Ibroxonia today

I've always thought this should be our national anthem, and this improves it tenfold. Will sound amazing if and when a full Ibrox does it.

If it went to a FF vote the song would not be sung :D so glad it didn't and FF have no say in what songs should be sung.

This is a belter of a song, I don't think it's a slow anthem that some are suggesting, they have taken the original and put an up beat tempo beat to it. Well done UB

Last edited:
The songs been around for years, so surprised to hear that people don't know the words.

Sounds great at the games when its sung faster. Big fan of it.

I used to get the Tavernier, Hagi song’s names in the wrong order.

I’ve no fucking chance of learning that.

If the camera ever fixes on me I’ll be one of those glaikit looking pricks miming away, pretending to know the lyrics.
We have all been there “every Saturday we follow” no matter how hard I tried I just could not get the timing of the clap right.so I just gave up and sang

Yes please.

Love The Specials
Hardly a rewrite :)

I I I I'll, always be, always be a proud Rangers fan x 2

I was brought up as bluenose
I'll always be a proud Rangers fan
And no matter what befalls me
I'll always be a proud Rangers fan

It's my life x2
To always be a proud Rangers fan
It's my life x2
To always be a proud Rangers fan.. And repeat :D

It's being recorded by Stevie Dean

At my age lyrics are easier to learn like this…..:)) I’m sure someone will tell me if anything wrong.

So let me tell you that i love you
And I think of you all the time
Ibrox stadium is calling me
now I’m going home

To think of life without the Rangers
You know if would make me more than sad
Glasgow Rangers is everything I’ve ever had

We won 9 in a row and I’m still dreaming
Of Brian Laudrup & Trevor Steven
Marvin Andrews said keep believing
With Davie Cooper on the wing

We remember Gazza with great affection
The day the helicopter changed direction
Jimmy Baxter was pure perfection
Super Ally scores again

now I’m going home

Last edited:
Do the UB have a deal with the club to get tickets for every away game or are they just lucky in the draws ? Sounded superb today
They are a registered cat A+ supporters club so they get tickets that way the same as every other supporters club. They will also mostly all be Gold MyGers members and have contacts in other RSCs. The majority are willing to travel without tickets to every game and hope to pick up spares outside the ground. They get a lot of stick off people who assume the club are handing them tickets but they get them the same way as everyone else

They are a registered cat A+ supporters club so they get tickets that way the same as every other supporters club. They will also mostly all be Gold MyGers members and have contacts in other RSCs. The majority are willing to travel without tickets to every game and hope to pick up spares outside the ground. They get a lot of stick off people who assume the club are handing them tickets but they get them the same way as everyone else
As I’ve explained I don’t have an issue I was just wondering, I’m of the belief that if you go to every match you deserve to get a ticket, being of an age where it was easier to get tickets for all games of which I went to home and away for over 25 years I keep reading that many can’t get one or two a season and supporters clubs only get a handful I just asked the question, I’m more than happy with answers and hope the kids have as good a time as I did with us starting to win leagues and cups regularly.

Quite a few of them didn't get in on Saturday too, they still travel in the hope for getting one though.

At my age lyrics are easier to learn like this…..:)) I’m sure someone will tell me if anything wrong.

now I’m going home

To think of life without the Rangers
You know if would make me more than sad
Glasgow Rangers is everything I’ve ever had

We won 9 in a row and I’m still dreaming
Of Brian Laudrup & Trevor Stevens
Marvin Andrews said keep believing
With Davie Cooper on the wing

We remember Gazza with great affection
The day the helicopter changed direction
Jimmy Baxter was pure perfection
Super Ally scores again

now I’m going home
Trevor Steven

I was surprised at the Killie game that quite a few supporters outwith the Union Bears actually knew most of the lyrics - a sure sign that it will catch on as an Ibrox favourite given its recent introduction in such a short time. However, the ‘Jimmy Baxter’ line should be changed to ‘Slim Jim Baxter’ in my opinion. I don’t think many Gers fans ever referred to Jim as Jimmy.
Cause its been out for years.

A great song absolutely murdered by the UB, assisted by the happy clappers. Its being sung at twice the tempo it shoud be to have the deep meaning and feeling that the melody and lyrics should carry. Will never catch on. And don't start me on that fkn drummer.
Sounds like what happens with GSTK

A great song absolutely murdered by the UB, assisted by the happy clappers. Its being sung at twice the tempo it shoud be to have the deep meaning and feeling that the melody and lyrics should carry. Will never catch on. And don't start me on that fkn drummer.
Everything we sing is done at 200mph.

You need to be good a rapper to keep up at times.

I completely disagree, it sounded absolutely incredible yesterday.

Me last week....This song is too wordy and will never get sung by the whole crowd.

Me today......Brilliant song which was a joy to sing at the final. The build up to the chorus is excellent and really makes you want to absolutely belt it out.

Latest posts

Back