Ibrox Tongs

Est1872

Official Ticketer
Reminiscing about the flats on Hinshelwood Drive

DSfP2qDW0AACRNR.jpg

ca0jory0kky61.jpg

Never heard of that particular mob? I always thought that the Govan Team were the main lot in that part of the city.

Back in the 90’s the fans gathered at Ibrox to welcome the team back after winning the league or cup. The pricks came out the Hinshelwood scheme and attacked the Rangers fans - one got hit with a bottle by a 19 year old who later murdered his cousin.

A TEENAGE yob who took part in a brawl after an Old Firm cup final has walked free from court.

Raymond McHarg, 19, was involved in a 30-minute running battle between Celtic and Rangers fans.

He was caught on TV cameras as fans waited for Rangers to return to Ibrox with the Scottish Cup last year.

At Glasgow Sheriff Court, McHarg, of Ibrox, admitted breach of the peace.

Yesterday, Sheriff Alastair Noble said his offence was ``not serious enough'' to earn him a jail sentence.

Unemployed McHarg was ordered to do 200 hours community service.

Back in the 90’s the fans gathered at Ibrox to welcome the team back after winning the league or cup. The pricks came out the Hinshelwood scheme and attacked the Rangers fans - one got hit with a bottle by a 19 year old who later murdered his cousin.

A TEENAGE yob who took part in a brawl after an Old Firm cup final has walked free from court.

Raymond McHarg, 19, was involved in a 30-minute running battle between Celtic and Rangers fans.

He was caught on TV cameras as fans waited for Rangers to return to Ibrox with the Scottish Cup last year.

At Glasgow Sheriff Court, McHarg, of Ibrox, admitted breach of the peace.

Yesterday, Sheriff Alastair Noble said his offence was ``not serious enough'' to earn him a jail sentence.

Unemployed McHarg was ordered to do 200 hours community service.
I remember waiting about across from the old hinshelwood scheme for the players to come back from Hampden after the Lovenkrands final, and saw a wee scumbag come out of a close and hit a bear on the head with an ice pick from behind and disappeared back in to the close before anyone had really realised what had happened. Horrible thing to witness. I'm sure the bear in question recovered eventually but had a spell in hospital. The guy was from Renfrew iirc.

The Ibrox mob are wrong un’s who predominantly follow the dark side.
As most will know the flats and that particular wall are long gone fortunately. Far better class of lads down the road in the KP.
As somebody that grew up there and hung about with this lot it was half and half, saying that most of the boys that stayed in the “scheme” were not wired right

I remember once driving home late one night past the Hinshelwood scheme and the young team were hanging about and the only colours on display was Rangers.
Again with a scheme, it’s a mix but because there as many of them as us, it always gets classed as a mentally challenged stronghold.

The Ibrox mob are wrong un’s who predominantly follow the dark side.
As most will know the flats and that particular wall are long gone fortunately. Far better class of lads down the road in the KP.

Funnily enough, most of my Grannies neighbours were Yahoos.
Tommy Coyne stayed 2 closes down.

Worked with a guy in the Albion motors called Peter the Tong, Rangers supporter went over to his neck of the woods with him for a few beers one night FMD he got a lot of respect from everyone in the pub, so I guess he was a bit of a lad.

Back