If you haven't seen this video of Calvin Bassey then watch it now.

Hes a monster, tall physical, pace, power, guys like this are badly needed in every team. What i don't want to see is him shoehorned into the team in a position that's not his, he either earns the left back/left centre half spot or he comes in when Barasic/Helander are injured or need rested.

I like what I see. Real pace, power and a good touch. Seems to be able to find space for deliveries. That said, YouTube appraisals are not for judging players. He’s a young player with lots of potential, he looks able in our physical league hopefully he’s got it mentally too.

I like what I see. Real pace, power and a good touch. Seems to be able to find space for deliveries. That said, YouTube appraisals are not for judging players. He’s a young player with lots of potential, he looks able in our physical league hopefully he’s got it mentally too.

Bit racist innit ?

Maybe it’s just because the clips are from the u23s, but he looks like an actual giant compared to everyone else on the pitch.

Looks like he could even play as the left centre back in a 3-5-2, never mind as full back or wing back.
Exactly why we got him
Guys a monster in size.

he looks good. Like a dad always says, we’ll see.

He has the physique of a centre back but looks like he has the pace and delivery for a good full back.

Borna struggled initially with the physicality of the league. That won’t be an issue for this boy.
I watched the vid and every time I saw him go by anyone I just thought you are gonna get a sore one there in Scotland.

In any other league in the World refs pull out the red cards for the assaults on our players . Here, we get booked for complaining about them.

He will learn quickly just like Borna that he plays in a league like no other.

Looks good - first touch is a bit loose but he has so much pace it could be used as a strength as he commits opposition players into the challenge before skipping past them.

Does look like he strolls it at that level but of course he won't get that time or space up here but doesn't look like he will struggle with the physical side of our game.

Reminds me a bit of Micah Richards when he broke through.

He looks massive but maybe not the most technical or cultured when he has the ball at his feet

That will come though with the right coaching

He’s a almost a free punt so hopefully he does better than Dodoo that we got from Leicester

Insane skills ? Feck me - looks athletic BUT no where near ready for the first team IMHO - Borna rules - These were all U21 games HUGE Difference - good buy BUT don't get carried away

‘Nowhere near ready’ based on that clip, which will be the only time you ever seen him play football I imagine - you sure about that?

He’s been brought in for first team football.

A real prospect.

Has all the physical gifts you need in modern football, his pace is impressive but his acceleration over the first few yards really stood out. Several times he stood his man up and used it to create space for a cross.

Touch was perhaps loose a few times but that will come with our staff working on him.

Happy with this boy in as much as I have seen of him.

His first touch almost makes opponents think they can get it and then he nicks it away from them at the last second, will reserve judgement on whether he’s a great signing or shite until he’s played a good few games for us though!

Think he would be great as left sided centre back Bring the ball into midfield

looks so powerful with pace and very good skill

an absolute beast

Dunno if I watched the same video as everyone else.

Looks a fantastic athlete yes. On the ball? Hmm.
There are clips of him beating players with ease and he seems very good at creating space for himself with his first touch.

I think he just looks a bit awkward on the ball because of his size, people were saying the same about Helander when he first joined too because of his weird frame.

What's not to like? Big, powerful, rapid and appears to have a fair modicum of ability, you tube videos can be mis leading, but the manager has high praise for him, we are beginning to fill the squad with exciting young players who add value.

We have replaced both Halliday and Flannagan with this one player.

Quality over quantity is definitely the way forward

Need to work on his first touch a bit. He looks suited to our team and league as he won't be pressed on the ball that quickly and will have room to get motoring. Likes a long pass and cross from deep by the looks of it. I can see him getting moulded into a left sided centre back based on that. Great back up option and has all the raw materials.

What an absolute unit of a boy, impressive highlight reel seems to have a reel knack of picking his moment to just pinch the ball off of the attacker without the need for tackling

I think there's some raw attributes there. U23 football in England is very difficult to judge.

Look forward to seeing how he develops with us.

Looks aa if he loves getting involved

Strong in tackle ,an very athletic
Didn’t think he looked as pacey as some suggest
But a very strong runner ,who looks as if he’ll go forward at every opportunity
Range of passing looked decent
Crossing erratic

Very very promising

Looks super with huge potential. As mentioned by many I’d say the big guy will end up @ CH.

Reminds me a lot of Mcrorie in technique. Lots of potential but a very heavy first touch leading to either being clattered or clattering the other player. Crossing is pretty impressive and plenty of pace

He has never played first team football before so our fans are going to have to be patient with him. He will get caught in possession and make some mistakes but that is part of learning curve.
He will probably actually benefit from playing some games behind closed doors initially.

Back