In the cold light of day

Geno

Edited Appendage
What does the manger say to the players today:

a. Does he give them the hair-dryer treatment for meekly surrendering a two goal lead, or
b. put an arm round them, tell them everything is fine and try to restore some confidence before Sunday?

He said himself last night that we weren't at the races second half so what do the management team have to do to change the mindset of these players?

I think it's a mixture of both. Has to let them know in no uncertain terms last night wasnt at all good enough and some of them may have played their way out of a cup final place. But at the same time point to the poistives of the 1st 40 minutes and focus on the way we can and have hurt Celtic in previous games.

First half hour - fantastic boys, as good as you’ve played this season and that’s what you’re capable of.

The rest of the game - you got cocky and relaxed too much and it’s not fucking acceptable so don’t you dare let that happen again, go out against the manky mob with your chests out, win the battle and then show who’s the better footballing side because it’s not them!

They need to realise that kind of performance is unacceptable for a Rangers team, however tearing them a new one just days before a massive game is risky.

Football management has changed so much from the days of the Ferguson/Smith hairdryer treatment that you risk completely denting their confidence.

Kick them up there’s rings and tell them to stop pissing around when we go in front.
Tell certain players they will be dropped if the keep up there pathetic mistakes thats costing us.

It's simple, he tells them do they want to be remembered as winners or losers?

Go out and play like you did in the first 40 minutes we win and you are a hero, go out and play like you did for the last 50 minutes we are beaten and you risk being labelled as a bottler in the eyes of the fanbase forever.

In my opinion our biggest issue from last night is it makes us look fragile.

We go 2-0 up on Sunday and we will have doubts and they will still have belief because we threw it away at pittodrie, if we held on or added to it last night then go 2-0 up on sunday I'd expect is to cruise it.

He grabs a select few by the scruff of the neck and boots them up the arse. Goldson for starters. Needs to stop thinking he's Beckham.

The issue is we have some players who know they're undroppable no matter what.

Hairdryer. It’s days like today I wish a few fans could go in and have a word with them. Some of them might understand what it means more after that.

It’s more than likely in 2019 they’ll get an arm round their shoulder though and bottle it again on Sunday.

My frustration is just on the basis that we were home and hosed.

Routinely, at the start of the season if you’d offered me going to Pittodrie in December and not losing, I’d take it.

Tough Away Games;

mentally challenged = D/L
Sheep = D/D
Hearts = D/W
Hibs = D/W

You’d be happy with your points come season end with that set of results, for me, anyway.

See when your doing the half lap of honour with the Cup, milk it, because everybody in the stands is with you through thick and thin.......oh wait.

I can't help but wonder what he said to them at half-time.

We let them back into the game after having dominated. What possesses them to come out and put in that kind of display in the second-half?

Routinely, at the start of the season if you’d offered me going to Pittodrie in December and not losing, I’d take it.

Tough Away Games;

Sheep = D/D
Hearts = D/W
Hibs = D/W

You’d be happy with your points come season end with that set of results, for me, anyway.

we should be destroying every team in this league home and away outside the scum

we've just spent 7 fucking million on one player

dropping points to aberdeen acceptable?

total and utter nonsense

He needs to say whatever he said to them before the December OF match at Ibrox last year. We were guff for weeks before it and then turned in one of our best performances of the season. One or two (we all know who) should be fearful for their long-term future if they have yet another poor performance against them; others should be fearful of being dropped for a few weeks. There are only one or 2 who could survive a poor game on Sunday.

He grabs a select few by the scruff of the neck and boots them up the arse. Goldson for starters. Needs to stop thinking he's Beckham.

The issue is we have some players who know they're undroppable no matter what.

Unfortunately most clubs the world over have guys who will play week in week out no matter what , at least a core of 5 players . I do take your point though Gerrard has shown incredible patience with two in particular , Tavernier and Goldson . I just hope they repay him by upping their game on Sunday .

we should be destroying every team in this league home and away outside the scum

we've just spent 7 fucking million on one player

dropping points to aberdeen acceptable?

total and utter nonsense

Come on mate you know that's not how football works. You can't win every single game against the dross.

Barcelona have lost to Levante and Granada recently, Man City lost to Wolves and Norwich. It's not just us. Every team loses to lesser teams at some point regardless of budget.

Gerrard has always managed to get a reaction out of the team after a setback so in a weird way im slightly more confident about Sunday.

Tough Away Games;

Sheep = D/D
Hearts = D/W
Hibs = D/W

Am I understanding you correctly?
You'd be happy winning 2 out of 8 games?
Tell me I've picked you up incorrectly

We need to stop persisting with players that are not performing ! Too many think they are guaranteed a place !

Unfortunately most clubs the world over have guys who will play week in week out no matter what , at least a core of 5 players . I do take your point though Gerrard has shown incredible patience with two in particular , Tavernier and Goldson . I just hope they repay him by upping their game on Sunday .

I understand why he stood by Tav though. He's our captain and he's still by far our best option at right back. We have two other good centre backs who can't even get a sniff anymore.

Come on mate you know that's not how football works. You can't win every single game against the dross.

Barcelona have lost to Levante and Granada recently, Man City lost to Wolves and Norwich. It's not just us. Every team loses to lesser teams at some point regardless of budget.

you've got us dropping points in 6 out of 8 matches against teams with a total budget less that we've just signed a single player for

horrific

People on here saying we got cocky have short memories.We lost a goal which can happen at any time in any game any where.We then proceeded to shit the nest,We panicked,we stopped playing,we hid.Sound familiar? I have been saying it since the start of last season .Our reaction to losing a goal is Shameful.We crumble instead of rolling the sleeves up .I played with the captain of the fine Motherwell team of the early 60's and he told me the worst thing you could do was score early against Rangers,the rest of the game was like the fuckin Alamo.How times have changed

Beatson allowing the Sheep to persistently foul with no red cards issued affected the team. Our players knew that if we retaliated we were being punished, especially Alfie.

The thing is even if we managed to overcome the manky mob on Sunday it won't lessen the pain of watching that last night. The league is the be all and end all as far as I'm concerned and last night was only conformation we're still short of what's required.

Naively I thought those dark days were gone for good. Even now I still can't quite comprehend just how we chucked away a two goal lead to a bunch of cloggers like them.

You don't typically instill belief in people by shouting and balling at them. As angry as I was watching that yesterday, as I am sure many were, Gerrard and Team need to help the players believe more. Almost all of first half we were excellent. That is where the belief needs to come from. Learning how to deal with the doubt after losing a poor goal is key to mental strength. Physically there was no reason to capitulate yesterday.

Back