Income for qualifing?

AriseSirWalter

Official Ticketer
Anyone know how much we'll get for progressing last night? Will it be more since cel'ic got thrown out on their arse? (not that you'd know by the reaction).

Around a million for winning the game and finishing 2nd in the group?

Added to Gerrard's compensation it's been a positive couple of weeks financially, and there are definite signs that we might end up better off on the playing side of things under Gio.

Yep a win is worth just north of 500k in the group stages and I think it is 500k for securing second.

So so far we’ve made roughly 1.7mil from the group stages and that doesn’t include ticket sales (which obv make up the bulk) or the TV share. Been another very important campaign for us in Europe.

Apologises, this is just a copy and paste but should answer your questions.

Europa league

• Qualified to group stage: €3,630,000
  • Match won in group stage: €630,000
  • Match drawn in group stage: €210,000
  • 1st in group stage: €1,100,000
  • 2nd in group stage: €550,000
  • Knockout round play-offs: €500,000
  • Round of 16: €1,200,000
  • Quarter-final: €1,800,000
  • Semi-final: €2,800,000
  • Runner-up: €4,600,000
  • Champion: €8,600,000
Conference League

First qualifying round elimination: €150,000
Second qualifying round elimination: €350,000
Third qualifying round elimination: €550,000
Play-off round elimination: €750,000
Qualified to Group Stage: €2,940,000
Match won in Group Stage: €500,000
Match drawn in Group Stage: €166,000
1st in Group Stage: €650,000
2nd in Group Stage: €325,000
Knockout round play-offs: €300,000
Round of 16: €600,000
Quarter-final: €1,000,000
Semi-final: €2,000,000
Runner-up: €3,000,000
Champion: €5,000,000

So what does that give us $...............................

Canny count Loyal
This is all in Euros but:

3.6m for qualifying for the group stages
1.5m for our two wins and one draw in the group stages (with one match to play)
0.5m for finishing second in the group

Not far off 6m Euros banked so far in prize money alone, and then you need to factor in gate receipts and other matchday incomes.

Last edited:

1.7m for our two wins and three draws in the group stages (with one match to play)

Not far off 6m Euros banked so far and then you need to factor in gate receipts and other matchday incomes.

can add in 500k euros minimum should be get knocked out in the play-off with the CL team

1.7m for our two wins and two draws in the group stages (with one match to play)

Not far off 6m Euros banked so far in prize money alone, and then you need to factor in gate receipts and other matchday incomes.
We have only had one draw - two defeats.

1.7m for our two wins and two draws in the group stages (with one match to play)

Very pleasing. Add that to do management staff compensation and it’s the guts of about £10m that we have pocketed.

I said in another thread last night could have been crucial to secure another signing in January or something.

There was a Twitter post on here somewhere earlier but I can’t find it, which broke everything down. Above is all correct, plus we get a 10 year co-efficient bonus of about 900k. So it was around €7m so far before tickets, match-day revenue etc.

Europa league

Conference League

Tbf its not a lot different really.

There was a Twitter post on here somewhere earlier but I can’t find it, which broke everything down. Above is all correct, plus we get a 10 year co-efficient bonus of about 900k. So it was around €7m so far before tickets, match-day revenue etc.
This one?

This prize money will be further boosted by the following:. Matchday 6 of 6 result: €TBC. Redistributed Draws: €TBC.

It’s the same with the coefficient points. We would get more coefficient points and money in the conference league, it just doesn’t have the prestige. The difference should be bigger really.

Do we drop in if we lose in this next round?

Tags mentioned on Twitter that this Europa money plus the Gerrard compensation pretty much covers our £7.5m shortfall for the season.

Once you include hospitality must be looking at what £1.7m per game at home - we've had 3 group games and at least this knockout.... £6.8m

Doesn’t look like you can drop into the Conference after qualifying from the group in the Europa.

It’s a strange one because financially they are very similar. The financial gap needs to be bigger, as it is with the CL to EL.

Wee diddy teams like Celtic shouldn’t be earning much for being in the lowly peasant European competition.

I’d be surprised if Gio gets anything to spend in January as we need £7.5M just to cover costs until the end of the season. Might get a couple of loan players in i reckon.

I think he’ll get something purely because he’s a new manager but it’ll very likely be a loan.

Regardless of manager, we need players to go out before we can bring people in.

The wage bill will be very different next season with Arfield going and potentially McGregor too. Two very high earners. Defoe as well but don’t think he’s on his big wage any more.

Do we drop in if we lose in this next round?
No, so we will facing 3rd placed Champions League teams while they will face 2nd playing Conference League sides.

Realistically, it is very likely we will go out to someone like Dortmund while they will progress against the likes of Qarabag or Randers. So they will likely end up with more coefficient points and money than us from Europe as a result of dropping down.

