If you've come back from Seville ill.

The Jeanie

Official Ticketer
My 14 year old son started getting Diarrhoea and vomiting on Thursday night at Faro Airport. and has been sick since.
His Mum and I had thought it was just food poisoning and to ride it out, but yesterday we thought it had gone on too long and took him to the GP who in turn sent him to the children's hospital at the Queen Elizabeth who are now testing him for E-coli. It could be a strain which effects his kidney's.
So, as a public service announcement, if you are still feeling the effects please go and get checked out at your GP.
He didn't drink any of the tap water as he was at the beamback stadium.
If anyone else has picked up this can you let me know please? The only thing he had different from the rest of us was a Burger King in Faro airport and the breakfast at the Marine Hotel next to Faro Airport.

My 14 year old son started getting Diarrhoea and vomiting on Thursday night at Faro Airport. and has been sick since.
His Mum and I had thought it was just food poisoning and to ride it out, but yesterday we thought it had gone on too long and took him to the GP who in turn sent him to the children's hospital at the Queen Elizabeth who are now testing him for E-coli. It could be a strain which effects his kidney's.
So, as a public service announcement, if you are still feeling the effects please go and get checked out at your GP.
If anyone else has picked up this can you let me know please? The only thing he had different from the rest of us was a Burger King in Faro airport and the breakfast at the Marine Hotel next to Faro Airport.
Hope he gets well soon.

Terrible the conditions hope he’s ok,
He didn’t by any chance drink water from the toilets per chance??

I woke up this morning feeling the worst I have in years maybe ever.

Up until now it was very mild stomach cramps and a sore throat.

Now I have a fever, worse stomach cramps and aches worse than when I had the flu.

I did drink the water from the bathroom taps however only a little bit to wet my mouth.

Both mine have had a similar bug in the last couple of weeks and neither went to Seville OP.

Think it’s more local and running through the schools

Edit - neither ended up going to hospital, best wishes with yours mate!!

Both mine have had a similar bug in the last couple of weeks and neither went to Seville OP.

Think it’s more local and running through the schools

Edit - neither ended up going to hospital, best wishes with yours mate!!
We were away from Monday night so definitely think he picked it up on his travels.

Did the burger King have salad in it? Reason I asknis I'm sure there was an outbreak a few years ago in Scotland and it was linked to salad or lettuce.
Hope your lad makes a full and speedy recovery OP

Fingers crossed your lad gets better soon.

What you are describing sounds very similar to what I have had for a week and caused me to miss Seville (had a ticket, flights the lot) My daughter brought it back from school, her mum got it next then me

A nasty thing and far worse than covid was. I'm well on the mend now, but still not confident enough to stray too far from a toilet. It actually wasn't dissimilar to food poisoning, either.

Anybody who has any sort of prolonged illness following this trip would be well advised to get checked out.
Legionnaires’ Disease is a possibility after drinking water from taps that are not regularly used,especially in those sort of temperatures.
Good that the OP has taken his boy to get checked.A possible case of E.Coli 0157 from undercooked food,leading to kidney issues.
Hopefully the boy is back to full health soon.

Didn’t drink water at the stadium as managed to get some fizzy juice but having come home on the Friday my chest feels tight, coughing and general cold symptoms. Testing negative for COVID so think its just the cold.

Seen a good number of people on Twitter explaining they’re ill. Hope the wee man is on the mend soon bud.

Running after a taxi as I dropped my mobile in it. In the act of running I ruptured my right Achilles. This was on the day of the game!!
Absolute agony walking to and back from the beamback game. Went to a local hospital not far from Faro airport and they did a scan on my leg which showed up DVT! So I wasn’t to fly. But I did as I had limited clothes.
Faro - Madrid.
Madrid-Lanzarote.
Lanzarote-Cardiff.
Then 7 hours drive to Uddingston. Needless to say I am off work for a few weeks.

I woke up this morning feeling the worst I have in years maybe ever.

Up until now it was very mild stomach cramps and a sore throat.

Now I have a fever, worse stomach cramps and aches worse than when I had the flu.

I did drink the water from the bathroom taps however only a little bit to wet my mouth.
I'm pretty much the same as this apart from it being Monday I woke up with the aches and pains, they were horrendous

Covid for me and I’ve passed it around the whole family.

Can’t be sure of course where it came from, but started to feel ill on Friday and tested positive on Monday.

Get well soon. Other than the shits for 36-48 hours or so after Wednesday, I’m fine and dandy. Just your luck I suppose.

hope he gets well soon mate,that sounds terrifying

I’ve been fucked since I got back k far to much drink and chemicals

Just feeling better today

Hope he's OK soon.

I've caught Covid as have a few of the people we were there with, nothing else despite drinking some of the tap water in the stadium.

All the best wee man.
Three of us all have cold/flu symptoms. All drank the dreaded tap water.

Hope your boy gets better soon.

I’ve not been feeling well since Friday, tested positive for Covid yesterday. Though my wife was Ill a week ago today so I’m blaming her.

Thanks for the good wishes, the key to this message is don't sit at home and let it ride out. If it's gone on this long you need to see a GP.
My son had been like shite since he came back into Scotland on Friday morning .
He had a bit of toast last night and took food to work today .
I will see how he is when he gets in tonight.
He tells me that he didn’t drink the tap water at the game , so I put it down to maybe the ice in his vodkas .

My mate who travelled to malaga and seville with me txtd me yesterday. He has covid.up till now in fine.tested negative this morning.

Hope he's ok mate for what its worth the four of us have been feeling crap since coming back last Thursday.
Was putting it down to the downer after the result but cant shake this chesty cough.

Back