Im still standing strong with the Gaffer.

Questions are rightly being asked if the manager.

His loyalty to certain players

His predictable tactics and line ups

His subs

His inability to change a game

He’s taken us a long way no doubt about it I’m not sure if he has what he takes to win a competitive league though.

Saturday was so hard to take we played right into Aberdeen’s hands and were absolutely clueless on how to do anything about it.

Prepare for incoming from the nuggets that will tell you how good a player he was.

We're not allowed to criticise our superstar manager according to some.

Last edited:
His inability to change a game and the use and timing of his subs are poor in my opinion.

remember our recent history and the managers we have had to bear then look at Gerrard, I know which one I would rather have.

We have made progress under Gerrard, anyone who denies this is clearly blind. Yes, we are going through a tough patch but look at where we were 3-4 years ago!

Unfortunately we have many fans still stuck in the 9 in a row era - where we expected (and seen) us pump teams from start to finish.
Mate,I'm from the 9 in a row era, but also from before that when we were struggling to finish 4th.

I certainly am not joining in this madness that was posted in here. There is no entitlement to win things in any sport, thats the whole idea of it. There is good times and bad, you make the most of the good times as they dont last for ever.

Nothing will ever be as bad as where this club was in 2012 and to be on here demanding trophies like it's our right is out of order. The improvement in the team over the last 2 seasons is there for all to see, but the impatience by fans these days could see that all derailed. The dip I'm form is worrying, but hopefully we'll get it back and push them for the league.

Gerrard has my full support, just hope these people calling for his head dont start to gather a momentum, no doubt aided by the press.

I think, quite simply, all that’s stopping Gerrard winning us silverware, is the same problem he’s had from day 1 when he took the job.........money! Looking at results against the Tim’s and in Europe, I think it’s fair to say that he’s worked wonders with what little has been made available to him, and results like yesterday do more to prove the shortcomings of the team assembled, than Gerrards management in all honesty. If we turn some corner, and can begin to provide him with the money he needs to buy the players he undoubtedly would like to buy, rather than loan players or youngsters whom he has to spend years moulding into perfect professionals, then I think he has the capability to make rangers successful. But judging him for playing with the hand he’s been dealt does seem a bit unfair, and that’s why I’d persevere with Gerrard for as long as he wants to stay.......that and the fact, I never want to see my team go the wall again through financial mismanagement, so nothing to be gained by constantly changing managers but dealing them the same hand as gerrards.

I think, quite simply, all that’s stopping Gerrard winning us silverware, is the same problem he’s had from day 1 when he took the job.........money! Looking at results against the Tim’s and in Europe, I think it’s fair to say that he’s worked wonders with what little has been made available to him, and results like yesterday do more to prove the shortcomings of the team assembled, than Gerrards management in all honesty. If we turn some corner, and can begin to provide him with the money he needs to buy the players he undoubtedly would like to buy, rather than loan players or youngsters whom he has to spend years moulding into perfect professionals, then I think he has the capability to make rangers successful. But judging him for playing with the hand he’s been dealt does seem a bit unfair, and that’s why I’d persevere with Gerrard for as long as he wants to stay.......that and the fact, I never want to see my team go the wall again through financial mismanagement, so nothing to be gained by constantly changing managers but dealing them the same hand as gerrards.
Sometimes we may just have to accept that celtic are going to be a hard nut to crack. They can go out and spend a lot more money than we can,something they will do if they win the league this year. Unless someone comes on board with a 100 million pocket money for us, it going to be hard going. There is no huge wad of tv money that would give us the opportunity to compete with them as signing quality players goes.

I know we have thrown away 5 points in 2 games and no matter how I try and dress it up we are all gutted, frustrated, annoyed, angry or whatever other emotion Bears are feeling.

After going to that cesspit and winning before the winter break we put ourselves in a very strong position. To surrender that with two lackluster performances is a hard pill to swallow.

I've tried to stay away from here since the full time whistle yesterday as emotions where running high, and rightly so.

But, I am still standing with the gaffer and believe he will get the lads firing again like they where in the last couple of months running upto the game against that mob. I am confident we will find that swagger again and will take 3 points off them at Ibrox.

Keep the chin up Bears the team needs us to rally round and support them not back off and leave them fighting this fight alone.

No Surrender Bears.
All the way mate

to many panty wetters

let’s go

Your last line is telling and what it’s all about, every Rangers manager should be judged on silverware, it’s zero out of 5 so far in my book.
Ffs calm down

we have improved beyond recognition

it was always going to be a journey with ups and downs

Ffs calm down

we have improved beyond recognition

it was always going to be a journey with ups and downs

I’m perfectly calm, what I’ve said is accurate.

