Ideas for Flag Day?

mdingwall

Administrator
Ideas for Flag Day?

In season 1974-75 we stopped Timmy doing 10 In A Row.

In the final game of the season we played Airdrie at Ibrox but lost 0-1 in a dreadful game.

I was in the old Centenary Stand with my dad and his pals and their kids - roughly in the corner where the Govan now meets the Copland.

In my mind's eye I can still see John Greig going around the running track on what I still call "the chariot" - a horse and buggy.

The other major thing I recall is that there were majorettes and they paraded around the ground with the previous league winning pennants which they must have taken out of the Blue Room for the day.

I think it would be major symbolism if we paraded the championship trophy along with the old pennants, perhaps with youth players - publicly marking the continuity of the club to our earliest days. Perhaps with replicas rather than dismantling the Trophy Room!

It's been a long journey and I think we should use this to make a statement about who we are.

We should definitely get to see the trophy at some point. Maybe JG could repeat those scenes at half time maybe!

Was also at the game that day, I was 13.
I also recall big John on a chariot lol and the celebrations. Don’t remember anything about the game or opponents.
We certainly need a big celebration Flag day, just to rub it in some more.

Jodie Pollock on the park singing We love you Rangers..

Steven Gerrard came to Ibrox
Along with Gary Mac
And they were set the challenge
To bring the title back
The day that he arrived here
He ended with let's go
And now it's there for all to see
The league flag has come home

We love you Rangers...

We had McGregor, Tav and Goldson and Borna at the back
Alfie, Kent, Roofe, Itten, Defoe all in attack
Davis, Jack, Kamara, Arfield, Hagi came alive.
With Helander and Balogun they won us 55

We love you Rangers...

Not forgetting Joe Aribo
His name we couldny fit
Like Edmundson, Stewart, Barker
We know know he done his bit
McLaughlin, Jones and Bassey
Patterson, Zungu
Though Niko Katic didny play
He's Rangers through and through

We love Rangers...

Dave King and the 3 bears
Deserve some special praise
They fought and won the battles
To bring these glory days
Too many more mention
Who gave us everything
Now every bear around the world
Can celebrate and sing

We love you Rangers...

Along with Gary Mac
To bring the title back
He ended with let's go

We love you Rangers...

We love you Rangers...

Not forgetting Joe Aribo
His name we couldny fit
Patterson, Zungu

We love Rangers...

Too many more mention
Who gave us everything
Can celebrate and sing

We love you Rangers...
This is...quite something.

Reactions: WBD
Ideas for Flag Day?

In the final game of the season we played Airdrie at Ibrox but lost 0-1 in a dreadful game.

I was in the old Centenary Stand with my dad and his pals and their kids - roughly in the corner where the Govan now meets the Copland.

In my mind's eye I can still see John Greig going around the running track on what I still call "the chariot" - a horse and buggy.

The other major thing I recall is that there were majorettes and they paraded around the ground with the previous league winning pennants which they must have taken out of the Blue Room for the day.

I think it would be major symbolism if we paraded the championship trophy along with the old pennants, perhaps with youth players - publicly marking the continuity of the club to our earliest days. Perhaps with replicas rather than dismantling the Trophy Room!

It's been a long journey and I think we should use this to make a statement about who we are.

Was at the game as well with my old man on the Twa Corbbies bus from Cumbernauld ( pre Ribenna)
The result was a terrible let down but remember well the carnival like atmosphere
Not sure what the 2021 equivalent would be, suppose the Harmony Row accordion band is a no no ?

Along with Gary Mac
To bring the title back
He ended with let's go

We love you Rangers...

We love you Rangers...

Not forgetting Joe Aribo
His name we couldny fit
Patterson, Zungu

We love Rangers...

Too many more mention
Who gave us everything
Can celebrate and sing

We love you Rangers...
Dylan-at-the-Typewriter.jpg

Agree with jodie singing we love you Rangers and if Walter was fit to do so, be wonderful to see him and John Greig on the pitch too.

Along with Gary Mac
To bring the title back
He ended with let's go

We love you Rangers...

We love you Rangers...

Not forgetting Joe Aribo
His name we couldny fit
Patterson, Zungu

We love Rangers...

Too many more mention
Who gave us everything
Can celebrate and sing

We love you Rangers...
Yer alright pal

I was at that game too,standing in The Derry and all i can recall was cans flying by my head when the game finished. Crazy days

54 replica league trophies on 54 plinths

plinth #55 empty, until our latest League title is unveiled and paraded, and the stadium erupts

when plinth 55 has the trophy placed - plinth #56 is brought out

Like the previous poster I was in the Derry up the top just below the pie stall…. Remember the girls coming around the park with the league flags from the trophy room to magnificent welcome of “get your tits out for the boys”….

A Was on the same bus with ma old man a was 16 years old loved it. The game at Easter Rd was better when we won never forget that game.
Was at the game as well with my old man on the Twa Corbbies bus from Cumbernauld ( pre Ribenna)
The result was a terrible let down but remember well the carnival like atmosphere
Not sure what the 2021 equivalent would be, suppose the Harmony Row accordion band is a no no ?

I like the idea of the oldest living ex player and the oldest current season ticket holder being part of the flag unfurling ceremony.

any idea how old the oldest season ticket holder would be? My Granda has just turned 85. I’m curious how many people can call him “young man” at matches to cheer him up. Lol

any idea how old the oldest season ticket holder would be? My Granda has just turned 85. I’m curious how many people can call him “young man” at matches to cheer him up. Lol
No idea, but wouldn't surprise me if we had a few even older

Ideas for Flag Day?

Ideas for Flag Day?

Ideas for Flag Day?

Must have been about 50 yards away from you that day in the Rangers end corner of the terracing.
I was 12 and remember it well. Result put a bit of damper on it to be honest but Greig in the "chariot" cheered me up.
Great memories!!

Back