Incomplete Season

sure the league in Chile was halted earlier due to issues in the country and the league was awarded to the top team with a handful of games left.

They might just draw a line in it and current standings reflect the outcome

It's mathematically possible for us to win it, its mathematically possible for a number of teams to get European football or be relegated as well. It's far from cut and dry!

Its Scotland though, they'll find some convoluted way of ending it.
It'll get messy (less so from our side but more from clubs missing out on Europe or being relegated)

It's mathematically possible for us to win it, its mathematically possible for a number of teams to get European football or be relegated as well. It's far from cut and dry!

Its Scotland though, they'll find some convoluted way of ending it.
It'll get messy (less so from our side but more from clubs missing out on Europe or being relegated)
My point on other threads it’s Scotland .

Would be interesting to know , what our rules state on this eventuality .
I don’t think there is anything in the rules that cover this.
Therefore, any decision that is arrived at would need to be by consensus.
I reckon there is a 11-1 voting structure just now which means it takes only two clubs to reject any recommended solution.
We’d better, and hope there is at least one other abstention.
That covers the league winners decision but I just cannot see a simple solution to any other decision needing made.
Even more so in the championship where the Arabs would be apoplectic if the season was cancelled.
Of course, this would be ever so sad for them.

Surely there must be a rule in in place for a season not being able to finish

What would happen if a game was abandoned around 60 mins say?!

No way can any team be declared winners of a competition that wasn't complete.
Slightly off topic, I’m sure the scum were two down to Hibs at paradump when the game was abandoned due to fog.
There were only three minutes left to play!

Slightly off topic, I’m sure the scum were two down to Hibs at paradump when the game was abandoned due to fog.
There were only three minutes left to play!

Was that replayed or awarded to hibs?

I remember our game against dundee utd was abandoned at half time, it was replayed (can't remember the score at the time) but there is no way you can abandon a competition and just award it to whoever is leading at that point.

It would be a shame if it happened and I'd feel sorry for cel'ic if it does but health and safety concerns are paramount and if the league needs to be stopped it must be declared null and void. No ifs or buts.

They will award the league to the scum without doubt(anyone expecting the SPFL to do anything other than that is mental, despite it being wrong).

Turn a negative into a positive.

League reconstruction, promote the top 4 in the championship to make a 16 team league no relegation. Solves half the issue.

Is this really what we are hoping for ?? Some people on here are desperate for the league to be cancelled.
So they would rather more people got ill so that the league got cancelled rather than beating and getting rid of a deadly virus that is killing people!!

They would need to void only fair way to do it especially with deciding who get relegated. Hopefully they put it to a vote with the clubs as I dont think to many agreeing to go with how it stands.

Was that replayed or awarded to hibs?

I remember our game against dundee utd was abandoned at half time, it was replayed (can't remember the score at the time) but there is no way you can abandon a competition and just award it to whoever is leading at that point.

It would be a shame if it happened and I'd feel sorry for cel'ic if it does but health and safety concerns are paramount and if the league needs to be stopped it must be declared null and void. No ifs or buts.
“It would be a shame if it happened and I'd feel sorry for cel'ic if it does”

u wot?

Back