Injury update on Tav

The Goalie

Gerrard said: “James has been slower than we wanted. It’s difficult to put a date on his return. He hasn’t had a setback, it’s one of those injuries where you have to be patient with it.

“Jacko and Kem should be back with us some time next week. They are closer than James.

From Chris Jack in the Evening Times

Tav will be a big miss in Europe for us. Hopefully we can get past Slavia and he can get back in time for the quarters, but even those will probably come too soon for him.

Would be truly gutted for him if he wasn’t back for trophy day

That's a shame. Tav probably won't finish top scorer in the SPL now, it was looking like he might at one point. He is still joint top assister with Hagi, hopefully Hagi gets a several more assists and gets the most.

I'd be happy to have Tav back for the split/Scottish cup run in tbh. Last 16 of Europa not going to happen and even last 8 should we get there seems a bit unlikely.

He said 2-3 weeks on Tav and Roofe. The latter returning next week fits that timescale.

Perhaps, initially, Gerrard was hoping Tav would be available for St Mirren on Saturday. Tav is now 2 weeks in so even another fortnight means he is pushing for the second leg and the visit to the piggery. It need not be complete doom and gloom.

Tav back to lift the trophy! Need our squad numbers back with the Scottish Cup set to restart and hopefully a continued Euro run

I dont know where people are getting the idea that Patterson is getting banned soon from. There has been no bannings for the Dubai fiasco or the SFA officials not isolating. There is no fast track for our players misdemeanor .
Because they are never/seldom held to the same standard as we are

Its natural to expect the SFA to act in an unfair, corrupt and exceptional way with us because they’ve done it many times before.

Dont worry though, we’re keeping our powder dry. Dryer than a nun’s cnut.

Must admit, I was hoping he would be back for the Europa games, or the Parkhead one at the latest.

Tav never suffers from injury so because of his inexperience in them it'll take him a wee bit longer than usual to get over it :))

Tav was never gonna be 2-3 weeks with a knee injury. Hence why I’m glad we didn’t banish Patterson.

Obviously jack is out because nobody in the world could score that worldie with breaking something other than the net

I dont know where people are getting the idea that Patterson is getting banned soon from. There has been no bannings for the Dubai fiasco or the SFA officials not isolating. There is no fast track for our players misdemeanor .
Maybe the fiasco of having to back track on the points, then doing nothing about Celtic have backed them into a corner a bit. But I doubt it.

He said 2-3 weeks on Tav and Roofe. The latter returning next week fits that timescale.

Perhaps, initially, Gerrard was hoping Tav would be available for St Mirren on Saturday. Tav is now 2 weeks in so even another fortnight means he is pushing for the second leg and the visit to the piggery. It need not be complete doom and gloom.
Hopefully he'll be back by Sharkheed

No point risking a player for a campaign which is nearly done and dusted.

I’m glad we’re taking our time with him.

We had previous for trying to return players too quickly, some probably claim to be fine to play when they aren't 100% as they miss playing?

Love Tav. He gives us so much, what an engine he has. Disappointing for everyone that he may not be able to participate in our season end. But he should be kept out as long as necessary...we don't want this turning into a chronic persistent problem through an over hasty return. He does seem a robust guy though so I'm sure he'll make a full recovery.

This is FF mate, it is ALWAYS time for complete doom and gloom

I’d love Tav back for parkhead but if it’s longer then so be it, as long as he is the guy to lift the trophy in may , even if it’s full on John Terry style I’m not arsed.

When has one of our players ever returned from injury on schedule?

A rule of thumb would seem to be take the number of weeks quoted and convert to months.

Valley Bluenose will clarify it, but I’m sure he said, as there is no fast tracking possible for Paterson and others, they need to be cited and it’s 2 weeks before any ban can be imposed, which would means they would be available for the filth game. Maybe I’ve misread it, but I’m sure it’s along those lines.

I'm pretty sure tav will be lucky to play Again this season not saying v he won't but the type of injury could be made worse if rushed back

He's given us more than enough this season, no need to rush him. Just make sure he's involved in the trophy presentation game even if he needs to be a 96th minute sub and just stand about scratching his baws for a few seconds.

It's a blow losing Tav but I really hope he doesn't miss the day when we clinch 55.

The guy has been through hell and now is about to become a legend and will miss it through injury if we win it this weekend which is a massive shame imo.

Still a bit irked that we let him try and play on twice, not sure if that would have done any more damage.

When has one of our players ever returned from injury on schedule?

A rule of thumb would seem to be take the number of weeks quoted and convert to months.
Well by the sound of things Roofe and Jack?

SG noted when Jack said he was fit but had to be subbed
He is not going to allow Tav to come back early

Back