Idiots within our travelling support - what do we do?

First of all I think 95% of our travelling support are outstanding and travelling in numbers second to none. But last night witnessed a few things that you just can't defend.

Prior to kick off boy near corner of stand closest to their main stand holding up his phone towards their fans with The Sun on it.

Then shouted about Hillsborough. This wasn't one off either as I witnesses another half a dozen similar comments. Before anyone asks why I didn't confront them it's pointless. These people have no idea of common decency.

We of all fan bases have had horrific moments in our past so to mock a disaster is f*cking braind dead behaviour.

On top of this the trouble outside before the game with fans charging the turnstyles without tickets. I understand people are gutted at not having a ticket but matter of time before we end up punished again by UEFA with sanctions.

This seems increasingly common with our travelling support. I don't want this to be a thread that sees our fans criticised constantly as I'm always so proud to be part of our incredible travelling support but we have a minority who constantly let us down.

By the way Liverpool fans were far from innocent but in all honesty our fans are my only concern moving forward.
No Travel Club My Gers ?

Two things annoyed me last night one was the BJK chant. What the fek has that to do with Liverpool. Secondly the eff B Sands he's deid. I think we sing more about him than the Timothy's do.

:mad: :mad::mad:

Not true mate. They get tickets as per the rules.

It defo needs to be more transparent but that’s not the case.
I don’t get the narrative that the UB are given tickets irrespective of MyGers. The club don't seem to like them very much.

It may be that there are more corporate/friends and family tickets going now (I have no idea if that’s true or not but sounds like it from what I read on here) but the idea that the UB are getting preferential treatment sounds absurd.

And the narrative that non MyGers members getting tickets are ‘not fans’ is also very irritating. I spent a small fortune to buy a ticket in a neutral section in Seville and sang my heart out for the entire game. Sorry if not having enough MyGers points makes me a hanger on.

The club clearly have no time for the UB so the idea they'd give them extra tickets is a bit absurd.

First of all I think 95% of our travelling support are outstanding and travelling in numbers second to none. But last night witnessed a few things that you just can't defend.

Prior to kick off boy near corner of stand closest to their main stand holding up his phone towards their fans with The Sun on it.

Then shouted about Hillsborough. This wasn't one off either as I witnesses another half a dozen similar comments. Before anyone asks why I didn't confront them it's pointless. These people have no idea of common decency.

We of all fan bases have had horrific moments in our past so to mock a disaster is f*cking braind dead behaviour.

On top of this the trouble outside before the game with fans charging the turnstyles without tickets. I understand people are gutted at not having a ticket but matter of time before we end up punished again by UEFA with sanctions.

This seems increasingly common with our travelling support. I don't want this to be a thread that sees our fans criticised constantly as I'm always so proud to be part of our incredible travelling support but we have a minority who constantly let us down.

By the way Liverpool fans were far from innocent but in all honesty our fans are my only concern moving forward.

There are things that all football fans should have in common.

Stadium disasters that have killed people who just went to watch a game of football should be top of the list.

The Sean Cox shout is moronic.

That could be any of us. Weird behaviour that, but it’s 1/2500 - clearly a simple minded individual.

I saw the Sun logos on the phones. Maybe three I could see from my seat. Again, that’s the stuff of complete morons.
That’s the point.

When you have as large a support as Rangers or for that matter Liverpool, you are going to get a certain percentage of clowns. That’s how the worlds population is distributed. When the sample size of that population is 2,500 you’re going to have some bampots in it. Liverpool had their share last night too. It’s the way of the world.

Not think what the Liverpool fan shouted at the end of the minutes silence is perhaps more of an issue and worthy of a thread than making up a thread slagging our own fans?

If you have an issue with what a fan does or says inside a ground take it up then and there with them and not on here. Might achieve more.

Perhaps we can leave that fan to get slated on the Liverpool forums & have this forum to talk about our own internal issues.

Back