If you thought the old slope at Easter Road was bad

Watching the Spurs/Ajax game last year my mate said "there's a slope on the pitch."
"Rubbish." I said. " It's as flat as a billiard table."
"No, Son Heung- Min." He said.

*Sorry, don't report me to the thought police.

Bridge of Weir Public Park was a nightmare. Played there many a time for the BB. The home team used to shoot up hill in the first half and downhill 2nd half. They used to defend like crazy in the first. Though I mind winning the toss and deciding to shoot that way and that screwed their game plan

My school had its own pitches. One had an appreciable crossfield slope. The other pitch had a slope from one end to the other and one penalty area had a huge bump between penalty spot and the goal. When taking a penalty at that end if you didn’t lift the ball it would hit the bump and fly over the bar. Happy days.

Used to play on some weird parks like that as a wee boy. You don’t see them so much now. Obviously re senior grounds there was Easter Rd but as I recall did not Raith Rovers and possibly Stirling Albion (?) have quite a slope. Many in the sixties hade SOME slight slope in them.
Alloa also had a slope in the olden days. The park was a potholed muddy field anyway so probably not that noticeable when playing.

Glenmanor park in Moodiesburn was the exact shape as that although not as steep.

played there a lot against Moodiesburn as a teenager and was going to post the exact same, murder pitch, took a few tankings from decent Moodiesburn teams there.

There was a football park in Clydebank at Goldenhill that was built on a hill, if you shot a grounder from the halfway line it would end up in the top corner.

and 20 mins to get the ball back if it went down the hill. :)) Played there in the 70's.

When I was in the BB we used to play on pitches in Thornliebank (behind the chapel) that you couldn't see on goal from the other (ok we were wee!!) and if you were winning with five minutes to go you could just blooter the ball out of the park.

it had slopes on the slopes
2 pitches if I remember correctly, one running uphill/downhill on the right as you left changing rooms and the other lying across the slope so that one wing was much higher than the other but still running downwards towards one goal. Helluva place to play.
Which company were you in?

played there a lot against Moodiesburn as a teenager and was going to post the exact same, murder pitch, took a few tankings from decent Moodiesburn teams there.
Amazing the number of goals we scored early on by playing a long ball up the slope to the left. We knew it would stay in whereas opponents would presume it was going out and stop playing.
:cool: :cool::cool:

Back