Insignificant things in football that annoy you.

Opposition players being allowed to block free kicks (quick or otherwise) by standing in front of the ball. Get back your yards or get in the book.

Fans complaining about timewasting but being against two halves of 30 mins ball in play time.

The notion that there is nothing we could learn from US sports in terms of how to improve the game. 'Americanised pish' is the general term used to denigrate good ideas and defend the miserable experience that is attending a game in Scotland.

If it's a foul in the centre circle, then it's a foul in the box.

If it's a bookable foul in the 87th minute, then it's a bookable foul in the 1st minute.

Offside is offside. It's entirely binary, you're either offside or onside. No degrees of offside exist.

Hitting the bar/post means nothing. It's off target.

People moaning about a performance where we win 3-0 cause 'if it wasn't for our keeper'. That is literally the reason why we pay a goalkeeper handsomely. He has one job - keep the ball out of the net. Doesn't matter how many shots he's faced, in fact with the wages we pay they should be facing more shots.

People placing a huge emphasis on goal difference. 11 times in history across all professional leagues in the world, and people are shitting their pants in September cause we scored less than the other lot.

People in general.
"Hitting the bar/post". Cryuff was quoted as saying he loved the sound the crowd made when this happened. So if Ajax were well in front in a game he would deliberately hit the woodwork (or whatever the goal frame is made of) just to hear the crowd noise.

Footy does my head in, usually used by someone who has never played. It is either football or fitbaw.

iu

Players pulling jerseys and the general jostling at corners, big girls blouses, send a few off and it all stops.
and another thing, this handball crap, if it touches an arm/hand anywhere from the shoulder down, it’s an offence, end of, same as offside, no matter if someone is deemed to be active or whatever the frigging phrase is, offside is offside, make the game easier again,take away the options for seeing things differently.
I feel much better for that

Opposition players being allowed to block free kicks (quick or otherwise) by standing in front of the ball. Get back your yards or get in the book.

Fans complaining about timewasting but being against two halves of 30 mins ball in play time.

The notion that there is nothing we could learn from US sports in terms of how to improve the game. 'Americanised pish' is the general term used to denigrate good ideas and defend the miserable experience that is attending a game in Scotland.

If it's a foul in the centre circle, then it's a foul in the box.

If it's a bookable foul in the 87th minute, then it's a bookable foul in the 1st minute.

Offside is offside. It's entirely binary, you're either offside or onside. No degrees of offside exist.

Hitting the bar/post means nothing. It's off target.

People moaning about a performance where we win 3-0 cause 'if it wasn't for our keeper'. That is literally the reason why we pay a goalkeeper handsomely. He has one job - keep the ball out of the net. Doesn't matter how many shots he's faced, in fact with the wages we pay they should be facing more shots.

People placing a huge emphasis on goal difference. 11 times in history across all professional leagues in the world, and people are shitting their pants in September cause we scored less than the other lot.

People in general.

This guy gets it.

Women footballers saying they should be getting paid the same as men.

Start selling tickets at the same rate as the men’s game then fill yer wellies.
I’ll stick up for the women’s game here and say the standard is improving year on year and within 10-15 years could be very good. At the moment there’s a huge gulf in quality between the men’s and women’s game. Given time it will improve but equal pay is laughable at the moment.

Reactions: VGM
The xG patter.

I don't mind as much if it's actual clued up statistics, but usually it's wee fannies on social media conducting spreadsheets and a "Dossier" that nobody ever reads, other than their fellow wee fannies.

Players who vehemently claim it’s their ball at a throw in or corner when it obvious to everyone, themselves, players, crowd, ref, tv audience that it’s the oppositions ball. Blatant cheating!
Agree. Same as diving or "simulation" in new-speak. Should be bookable as it's a clear intention to deceive.

As soon as the ball goes out of play, players just fannying about and taking ages to resume the game. Us in the game at the piggery was the worst for it. By that time, they had regained their shape and any advantage we had was lost.

The diving b**tards of defenders who when getting chased or shielding the ball simply fall over and grab the ball and get the foul. No questions ever asked. Biggest guys in the game getting knocked over by wee daft strikers. I repeat - Diving B**stards.

All the theatrical nonsense as players walk on to the pitch, or come off it.
Hopping on their lucky foot, crossing themselves, kissing their tattoos, pointing to dead people in the sky, kneeling on the grass reciting mumbo-jumbo.
The wee huddles involving the whole team
when they score remind me of my daughter’s school netball team.
I try to imagine the players of the past doing any of this but I just can’t.

People going to the toilets at Ibrox for a Gladys Knight.Do they not know that people are trying to have a couple of cans or a line in there

Alex Scott, 140 caps for England! Jeez, they must have been playing an international game every fortnight of her career. Ian Rush on for the Wales game, 73 caps: Graeme Souness, 54 caps and she's on everything. Another former female player on ITV, 104 caps, not to mention the estuary English.
In the same way that UEFA have decided 1 SPL goal does not equal 1 La Liga for the Golden Boot then the same can be said for 1 Men’s International cap and 1 Women’s International cap

Sky sports having a live timer in the bottom corner for the transfer deadline.

17 days, 6 hours, 34 minutes, 15 seconds until transfer deadline.

It shows how self important and silly it’s all become, and is like something David Mitchell would do in a parody.

Woman’s football and the futile attempts by sky and bbc to make it popular.

In fact you can add female pundits to this too, most of the male ones are bloody awful, but the female ones are even worse.

When every media/ pundits follow the same narrative and have to have the same opinion ie the other day when england didnt win it was because they didnt bring on phil foden

Reactions: VGM
Not specific to football per se, but this obsession with proclaiming someone the "GOAT". Seem to remember this starting with Federer in his pomp, but it's been ramped up to mega levels with the Ronaldo / Messi debate in recent years.

I get that it's our behaviour to want to definitely say someone is 'the best' (it is sport after all), but the amount of fucktards that sit there and try to find obscure stats that show this person is better than the other because of X is insane.

There are Facebook groups with millions of followers who suck off anything done by Ronaldo or Messi, and who will go out of there way to negatively comment on anything the rival has done. It's Tim behaviour on a global scale.

Sky sports having a live timer in the bottom corner for the transfer deadline.

17 days, 6 hours, 34 minutes, 15 seconds until transfer deadline.

It shows how self important and silly it’s all become, and is like something David Mitchell would do in a parody.

Only virgins watch SSN.

Back