or two with club being self sustainable with player sales and greater commercial power than we have ever been. The club would be able to afford it. To maintain standards and Scotland Premier club. We need to do things like this. Attention to detail is key. Especially if we to expand tours etc alot of photogenic tourists out there.

Look at videos from the mcleish era. Its a helava lot more vibrant and nicer. Rather disappointed when they re done it a couple of years ago that it came out rather pale and anemic looking compared to what it could look like.

Look at videos from the mcleish era. Its a helava lot more vibrant and nicer. Rather disappointed when they re done it a couple of years ago that it came out rather pale and anemic looking compared to what it could look like.
It’s not something we have managed to get right as you say the best it’s looked was back under Mcleish . We are now left with a pale blue/grey washed out looking tarmac . Would have been as well just making it black truth be told if that’s how badly it fades . Takes the look off the whole place

Folk do understand that we are still looking at funding injections from benefactors, and indeed the recent share issue, to keep us going from season to season?

The Club have done well to fund what will be a very expensive replacement of the pitch. The blue pitchside stuff can wait for another day. After finishing cleaning the cladding. After replacing the discoloured seats. Etc, etc.

Folk do understand that we are still looking at funding injections from benefactors, and indeed the recent share issue, to keep us going from season to season?

The Club have done well to fund what will be a very expensive replacement of the pitch. The blue pitchside stuff can wait for another day. After finishing cleaning the cladding. After replacing the discoloured seats. Etc, etc.
You're absolutely right mate. In the grand scheme of things, there's more pressing matters than menial details like this. However just observing some of the work on Ibrox recently i would rather they just left untill it could be done right.

Back