If Alfredo leaves

Money will be the factor and what or who is affordable.

I genuinely have no idea though, there is no one in Scotland who I would want, but again depends on how the football market is after it reopens

I'm not convinced he'l go with not knowing how the market will be. Pretty sure we will have a list of targets though

Cyriel Dessers is a pretty similar style of striker to him, not sure how much Heracles would want but I imagine its £5m+

I think we'll go in for Vydra again, if not him then it'll be some unknown
I don’t think he’s clinical enough to play as our main striker, I think there’s a chance we will go back in for him but I think he would play right side of a 3 if we went 4231 next season

We definitely need to sign 2 strikers if he goes imo.

Including Defoe,'we need 3 strikers for a full season.

Kamberi not being one of them.
I wouldn't be against spending £4/5m on Alfies replacement, then signing Lyle Taylor as backup on a free

Think we would need a like-for-like, given our style of play, but would also like to see a Giroud, Ibrahimovic, or Llorente type player for a year, albeit age and definitely wages would be an issue with those ones in particular. Big, skilful players with personalties, who would ragdoll and intimidate the pretend hard men centre halves in Scotland. They are still playing at a high level though, Chelsea, Milan, and Napoli, so I wouldn't be overly sniffy about their age, especially for a year only.

Unfortunately we are mostly going to be going for guys on the way up or the way down, unless our scouting team can pull out someone under the radar from Holland, Scandinavia, Belgium etc. You never know though, no-one had really heard of Jelavic or Mols before signing, and they turned out ok! Mols was 28 and playing for Utrecht, so there are players out there.

Regardless of who we get, I think we need two players, one at least with a bit of physical presence. Defoe looked as if he had lost a half yard last year, so I don’t know if we could rely on him as no.1 backup.

This next season is not about buying potential, youth, future investments, etc. It is about buying the best players we can to win the league to get the monkey off our back.

I also like Mitrovic of Fulham, but would be struggling to get him I would think.

As much as I love Alfie I think his time is up. He was sensational in the first half of the season but faded away which really hit us hard. He is never going to be out the spotlight up here and it would only increase if we really run them close. I say gold out for as much cash as possible then get two strikers in. One fairly proven for a few million and another as a project/curveball for a low amount. Would like to see Dapo a bit more this year too.

Think we would need a like-for-like, given our style of play, but would also like to see a Giroud, Ibrahimovic, or Llorente type player for a year, albeit age and definitely wages would be an issue with those ones in particular. Big, skilful players with personalties, who would ragdoll and intimidate the pretend hard men centre halves in Scotland. They are still playing at a high level though, Chelsea, Milan, and Napoli, so I wouldn't be overly sniffy about their age, especially for a year only.

Unfortunately we are mostly going to be going for guys on the way up or the way down, unless our scouting team can pull out someone under the radar from Holland, Scandinavia, Belgium etc. You never know though, no-one had really heard of Jelavic or Mols before signing, and they turned out ok! Mols was 28 and playing for Utrecht, so there are players out there.

Regardless of who we get, I think we need two players, one at least with a bit of physical presence. Defoe looked as if he had lost a half yard last year, so I don’t know if we could rely on him as no.1 backup.

This next season is not about buying potential, youth, future investments, etc. It is about buying the best players we can to win the league to get the monkey off our back.

I also like Mitrovic of Fulham, but would be struggling to get him I would think.

Mitrovic is exactly the type of player who would do well up here. Wouldn’t take any crap from the pretend hard men centre halves we play against

I tend to agree with the position that he is unlikely to go, I just don't see satisfactory offers being made.

Not realistic but Troy Deeney would be great signing. Though suppose Barton would have been seen as unrealistic months before he signed so never know I suppose.

Deeney, Defoe and then someone like Shankland or Will Grigg would be decent options for next season.

If the market does plummet in value and we keep Morelos hope he can get back in the game? Its up to him and lets hope the winters treatment by the scummy mhedia has not sickened the lad beyond repair. I for one would love him to stay if we get the real deal back on the pitch? The overweight not interested Player we certainly dont need or want. Lets just wait and see what happens when the window opens if it does this year?

Reactions: Jeb
Cyriel Dessers is a pretty similar style of striker to him, not sure how much Heracles would want but I imagine its £5m+
Very similar to morelos he's had a cracking season would fit in well. I quite like serhou guirassy who playe for amiens in France big and strong with bags of pace

For those suggesting Vydra I fear that ship has sailed. He started to hit a bit form for Burnley scoring a few goals so I suspect he’ll either be in their plans or commanding a higher transfer fee than we’ll can afford now.

He’d be a great signing if we could make it happen though. What might have been if we’d had him in the side with Alfredo off form. F*ck that ginger tosser Dyche!

Depends how much we get for Morelos.

We need 2 new strikers if we sell him.

Names we could look at:
Prevljak
Maric
Colak
Dykes
Puscas
Grbic
Dressers
Omrani

Not a chance with Mitrovic, he’d cost upwards of 30 million.
Yeah would be struggling to get him at that price!! You never know though, the market valuations might be a bit strange this summer, especially if clubs need to sell. If we got a decent whack for Morelos though then we might splash out a decent amount on a replacement. More likely any funds from a sale would fund 2-3 players instead though.

Mitrovic is a good all rounder, can put the ball away and has a bit of a presence about him. Age wise he would be a good buy in that respect. Think he is Serbian, so he wouldn’t be put off by dafties like Ryan Porteous.

I also like Steven Berghuis at Feyenoord, albeit he is a right winger. He is 28yo, good experience and technical ability, with a few caps for Holland. Don’t know what he would cost though.

The key change in this transfer market will be for those players out of contract, clubs will not be offering the wages they once were and those section of players will be the first to feel the impact. You may therefore see players only signing 1 or 2 yr contracts max

Not sure who, but it needs to be two first team quality strikers to replace him. Guirassy from Ligue 1 would be good and then another of similar quality

What ever happened to the André Gray rumours from last summer?

He hasn’t really set the heather on fire at Watford but is a good, strong option.

Back