If we’re honest the league wasn’t lost today

The Ross County and Dundee games fuckéd it for me. Took the belief away from the fans.

If we had got results there we could’ve afforded to go to Piggery and drop points and still be in the race.
1 point from 12 against them lost us the league.

We have a better record against the other 10 than them. The Ross Country and Dundee games was really just things evening itself out.

PC starts away to them next season. He can’t lose that game.

We lost it a little bit in each of those days

MtwWD7S.png

This is literally the form of a mid table spfl team, at the business end of the season. Shameful.

The Ross County and Dundee games fuckéd it for me. Took the belief away from the fans.

If we had got results there we could’ve afforded to go to Piggery and drop points and still be in the race.
100%… even the most passionate fan as I am didn’t expect us to win with that team. I hoped and prayed but didn’t expect.

Yep...my thoughts too...the pressure would have been a bit less on the team as well.
Gutting how we have chucked this away.
:confused:

In a lot of ways, we did well to have a proper run in. I’m not excusing that woeful performance today, or our form since February.

Next season we go again. I’ll be there supporting the team.

And truth be told, I’d still rather lose as a bear than win as a tim. That’s my comfort blanket for today.

The league was lost when the big centre forward for Motherwell rag dolled out centre half’s at Ibrox. That’s when the league was lost

We should’ve been going into this game with a 5 point buffer. The home game against them was such a missed opportunity too. A chance to go 5 points clear at home against them with no away fans.

That there is the most true thing in this comment. Nonbelief and negativity been rife since then. Today was just our last chance to keep ourselves in the race. Kind of a relief that we're all but out of our misery with it now.

Last edited:
It was the Motherwell game as far as I'm concerned. It was pivotal imo. Win that day at Ibrox and we go five clear with them going to Tynecastle next day (and losing). The Motherwell result got them off a hook.
Think they played Motherwell the week before we did. They won that game in injury time.We lost the following week. A pivotal moment for me as Rodgers was under big pressure at that time.

Motherwell, Ross County and Dundee games killed us, probably should have went in to this game today not even needing to win
Or we could have just beaten Celtic ONCE instead!! We have so many emotional contributors on FF who kid themselves on. They have taken NINE points more than us in Old Firm games...think about it people. The facts are right there, stop kidding yourself about all the other theories and misdirects.

yep , the wheels came off after those two, so near but yet so far, going to the piggery and getting a result was always going to be an uphill struggle with that rangers team, fucked it, no other way of putting it, time for more beers after that shite.

Correct, , today would have been so different. We just handed them a huge advantage.

Yep, and what cost us in those games?

The midfield shape.

Baffling that Clement can't see it.

I’d go as far as to say we actually lost it the week before against the Beggars at Ibrox.

We had the opportunity to put them to the sword and stretch away in the league, instead we failed and I think it gave them way more confidence than it did us.

They’ve won every game since while we’ve shipped a further eight points.

Or we could have just beaten Celtic ONCE instead!! We have so many emotional contributors on FF who kid themselves on. They have taken NINE points more than us in Old Firm games...think about it people. The facts are right there, stop kidding yourself about all the other theories and misdirects.

Imo they were helped significantly by refereeing (or should I say controversial VAR ) calls in both league games at Ibrox.

Are you just going to dismiss the 3 VAR changing decisions that went in their favour in 3 League games consecutively;yes we should have punished them but don’t kid yourself on these aren’t a leveller/

I’d go as far as to say we actually lost it the week before against the Beggars at Ibrox.

We had the opportunity to put them to the sword and stretch away in the league, instead we failed and I think it gave them way more confidence than it did us.

They’ve won every game since while we’ve shipped a further eight points.
Yet again your glossing over our goal to make it 2-2 which was fcking rapid ,we where flowing then ,How many contentious decisions went our way against them ffs they even got a penalty today for a dive can you imagine that if it was Silva,in fact there was a much contact on Silva on the header he missed that was played on .

It was lost under Beale and thrown away under Clement and we are still unclear who's to blame for our most recent collapse

Warning signs first appeared against Killie away, Butland saved an almost certain 2nd early doors 2nd half, then we came back and found a way, but that was the start. Next game against Motherwell the rot really set in.
I felt we were struggling for sure after the Dingwall debacle. To save yourselves twice late on against your rivals and then turn up next game with another chance and turn in a flat performance like that, nae chance!!!!!

Yet again your glossing over our goal to make it 2-2 which was fcking rapid ,we where flowing then ,How many contentious decisions went our way against them ffs they even got a penalty today for a dive can you imagine that if it was Silva,in fact there was a much contact on Silva on the header he missed that was played on .
Just noise I’m afraid. Why does this team only start to play when the situation looks hopeless?

2-0 down in the last game at Parkhead, 2-0 down at Ibrox, 2-0 down again today.

The players clearly aren’t good enough and much of that is down to a lack of belief and character.

That’s where a manager needs to step in.

I’ll say it again though, we do need to give him the summer to build his own squad, although the depressing repetition of that statement these past few years shouldn’t be lost on any of us.

There was a point this season we finally had the upper hand and could have had them dead and buried before today, but the lack anything that gives the fans belief has disappeared from these players a long time ago.

Exactly , the Old Firm Games take care of themselves , plus the Home loss to Motherwell was a hammer blow , but at the time didn’t seem so bad ? now it hits home those silly points drapped to pish teams is where it’s hurt us the most !

I’m remembering our first half performance that was just as bad if not worse than the Beale game.

Even when we got it back to 2-2, we conceded less than a minute later. Disgraceful.
We outplayed them the 2nd half VAR once again was a factor in their favour.

I am maybes aye maybes naw on this one my friend .

RC was a real disaster from a position of starting 2H already ahead to blowing that really was monumental shot to the foot . Other games too yeah but not quite as extreme as that .

Today and the home OF were both failures by mostly senior pros at the club . That imo is factual .

You guys keep telling yourself what you want to console yourself. Unlike you, I know you don’t win leagues without winning Old Firm games!!! The fact it may only have happened once kind of shows that. A simple truth. Blame VAR, blame refs, blame Aberdeen for raising their game against us, blame an opening day away at Kilmarnock but personally I’ll lay it at a bunch of players who keep giving Celtic the lead in games and seem to lose to them for fun! When we start winning two Old Firm games a season again, we will be champions again, and not before.

Back