Every Rangers manager should be judged on what silver he brings to the club.

Gerrard is no different.

Every right thinking Rangers fan is standing by him mate.
The ones that are calling for him to be sacked are hopefully waking up with killer hangovers and will be embarrassed by saying it.
Some of the clowns on FB are a disgrace.

I may be in the minority but I thought we didnt do to much wrong yesterday. Our passing was quicker and movement was better than the last couple of games. Their keeper pulled off 3 world class saves to deny us certain goals aye mcgregor pulled off a couple himself but other than not sticking the ball away I didnt think we done to much wrong. Hagi was keen to get on the ball and make things happen so he looks to be a positive player.

There is 4 points in it. We need to get behind the team.
May be?

No way about it, the gaffer needs to improve. His player choice for games is suspect. Even the players he give's chances too is suspect. His use of subs and changing tactics is abysmal.

He's still learning but these are some of the simple things that you need to get right very early on.

Fully behind Gerrard, but doesn't mean we should be blinded by his faults such as continued playing of Ojo.

Time is really something we don’t have we need to start winning trophies and soon for both financial and prestige reasons.

If and I stress the word (IF) the absolute worst happens this season we’ll be going into next season against a yahoo side chasing 5 trebles in a row and 10 titles.

I’m not sure just how much longer we can continue to sit in our hands and keep saying well maybe next year we’ll be better?

yes but to win trophy’s you’re have to understand the journey we are on. We are so close now and Gerrard will get it right. It looks like the training camp has killed the players. Players like Davis and Goldson should be speaking up if this is the case.
if people actually believe we can get a better manager than Gerrard they are deluded. He is feeling it as much as we are.

He has to win something this year, it’s as simple as that. If he doesn’t, he has to go.
Not at all.

Say we sack him at end of season.

Question 1 - who do we bring in to replace him?

Question 2 - He will want his own squad and players and require a small rebuild - Do we have time to rebuild?

Question 3 - Is he gonna be a guaranteed success and win the league?

Question 4 - Will he be better than Gerrard?

If your answer to any of these questions is "no" or "don't know", then the answer is simple - we stick with Gerrard who has brought us far and on current form despite the losses, we would be looking at a league win by some distance. We don't sack managers simply because they were unfortunate, we sack them because they were bad - and Gerrard is far from a bad manager.

However saying that, Gerrard has problems and issues with his management, many of which are posted already - But he is not a bad manager. A bad manager would be Pedro, Ally. Not Gerrard - he's a rookie and has a lot to learn, but he is very good and will only improve.

Where rangers were before Gerrard, to be quite honest - we should in no way, shape or form be challenging for the title this soon. Yet here we are. That says enough and is enough evidence that Gerrard is the man for us.

Gerrard should only be considered being sacked if we genuinely have a poor season, and so far under Gerrard, we haven't yet, despite no trophies (which we were cheated out of, might I add). Sacking Gerrard because of our referee's were corrupt and refused us a trophy is exactly what they want us to do.

Last edited:
I trust Gerrard. Our squad is far superior than at any point since August 2012.

His European results speak for themselves. Too many on here have short memories.

The man is a winner and will come good. Besides, who would realistically replace him?

He has brought us so far and he will deliver us 55.

Sometimes we may just have to accept that celtic are going to be a hard nut to crack. They can go out and spend a lot more money than we can,something they will do if they win the league this year. Unless someone comes on board with a 100 million pocket money for us, it going to be hard going. There is no huge wad of tv money that would give us the opportunity to compete with them as signing quality players goes.
Absolutely!!!!!!! I hate the thought of them getting 10, but to be honest, for me it’s not the be all and end all!!! In my eyes their titles will always be tainted.......and I never want to see us In the position we were before through chasing glory! These days my priorities for rangers are totally different. Not got a clue what I’d do without rangers to support, if they went out of business

Not at all.

Say we sack him at end of season.

Question 1 - who do we bring in to replace him? - Someone who has proven they can win a league title as a player or manager.

Question 2 - He will want his own squad and players and require a small rebuild - Do we have time to rebuild? We don’t have a choice. Can’t just stick with players who can’t win anything due to a lack of bottle or we’ll just become Aberdeen.

Question 3 - Is he gonna be a guaranteed success and win the league? - Not a guarantee but then neither is Gerrard, as he’s proving at the moment.

