I'm looking forwards to seeing what the gaffer can do

The most significant line “we are at the end of a cycle” I think the team that kicks off the new season will be unrecognisable.
I actually would not be massively shocked if all of Tav, Butland, Wright, Davies, Dowell, Lawrence and Cantwell are sold, along with all the OOC players released. I think Goldson would have been on that list too, but for the injury.

Obviously it would involve getting the right money for a few of them, but others we may see released for nominal costs. Huge number to replace, but a massive amount on wages saved too, when you add Roofe, Borna etc etc

He stated today that it is an end of an era for this team. I’m excited about what his own team will look like after a proper pre season. He seems to know what is required, wether the board back him to achieve this is another matter.

I’m not naturally a negative person. I was looking forward to a rebuild and winning the league under Gio. I was also looking forward to a rebuild and absolutely trouncing the league under Beale. Here we are again :(. It’s all becoming a bit too much Deja Voo for me.

But I remain positive but I’m not going to get carried away this time. I couldn’t handle the disappointment again:(

As a manager you should never take over mid season, especially if the previous manager was sacked.

You just get the blame for the mess you inherited.

There will be clever loan deals in there this summer with the size of the job at hand. Get the spine of team done in summer then add to it gradually over next 2 windows whilst utilising loans to see us through.
Loans are probably the only option, we don’t have the cash to go on a massive spending spree. How much will he get to spend ?

As bad as the last few weeks have been, he's still got more points than Celtic since taking over - and they've been unbeaten for months
Clement has won his league, he couldn’t recover the deficit left by Beale. I think for what he’s had to contend with on the injury front, he’s done remarkably well, but ultimately we still fcukt it up. Ps the Dundee postponements ruined our season, complete shit show from that mob, hopefully they will be hammered for any repeat performance with that quagmire.

I think he's the right man and deserves time to build his team but there's no doubt that in the last few months he has got some big calls wrong on team selection, tactics and substitutions...especially against the bheast.
There will obviously be a massive clear-out of serial losers over the summer and recruitment is massive. Get it wrong and we are facing another painful season.

However, there are two things I'm watching for that I think will determine if Clement will go onto be successful at Rangers. Firstly, team selection and performance in the cup final. Another pitiful capitulation by the usual suspects will set alarm bells ringing. Secondly, the captaincy, change it for next season and put in place fresh leadership for the good of all. Butland, Sterling or a transfer target, I don't mind but change it. Enough is enough.
I would say the selection thing is a bit harsh, if he had a full squad to pick from, that’s different. He is shuffling a very small pack .

Last edited:
I think he's the right man and deserves time to build his team but there's no doubt that in the last few months he has got some big calls wrong on team selection, tactics and substitutions...especially against the bheast.
There will obviously be a massive clear-out of serial losers over the summer and recruitment is massive. Get it wrong and we are facing another painful season.

However, there are two things I'm watching for that I think will determine if Clement will go onto be successful at Rangers. Firstly, team selection and performance in the cup final. Another pitiful capitulation by the usual suspects will set alarm bells ringing. Secondly, the captaincy, change it for next season and put in place fresh leadership for the good of all. Butland, Sterling or a transfer target, I don't mind but change it. Enough is enough.
I would say the selection thing is a bit harsh, if he had a full squad to pick from, that’s different. He is shuffling a very small pack .

We have a squad built to play one way though, when we had yilmaz and cortes fit all the play was going down the left, when we had sima we had a long ball as he could chace and get in behind, when we danilo we had a presser up front that was causing different problems. We lost almost all options in the wide area, players who were playing well had to play every game twice a week regardless of form due to injuries. Yes he has picked wrong players at the wrong moments but the squads shagged.

The midfield and wide roles dictate the style of play, the only midfielders with a bit of style are Cantwell and Diomande, the rest are spoilers, we are again relying on a 32 year old fullback to create our chances, guys ran out of legs. We have a striker that struggles to link play which means we cant play off him as much. Team needs shaken up big time.

Clement at his previous clubs switched between 352 433 and 4231 maybe he doesnt think the current squad has it them to do that.
No we don’t.

We’ve had three fit centre backs with no real width apart from our fullbacks for large periods of this season, given our disastrous luck with winger injuries.

We could easily have played a 352 or 343, but we just seem to shoehorn players into this one formation.

Back