Inside the stadium - no water

One tea bar open for the entire section with one guy working himself in it.
Hundreds queuing for cold drinks.
No food only crisps.
Cash only no card.
Half-time folk sharing cups of water out the taps in the toilets,elderly people begging for water and the police just move them on.
At the end of the game they had turned the water off completely.
All this in 35 degree heat.

Unbelievably a mhank in work said the same thing to me today, he was in Seville 19 years ago and he mentioned the lack of water, incredible that all these years later it’s still an issue in a European final.

Seen a fan ask balogun for water when he was warming up… he returned 5 minutes later with a bottle for the guy who then proceeded to scrounge water off anyone else who had a bottle. The all day drinking in the sun musta got to him.

Absolute shambles inside the stadium. Kids working the kiosks were like rabbits in headlights. People resorting to filling up bottles of water from the toilets. Stewards weren’t interested. Shocking stuff.

In 35 degree heat, absolutely scandalous. People were so desperate for water and were given warm tap water. Be on the toilet for days
It was a disgrace and it should be up to Uefa to take action on it.
Personally i was desperate for water and couldnt get a thing. The guy next to me was taken away by a medical crew for dehydration ans heat exhaustion.

No food only crisps.
Cash only no card.
Half-time folk sharing cups of water out the taps in the toilets,elderly people begging for water and the police just move them on.
That is absolutely outrageous

Same here, stood in a queue from about half 6 to quarter past 7. We were about 20 people back still when they just said nothing left and everyone was absolutely begging for water. They couldn’t get the shutters down quick enough and it took some convincing to even give us the empty plastic cups to go fill up in the toilets.

UEFA should have serious questions about this fiasco, I won’t hold my breath.

No food only crisps.
Cash only no card.
If that’s the case serious complaints should be emailed to UEFA

Unbelievably a mhank in work said the same thing to me today, he was in Seville 19 years ago and he mentioned the lack of water, incredible that all these years later it’s still an issue in a European final.

Typical all over Spain, bottles water is the norm. Tap water is a laxative.

If that’s the case serious complaints should be emailed to UEFA
That is 100% the case.
Along with power banks and sunscreen getting taken off fans going into the ground after UEFA said power banks were fine.
Dreadful organisation yet again sadly expected.
Shit stadium the €100 seats were dreadful,sat in the free cheap seats much better view.

It was an absolute disgrace. Queued for over an hour at the one kiosk openand all they had was some cola left which they then ran out of and we were in just after 6. No water and the stewards did not give 2 fcuks.

Disgusting and ruined my enjoyment of the biggest footballing occasion of my life. Was totally stressed as has sweated buckets throughout the game and had nothing to drink other than a mouthful of tap water. Never exited a stadium so quickly. Disgrace of a venue for a major European final chosen by a disgraceful organisation.

They "ran out of water" in the beamback in Cartuja. Only to magic up some from somewhere in extra time. Sounds worse in the actual stadium tho. Shameful from UEFA.

Grateful that there was a beamback but the location and kiosks were horrendous

It was disgraceful. We were queuing in the toilets to drink the manky Spanish tap water, such was the desperation. And then, for some mental reason, they cut that off at the mains, for %^*& knows why. A shocking way to treat people. Football fans treated like cattle.

I honestly think that was partly the reason the atmosphere was so shit in my section. Everyone was knackered and drained.

Six hours with no water tonight. I wasn't pished and had drunk as much water as beer during the day . Lips and tongue were sticking together by the time I got back to hotel.

Only one kiosk open in our section of the ground even before they ran out and impossible to get near it.

In 35 degree heat, absolutely scandalous. People were so desperate for water and were given warm tap water. Be on the toilet for days
The lack of booths, with English speaking staff was a disgrace. The queues were massive. Then when we got out, nothing was open, finding water outside was just as hard.
Bizarre that everything was closed.

Disgusting and ruined my enjoyment of the biggest footballing occasion of my life. Was totally stressed as has sweated buckets throughout the game and had nothing to drink other than a mouthful of tap water. Never exited a stadium so quickly. Disgrace of a venue for a major European final chosen by a disgraceful organisation.
You are 100% correct , absolutely shambolic , no water , kiosks closed at half time around V207 area, walked to Frankfurt end for water which was a carnage, fans screaming for water from both supports ,Shutters getting battered and staff were clueless.
Luke warm tap water available for a small period and then they close off mains supply.
35 degree searing heat , not good enough .

You’ve got to wonder what rangers and the slo were going in the lead up to this game. Anybody with half a brain should have realised that there should have been at least 2 bottles per person available. I arrive at 7.30 and everything was sold out.

To open the stadium as early as they did, but not have the provisions available is contemptible and the sort of thing you’d see uefa dish out fines to clubs for

I had to practically beg a wee steward for a sip of her water, it was that bad. Disgraceful there was no water.

Not sure what it'd achieve to turn to Karen mode but...

Are we able to put in some sort of formal complaint to UEFA to make sure shit like this never happens again? It's a fuckin disgusting way to treat fans.

Not sure what it'd achieve to turn to Karen mode but...

Are we able to put in some sort of formal complaint to UEFA to make sure shit like this never happens again? It's a fuckin disgusting way to treat fans.
You're pissing in the wind mate. UEFA don't care about normal fans. We are just an inconvenience getting in the way of the corporate money train.

They'll tousle your hair and leave you with a, "run along home now, boy"

They only care about Saturday the 28th

Steward was telling folk to take empty bottles out of the bin and go and fill them up in the sinks.

Then got annoyed when folk told her to f.u.c.k off

Thirstiest I’ve ever been in my life after the game. Got our Uber to the airport to stop at Burger King for bottles of water and orange juice, was so dehydrated. Shambles of a ground.

In the ground an hour and a half before kick-off and no safe for drinking water facilities. Shouldn’t be the case in a modern stadium. Don’t expect UEFA to do or say anything.

UEFA won’t care they would have been fed and watered, wined and dined In there hospitality suites . Stadium was a dump when we were there in 2009 and it’s still a dump now.

I had 3 pints all day, and drank loads of water and juice during the day to keep the fluids up.

But I felt dehydrated and lethargic by the time the game kicked off and there was no water available.

An absolute disgrace.

Death trap of a "Stadium".
Refreshment situation was farcical.
Policing was an absolute joke, given the relatively "small" number of fans.
150 Euros for that......UEFA are utter con artists..

They should have been handing out free bottled water to everyone as they got in the stadium and at the end of the game.

Then on the 45 min walk back to my hostel i only spotted 2 places open with massive queues so couldn't even get a drink of water or juice after.

Back