If Sima is anywhere near fit

It’s probably still got to be Dessers in all honesty. Feel like we need someone to stretch them and that’s probably got to be Sima’s gig. And as bad as Dessers was today and as bad as he’s been at various points in the season, he did at least get on the scoresheet last time out against them.

Thought Dessers actually had a good game today, finishing aside.

Despite getting his goal against them last week, it doesn’t change anything for me. He’s far too easy and predictable to defend against when we play them.

Sima can offer both something on and off the ball that Dessers simply can’t.

If Sima is anywhere to close to 80/90% fit , start him.

He must be our striker next week v them.
Thought that Silva may have been tested as Striker at some point but there must be something missing from him to play that role because again he hasn’t been tried .

Assume it’s related to awareness and off the ball skills because directly after Dessers playing probably his best league game for us today he was howling shit .

Who would be a manager of guys like this I tell ya

Sima looked nowhere near fit. The electric pace was missing..
If Dessers could finish, he would be a £50m striker. Unfortunately, he can’t finish and that is why he was £4m and is with us.

Thought that Silva may have been tested as Striker at some point but there must be something missing from him to play that role because again he hasn’t been tried .

Assume it’s related to awareness and off the ball skills because directly after Dessers playing probably his best league game for us today he was howling shit .

Who would be a manager of guys like this I tell ya
Silva has no pace and that is why he is not played in the middle.

If you’re a centre half it must be a dream playing against Dessers. He’s not physical, doesn’t run the channels and his first touch is poor. A good hour out of Sima and we’ve a chance next week. How brave will the manager be. I’ve also got a gut feeling he’ll pick Lundstram, perhaps not the wisest move.

Sima, McCausland, Silva and Wright will be the wide options. Sima will only get the last 30 mins, possibly 45 max. Game might be over by then but we just can't risk starting him. Especially as there's potentially extra time too.

This will necessarily be done in conjunction with Brighton.

There's no doubt medical advice will have to be followed.

Sima looked nowhere near fit. The electric pace was missing..
If Dessers could finish, he would be a £50m striker. Unfortunately, he can’t finish and that is why he was £4m and is with us.
I think the fact that he is extremely slow, sometimes seems reluctant to shoot, constantly gets caught offside and isn't particularly physical for a big guy may affect your valuation bud.

He excels at nothing, his shooting is his his worst attribute, which isnt ideal for a No 9...

Reactions: TQ3
This will necessarily be done in conjunction with Brighton.

There's no doubt medical advice will have to be followed.
We've heard this shit all season and think many if not all of us are sick of it.

Play him if he breaks down then so be it if we can't get 45/60 minutes out of him then something isn't right behind the scenes same goes for a few others in the squad who "apparently" can't play 90 minutes.

The whole situation is a disgrace a squad full of crocks and shitebags.

Play him from the start…if he’s done by halftime or 60 minutes then so be it.

I’d rather he had an influence on the game from the off as opposed to being brought on in a desperate attempt to save the game.

We NEED to do something different…even if only for my sanity.

This, a million times over.

They know how to beat us, how we set up, and how slow we are in defence.

We need something different to beat them.

I wonder if we might have an interest in signing him permanently, or another loan.

I think he has to start on the right. He rinsed Taylor the last time they played each other.

Made such a difference having him on the park.

It’s difficult to look past the one in the first half.

Ocassionally you see a player fluff his lines there. Drag it past the post or blaze it over.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player let the keeper make a save in that position though, as Dessers did
The problem with Dessers is when he has time to think he f*cks it. A one on one with keeper? Its a bogey. If he has to do it off the cuff then fine. I think back to Betis away in particular but then there is the too many touches & the easy chance has gone

Sima, McCausland, Silva and Wright will be the wide options. Sima will only get the last 30 mins, possibly 45 max. Game might be over by then but we just can't risk starting him. Especially as there's potentially extra time too.
What if it goes to ET though mate ? Sub him ?

Ridvan, Sterling and Sima all coming on today for me means they have to start. There is absolutely no point chucking them on after an hour, especially if we are behind in the game.

Play our strongest players from the start next week and if they can't last 90 minutes so be it. Plan for having to take them off with the optimism that we might be doing so while leading, rather than hoping they'll come on and turn a game.

Ridvan, Sterling and Sima all coming on today for me means they have to start. There is absolutely no point chucking them on after an hour, especially if we are behind in the game.

Play our strongest players from the start next week and if they can't last 90 minutes so be it. Plan for having to take them off with the optimism that we might be doing so while leading, rather than hoping they'll come on and turn a game.
I agree with this but Clement doesn't seem to ever start someone who isn't 100% fit even when it's a massive game.

If he was only able to play 15 minutes today it is probably unlikely he will start.

I’m more concerned about the defence, Balogun needs to do whatever it takes to be fit enough to start
Balogun must play for us to have a chance m afraid, it is quite a state we are in.....

I’d play Sima as a second half sub for Ross. Tell Ross to go hell for leather for 45, including a booking for kicking Ming or McGregor, and play Silva v the weirdo that can punch in the penalty area. Dessers is the only one who can lead the line, even tho he looks poor at times. Roofe couldn’t rack a line, never mind lead it, so it down to Dessers.

He played 23 minutes in a dead rubber game and looked every inch a player returning from injury.

We aren't starting him in a cup final, we aren't "getting a good 60 mins out of him" then taking him off.

Clement will also have to deal with the possibility of extra-time, so if we do see Sima, it'll be late in the game.

Picking players who are less than fully fit has cost Rangers dearly and repeatedly.

Celt!c having been running rings round our team because our players cannot keep pace with the game. Essentially because most of them are playing in the condition Sima will be next weekend.

We never learn.

He can’t possibly be “match” fit, but if his injury has healed I would definitely start him wide right, so him, Dessers & Silva up front I would imagine.

As for Dessers, he’s such a frustrating & limited player. The sitters he misses are criminal, and the decisions he makes are often baffling - 20+ goals is a decent return, but with the chances presented to him he should easily have had 30 goals this season.

Am more worried about the defence, which is shipping goals like you wouldn’t believe.

The scum will finish strongly and will be assisted and boosted by the ref and the var team.

I’d play him from the start and try to get ahead. If he came on as a sub and had to limp off that’d be no good.

This teams last stand on Saturday. Just hope they show up and beat the system for once.

Play him from the start…if he’s done by halftime or 60 minutes then so be it.

I’d rather he had an influence on the game from the off as opposed to being brought on in a desperate attempt to save the game.

We NEED to do something different…even if only for my sanity.
His influence would be better in the second half as they always tire second half and if matondo is half fit he plays as well

Back