If you were a Spurs fan would you want to lose tonight?

Happy to lose?

• Yes

Votes: 281 41.3%
  • No

Votes: 400 58.7%

• Total voters
I remember 1982-83 season we were playing the sheep at Ibrox and they were neck and neck with the mentally challengeds with about 3 games left.Although I think Dundee utd were also in the mix.
In the pub before the game all six of us said we wanted the sheep to win.
However when actually at the game you soon change your mind, no way can you possibly want Rangers to lose.
Listening to their fans, cnuts like Leighton, Miller Rougvie etc playing for them. No way.
We scored winner, Bett I think, in last minute and the players & fans all went mental, couldn't give a fcuck about Celtic as long as we won.
Their was a pic of the winning goal on back of the Record or Sunday Mail and you could see the absolute delight in Gers fans behind the goal.

If any Spurs fan is thinking more about what happens to Arsenal than going all out to try and sneak 4th place and CL football then they are just as bad as a Rangers obsessed deluded mhank.

That’s what I think most fans of any club would be like in a big rivalry.
it’s tinpot as %^*&. Maybe they should get a bus parade booked if they get beat because of that’s their attitude to what they want from their club it’s the only one on the horizon.

This is a club that played a CL final in recent memory ffs being this tinpot

it’s tinpot as %^*&. Maybe they should get a bus parade booked if they get beat because of that’s their attitude to what they want from their club it’s the only one on the horizon.

This is a club that played a CL final in recent memory ffs being this tinpot
Ok

Fans will want them to lose, but doubt some of the players care to that degree. Potential bonuses for win, CL football & not probably even being bothered about a rivalry with being from abroad.

True.

And you can't imagine fans getting it into the players anyway.

London is a big city and the players are not going to be bumping into fans in the same way they would in Glasgow for instance.

Most players probably aren't even aware Arsenal is a rival. They'll be more concenred about playing well against one of the bigger teams (Man City) and posting the highlight reels on Insta.

That was so poor from Son. You would have bet so much on him putting that one on one away.

Arsenal fans everywhere will be going mental.

I dont see how it makes anyone a moron, they hate their rivals that is part of football, for them it is probably just as intense as the old firm rivalry.

As the poster above says they will still be in europe with a far better chance of success.
So you would rather your own club missed out on a massive chance to become bigger and better, maybe actually cement top 4 with a view of recruiting for a title push? All to get one over your rival? Who will just pull further away from you with the CL money anyway?
Aye that makes a lot of sense. That’s a moron.

I dont see how it makes anyone a moron, they hate their rivals that is part of football, for them it is probably just as intense as the old firm rivalry.

As the poster above says they will still be in europe with a far better chance of success.
This is exactly it. Don’t know what’s so hard to understand for folk.

So you would rather your own club missed out on a massive chance to become bigger and better, maybe actually cement top 4 with a view of recruiting for a title push? All to get one over your rival? Who will just pull further away from you with the CL money anyway?

Spurs wouldn’t become bigger and better by just having a season in the champions league, as history shows.

The vast majority of spurs fans leaving the ground last night would have been happy as they know they have made it more difficult for their main rivals to win a prestigious competition and all that comes with being the English champions.

True.

And you can't imagine fans getting it into the players anyway.

London is a big city and the players are not going to be bumping into fans in the same way they would in Glasgow for instance.

Most players probably aren't even aware Arsenal is a rival. They'll be more concenred about playing well against one of the bigger teams (Man City) and posting the highlight reels on Insta.
Are you seriously saying most Spurs players don’t know that Arsenal is their rivals.

That has to be one of the most ridiculous comments I’ve ever heard regarding football.

Last edited:
Let’s be honest most Bears would want Hearts to beat Celtic to the League title if it meant us losing to Hearts. Given that we couldn’t win the League anyway and had European football in the bag.
Thats a given.
I know Arsenal fans who told me there is no way Spurs would do them any favours. And I know a Spurs fan who told me he would have played the under 15’s last night if he could. Thats football fans, they don’t like each other.

That’s what this reminded me of. The pair of dirty bassas. It was as blatant match fixing if ever there was! Just to keep us out of 2nd, you would think that after winning numerous unchallenged titles they wouldn’t care who came second, but as always, we are their biggest and most constant fear!
Not the first time they've done it.They let Hearts walk over them at Tyncsastle to deny us second place many years ago.