Question 4 - Will he be better than Gerrard? - I’d fucking hope so if Gerrard manages to go 2 seasons without a trophy.

If your answer to any of these questions is "no" or "don't know", then the answer is simple - we stick with Gerrard who has brought us far and on current form despite the losses, we would be looking at a league win by some distance. We don't sack managers simply because they were unfortunate, we sack them because they were bad - and Gerrard is far from a bad manager.

However saying that, Gerrard has problems and issues with his management, many of which are posted already - But he is not a bad manager. A bad manager would be Pedro, Ally. Not Gerrard - he's a rookie and has a lot to learn, but he is very good and will only improve.

Where rangers were before Gerrard, to be quite honest - we should in no way, shape or form be challenging for the title this soon. Yet here we are. That says enough and is enough evidence that Gerrard is the man for us.

Gerrard should only be considered being sacked if we genuinely have a poor season, and so far under Gerrard, we haven't yet, despite no trophies (which we were cheated out of, might I add). Sacking Gerrard because of our referee's were corrupt and refused us a trophy is exactly what they want us to do.
Answers above for you.

I know we have thrown away 5 points in 2 games and no matter how I try and dress it up we are all gutted, frustrated, annoyed, angry or whatever other emotion Bears are feeling.

After going to that cesspit and winning before the winter break we put ourselves in a very strong position. To surrender that with two lackluster performances is a hard pill to swallow.

I've tried to stay away from here since the full time whistle yesterday as emotions where running high, and rightly so.

But, I am still standing with the gaffer and believe he will get the lads firing again like they where in the last couple of months running upto the game against that mob. I am confident we will find that swagger again and will take 3 points off them at Ibrox.

Keep the chin up Bears the team needs us to rally round and support them not back off and leave them fighting this fight alone.

No Surrender Bears.

Absolutley OP!

I am also, but still able to criticise or ask questions when justified - Nobody is untouchable.

No Surrender Bears.
He might but its now too late

No Surrender Bears.
100% we are missing Tav and Jack wasn’t playing well before his injury

I'm fully behind Gerrard and believe he's the right man for the job, but he's not learning from certain mistakes.

I'm not singling Ojo out for our result yesterday but he insists on playing him when the whole stadium can see that he's not going to offer anything positive on the pitch. He's like a man down.

Not only that, but teams have sussed how to play against us now, especially at Ibrox. Park the bus and let the crowd turn. We have no plan B...starting to get a bit Warburton-esque.

Look across the city, they've adjusted their tactics to play a 3-5-2 in order to accommodate Griffiths & Edouard.

Please tell me you're not really saying someone who played for the length of time he did at the very top of European football, in c/mid , doesn't understand the game and know what it takes to win. Clowns on here criticising thought he was the 2nd coming a month ago
Good players dont always make good managers

Gerrard has my backing. The problem I am having with him just now though, is the constant backing of players who just aren't at it. It is really doing my nut in. He is sending a bad signal to our youth players etc. when he turns around and says they aren't ready yet, but sticks ojo in. If you were a youth player looking at that, would you be signing a new contract. We have players coming in and playing well getting dropped for players who have been consistently poor. Having your favourites is one thing but playing them when they are clearly not performing is another. I really want this management team to succeed. I just hope they adapt. Surely someone can figure out how to beat these s***e teams.

So staunch. The fact that these threads are even appearing at the moment shows a complete lack of reality.

I’m with the OP. 100%. We need to support Gerrard and I’ll be doing just that. We’ve improved year on year since he arrived and he will get it right. Panicking and starting again will set us back years.

The only suggestion I’d make is adding someone to his coaching team - perhaps as assistant mgr - who has been in and understands the Scottish league and what it takes to beat the negative block that we come up against in the majority of games. A horrible bastard who has experience of how to win in Scottish football. A balance for the positive total football that Gerrard knows and that is great when we are up against better teams but struggles against the negative day to day opposition. I think we need a touch of Scottish league pragmatism rather than idealism as part of our coaching team.

100%.....fkn gutted with results and performances last few games, but so called fans calling for his head after the progress that has been made since he came in do not have a clue about football...yes we have been shit since the break but that wont continue...they horrible cunts will drop points next cpl of games...refs cant help them forever

Agree with OP.

For me, Gerrard and his team are the best thing to happen to this club in years.

The progress we have made under them is undeniable. That will only continue in my opinion.

So, naturally, I will continue to support him.

Back