If we make it - will airlines add additional flights?

Live Forever

Official Ticketer
As above, what’s the thoughts?

Seems to have been the case for Liverpools finals recently. Not sure re City Chelsea as was still Covid restricted.

You would like to think so as they are guaranteed to fill them.

Not sure if they done it for the tims when they made the final?

Last edited:
I'd like to think they would put on additional flights, it's whether Seville airport can handle a big increase?

I'm sure airlines will add additional flights to airports that they all ready serve. Its easy money for them.

Would have thought so

No matter who gets to the final the slots at Seville airport should have been reserved and aircraft booked

Just a matter of which airports they leave from

Possibly

It wasn't that long ago that easyJet were still cancelling flights due to lack of crew

And that was before summer officially kicked in on May 1st

There will be a lot reserved and probably not even available yet until they find out what teams are in the final, I would think anyway

Jerez is the closest airport to Seville. I thought the host city had to have two airports to keep rival fans apart. Jerez is just over a hour drive. I guess the authorities would have one set of fans arriving and Seville and the other at Jerez.

There’ll be charters getting drafted in from mainland Europe if we get to seville

Need to get there first and then worry about it :D

Q. For the airline / plane fans

Does Seville airport allow flights out after 10pm (so can do day trip? Have they maybe got special license for it due to Europa cup final and that was part of their bid to be host city / ground?

Nearest airport that would facilitate a day trip?

Q. For the airline / plane fans

Does Seville airport allow flights out after 10pm (so can do day trip? Have they maybe got special license for it due to Europa cup final and that was part of their bid to be host city / ground?

Nearest airport that would facilitate a day trip?
It appears to be open til 11pm local

The Savilles had scores of day trip charters .
I think we will be shown no encouragement to go except those with tickets.
Off course folk will go anyway but perhaps flights etc will be tougher.

The Savilles had scores of day trip charters .
I think we will be shown no encouragement to go except those with tickets.
Off course folk will go anyway but perhaps flights etc will be tougher.
Yes my thoughts as well mate, the authorities will do everything in their power to minimise our numbers heading to Spain.

I work for an airline, don’t hold your breath, the impact of the Pandemic has left the industry really struggling with not enough people and flights having to be cancelled on a daily basis.

How do you reserve a flight when you don’t know where you’re going to be flying from?
I would think that there's something in place they've known for a while now that a game is happening there, maybe I'm wrong, just thought there would be

I'm not so sure, some airlines are struggling for Crew, just look at the amount of daily cancellations with BA, Easyjey etc. My route, should we get there is Glasgow, Heathrow, Madrid, with BA (Then train from Madrid), my return flight from Madrid to Heathrow was cancelled last Friday, thankfully got rebooked on a later flight that day.

How long would it take?
We drove in 2009 left 11pn on Sunday night got ferry 10 Monday morning arrived Seville about 8am roughly Tuesday morning.
Coming back left straight after game Wednesday night got back around 8am Friday morning. Took us about 20-22 hrs from Calais to Seville and another 10 hrs to Dover. About 32 hrs roughly in total.

Regards buses from Glasgow last time can remember Kinning Park ran one.

Also to all those folk thinking they’ll wait to book flights until their bet on us qualifying yields them a fortune, up to you. But realistically if West Ham qualify too it will be a nightmare getting flights from anywhere in the UK so you need to seriously consider whether that’s a gamble worth taking.

Back