I remember 1982-83 season we were playing the sheep at Ibrox and they were neck and neck with the mentally challengeds with about 3 games left.Although I think Dundee utd were also in the mix.
In the pub before the game all six of us said we wanted the sheep to win.
However when actually at the game you soon change your mind, no way can you possibly want Rangers to lose.
Listening to their fans, cnuts like Leighton, Miller Rougvie etc playing for them. No way.
We scored winner, Bett I think, in last minute and the players & fans all went mental, couldn't give a fcuck about Celtic as long as we won.
Their was a pic of the winning goal on back of the Record or Sunday Mail and you could see the absolute delight in Gers fans behind the goal.
I was at that game v Dons at Ibrox and the celebrations were mental when Bett scored. I think Dundee United that was the season won it and we lost 2-4 v the bheggars after being 2 up at HT.
There was another season when we played Sheep at Pittodrie last game of the season. Aberdeen were looking to win the title, but they had to beat us by five goals and hope scumtic lost at home to T Mirren. At half-time it was 4-0 for Dons and 0-0 at san giro. Scumtic scored early in 2nd half and went on to win 3-0, Aberdeen on hearing the score from Glasgow being relayed from the sidelines neve kicked a ball in anger in the 2nd half. There were many heated arguments among the Rangers fans that day as some wanted us to lose, while some wanted them to play to win. In truth, we were just shite at that time and were never going to win. Although I did WANT to win, I'd have consoled myself with denying 'them the title if the result in Glasgow had gone the 'right way'.

Anybody on here who would rather Celtic lost a league title than rangers qualified for the CL (in theory if there was ever such a situation similar to spurs last night) clearly hates Celtic more than they love Rangers. Over my dead body would I ever want us to lose a game which still means something to us over wanting Celtic to lose something.

I am a Spurs fan and I want City to win. Not remotely arsed about finishing 4th if it wins Arsenal the title.

Most Spurs fans I know feel the same.
Myself and my son are Spurs fans and watched the game both hoping for a Spurs win.

CL football, you do what’s best for yourself first and foremost

Anybody on here who would rather Celtic lost a league title than rangers qualified for the CL (in theory if there was ever such a situation similar to spurs last night) clearly hates Celtic more than they love Rangers. Over my dead body would I ever want us to lose a game which still means something to us over wanting Celtic to lose something.
Qualifying for the Champions League means something totally different to us. If that was on the line, of course.

To Spurs though, Champions League money probably means f*ck all.

Qualifying for the Champions League means something totally different to us. If that was on the line, of course.

To Spurs though, Champions League money probably means f*ck all.
Theyd still want to be in it. Attracts better players and more fans. If they don't care about the CL what do they care about? They're no winning the league.

But in this scenario it’s very unlikely Spurs would have got the CL spot even if they got something out of City no ?

But in this scenario it’s very unlikely Spurs would have got the CL spot even if they got something out of City no ?
That's not the point for me, if you're still in it you want to win. Anyway if spurs had beaten city they'd have had to beat Sheffield united while villa were away to palace. It was doable.

I would relate this to us.
Say Hearts and the scum were neck and neck for the title,I would want Hearts to beat us,no question,the scum did it years ago,they threw a game against hearts so they finished above us for a european spot.
It's often levelled at us(by our own support) that we're "too nice" for our own good,the poll above would suggest this extends to the fans as well.
If we weren't involved in a title race I would deny they fcuks by any means possible.
They wouldn't think twice about doing it to us.
It’s not the same as Celtic a few years ago. They already had the title wrapped up and lost nothing by letting Aberdeen win the game.

Spurs had top the 4 still to play for.

Cutting your nose to spite your face comes to mind.

It’s not the same as Celtic a few years ago. They already had the title wrapped up and lost nothing by letting Aberdeen win the game.

Spurs had top the 4 still to play for.

Cutting your nose to spite your face comes to mind.
I wasn't talking about the aberdeen game,us and hearts were battling for 2nd and 3rd I think it was,hearts were 1 or 2 points ahead of us going into the last game and the tims threw it as they had already won the league.If I remember it was their only defeat that season.
I think it was around about the ted mcminn game v derby.

I wasn't talking about the aberdeen game,us and hearts were battling for 2nd and 3rd I think it was,hearts were 1 or 2 points ahead of us going into the last game and the tims threw it as they had already won the league.If I remember it was their only defeat that season.
I think it was around about the ted mcminn game v derby.
Before my time then mate tbh :D

Back