Their worst possible draw would Spurs or Roma though and our best draw would be Sheriff. So there is a tiny chance we could get an easier draw.

I think he’ll get something purely because he’s a new manager but it’ll very likely be a loan.

Regardless of manager, we need players to go out before we can bring people in.

The wage bill will be very different next season with Arfield going and potentially McGregor too. Two very high earners. Defoe as well but don’t think he’s on his big wage any more.

McLaughlin, Goldson, Balogun, Davis, Barker and Firth too.

McCrorie and Wright the following season.

All 5 of the keepers we currently have !

What will match day ticket income be? Circa 2m?

Does Rangers once again reaching the knockout stage of the EL increase Scotland's co-efficientcy points?

What will match day ticket income be? Circa 2m?
It’s hard to tell, because most folk would’ve bought the 3 match package I’d assume. That was on at around £115 but not sure how many we sold. That could’ve brought in anywhere from 4-5 million pound IMO. Then all the individual tickets for people without the package. Then hospitality tickets were about £250 each etc so it’s hard to judge. I think usually all in we make anywhere between 15-20m.

There’s probably people on here with a much better insight than me, I’m just doing some quick adding up between the confirmed Euro money, average ticket price and attendance, there’s a lot more that goes into it I’m sure. Sponsor bonuses for qualifying, policing costs etc.

my take from last night , 500k for win, 500k for being second in group , and 500k for knockout stage so 1.5 million for last night alone , next round gate money etc near 2 million. Some money .

I know we need to win the league this season for the champions league riches.
But this shows we can not just throw away this seasons europa league, as the cash already won is so critical to us.
We always have to get out of the group stages, plus keeping our name known through out the competition, plus the dreaded coefficient.
It could be anther player in january.

I’d be surprised if Gio gets anything to spend in January as we need £7.5M just to cover costs until the end of the season. Might get a couple of loan players in i reckon.

Sounds like EL money and Gerrard compensation is more than 7.5M.

I completely get the finances are horrific and we need to start selling at some point but if Gio feels that he needs a player for his system (another 1st team winger as we only really have Kent for example) then we really need to get it for him as there's 40M CL money riding on this season.

Ideally we'd be able to sell any players Gio doesn't fancy.

my take from last night , 500k for win, 500k for being second in group , and 500k for knockout stage so 1.5 million for last night alone , next round gate money etc near 2 million. Some money .

You dont get 2nd place prize and the knockout money. You only get the money when you are through.

We bagged 550k last night.

So 500,000 is up for grabs if we go through next round.

Tags mentioned on Twitter that this Europa money plus the Gerrard compensation pretty much covers our £7.5m shortfall for the season.
I would think the anticipated shortfall would include this already.

However Gerrard compo + share issue money is £9M that won't have been accounted for.

I would think the anticipated shortfall would include this already.

However Gerrard compo + share issue money is £9M that won't have been accounted for.

Reaching the group stages would have been anticipated but I'd assume, probably wrongly, the nearly £5mil for Gerrard and co as well as qualifying for the last 32 wouldn't have been.

You dont get 2nd place prize and the knockout money. You only get the money when you are through.

We bagged 550k last night.

So 500,000 is up for grabs if we go through next round.

I dont think that is the case.

You get the money for competing in that round.

If we go through the next round we would get a further 1.2m for competing in the last 16, and so on where the prize is 4.6m for competing in the final with a 4m bonus for the winner.

I dont think that is the case.

You get the money for competing in that round.

If we go through the next round we would get a further 1.2m for competing in the last 16, and so on where the prize is 4.6m for competing in the final with a 4m bonus for the winner.
The prize money next to the round is on completion if you win that round.

I.e champion - €8.6

So we dont get the knockout prize unless we go through the way the table above looks. We have already been rewarded with 550k for getting through.

Thats the way im reading it.

Europa league

Conference League

The conference league money is much closer to the Europa than I thought it would be. With the level of teams there is actually a chance to make some decent cash

The prize money next to the round is on completion if you win that round.

I.e champion - €8.6

So we dont get the knockout prize unless we go through the way the table above looks. We have already been rewarded with 550k for getting through.

Thats the way im reading it.

I'm pretty sure that is wrong and it's money for competing in that round.

The money for finishing 1st / 2nd in the group or winning the tournament is a bonus over and above the appearance money for the round.

All in so far we have received the following in Euros.

Group stage Qualification 3.63m Euros
Uefa Group Two wins at 630k Euros
One draw comes in at 210k Euros
Qualification in 2nd place 550K Euros

From this we have earned guaranteed 5m Euros in pounds a tad over 4.2m pounds.

Other revenues that we will get a share of include TV money, the pool that contain sthe money from draws approximately 200l Euros from each drawn match and the coefficient share.

Back