If we can win the Scottish cup

It is the manner and timing of collapse which means there should be no way back for the majority.

Two trophies in the grand scheme will be successful from the point of view of October 2023 - I genuinely thought we would win nothing again.

Don’t count on this squad delivering it, though. Would mean having to beat them when it counts.

Without a league title it's a hollow season.

I've always viewed it like that.

In a two team league the title is everything.

Anything else cannot be deemed as true success.

IF we win it and beat the mentally challengeds in the final I will of course celebrate on the day but it will be short lived in the knowledge that we threw away the league and the prizes that come with it. Recent weeks have been completely unacceptable.

Winning the Scottish cup probably means beating the filth in the final so regardless of the league it would be a brilliant day and a good end to the season. The reality is that we haven’t been good enough to win the league. Getting 1 points from 3 games against your league rivals isn’t good enough

I'm still struggling to get excited for Sunday tbh, totally deflated after the league collapse of the last few weeks.
I'm the same.

I'll still be going along but it's not exactly filling me with excitement, to say the least.

The league title is THE prize - and we fucked it !

Nothing that happens in the Scottish Cup will make up for that. Not even anywhere near it.

Sheep will lay down tomorrow. Unless some of our players wake up we won’t beat hearts on Sunday. Not even getting to the final at this point.

Prove me wrong rangers.

Watching this squad cavorting around Hampden with a cup will be pretty embarrassing after this collapse. That's the harsh truth.

At the end of the day, the scum will still go home with another league title and CL money. And will still have pumped us more times than not over the season.

After the position we put ourselves in league-wise, I couldn't really see me really giving too much a thought to the SC.

Who will be happier at the end of the season if we win a cup double and Celtic only win the league?

That says it all. A cup double doesn’t make up for the collapse considering the position we got ourselves into. Won’t be force fed the narrative it would be a success

Watching this squad cavorting around Hampden with a cup will be pretty embarrassing after this collapse. That's the harsh truth.

At the end of the day, the scum will still go home with another league title and CL money. And will still have pumped us more times than not over the season.

After the position we put ourselves in league-wise, I couldn't really see me really giving too much a thought to the SC.
Agreed mate.

Edit - literally just switched on Radio 2 and Queen's 'We are The Champions' is blaring out :mad:

Sheep will lay down tomorrow. Unless some of our players wake up we won’t beat hearts on Sunday. Not even getting to the final at this point.

Prove me wrong rangers.
I disagree. Maybe in the league but not if their going for a cup.

But surely you think that the club needs to start winning regular trophies which will breed success in other areas? It's massively important, CL money or not. For the glory not the money.
Yes, a trophy is a trophy, but there is very little glory for us in the domestic cups in Scotland, especially when they are not accompanied by a league championship trophy.

Utter nonsense. A win against the filth in a Scottish cup final is massive .
After what's happened recently, I'd disagree.

Will do nothing for us, and they won't actually give a F. As soon as the whistle blows, they will be talking about the league and CL.

They thought the league was gone. And it should have been.

Couldn't care less anymore. The failure in the title race has badly done damage.
I'm the same, I couldn't care less about the cup in all honesty. The biggest benefit I'd take from winning on Sunday is maybe it will give the team a much needed boost.

For obvious reasons, winning that league is everything now. The cups are merely baubles without it.

I'm the same, I couldn't care less about the cup in all honesty. The biggest benefit I'd take from winning on Sunday is maybe it will give the team a much needed boost.

For obvious reasons, winning that league is everything now. The cups are merely baubles without it.
Exactly,winning could give them a wee kick for confidence.However I can't see it.You get fed up hoping all the time.

To get so close to the title and if we fail it will be massively disappointing but 2 trophies in a season is our best ever haul in 12 years, and has precedent in the McLeish era to go on and win all 3 the following season.
Summer will be full of optimism regardless under Clement, Koppen and (hopefully) a board who back him with Sima, Cortes resigned and whatever other changes they require BUT 2 trophies is brilliant, particularly with a Cup Final expected to be a OF affair

Exactly,winning could give them a wee kick for confidence.However I can't see it.You get fed up hoping all the time.
Surely it's the hope we all live for!
The dream of what your team could achieve is surely part of the thrill, of course it makes the lows very low but the hope is what makes us stronger

Yes, a trophy is a trophy, but there is very little glory for us in the domestic cups in Scotland, especially when they are not accompanied by a league championship trophy.
Bollox to that, if you don't let out a euphoric cheer when Tav lifts ANY trophy having defeated the filth then you've bought into a snobbery mindset that only our media detractors would thrive off. In no world apart from a Rangers hating media world is 2 trophies not a huge success

To get so close to the title and if we fail it will be massively disappointing but 2 trophies in a season is our best ever haul in 12 years, and has precedent in the McLeish era to go on and win all 3 the following season.
Summer will be full of optimism regardless under Clement, Koppen and (hopefully) a board who back him with Sima, Cortes resigned and whatever other changes they require BUT 2 trophies is brilliant, particularly with a Cup Final expected to be a OF affair
Understand where you're coming from but the landscape has changed so much from the McLeish days.

Finance is what this club craves for the sake of our very Stability.

Every year we are denied that level of income the more precarious the situation becomes. That's before you even consider the prospect of the manky mob overtaking our trophy count.

Bollox to that, if you don't let out a euphoric cheer when Tav lifts ANY trophy having defeated the filth then you've bought into a snobbery mindset that only our media detractors would throve off. In no world apart from a Rangers hating media is 2 trophies not a huge success
I've already said that that of course I would celebrate on the day but realistically in the cokd light of day the celebration would be short lived knowing that we blew the main prize.

I would not say 2 trophies is a huge success for Rangers. It's success of a certain extent , but not "huge". Maybe for a club like Aberdeen, but not us.

After what's happened recently, I'd disagree.

Will do nothing for us, and they won't actually give a F. As soon as the whistle blows, they will be talking about the league and CL.

They thought the league was gone. And it should have been.
Did they think the league was gone? We had became slight favourites but it was never a sure thing.

I'll be delighted with a SC win can't see us beating but..... but it still leaves us facing another massive rebuild with no money to pay for it.

Any season where we don’t win the title is a failure, and winning the cups doesn’t make up for that in any way.
They beat us in the final and they’re on the same trophy count as us. Of course the league flop is disastrous, but beating them in the cup final is huge. On many fronts.
If we get there of course.

The players still have an opportunity to go and win seven games to win a treble and write their names into Rangers folklore.

Yes it’s improbable but by feck if it were me I would go and give it absolutely everything I had in an attempt. We should accept no less from those who pull on the shirt in those games.

There is no time for them feeling sorry for themselves. Get those fecking sleeves rolled up and go to battle starting Sunday.

Back