Interesting debate

sammy1872

Was listening to the heart and hand show Gerrard the revolution talking about March last year and all the Covid stuff . Got me thinking

see if that lot hadn’t been going for 10 in a row and didn’t have the utter desperation to get it done ( up any lurkers looking in) and get to 9 only being one step away . Would the sfa in a normal situation have tried to get the league finished Like the rest of Europe . I think they might . There wouldn’t have been the pressure to hand it to Celtic if they weren’t on their run of titles

I find it ridiculous anyone could argue there wasn’t something strange going on. The Dundee situation alone, whereby their vote is lost, found again, but they were allowed to change their vote after the event, was an obvious breach of normal rules of engagement.

For me, one of two things happened. Either the SPFL consciously wanted to help the scum by handing them a title, or they were so scared of the inevitable pressure from the scum and their fans if they didn’t do it, that they took the ‘easy way out’.

Either way, it’s a damning indictment on the governance of our game.

Was listening to the heart and hand show Gerrard the revolution talking about March last year and all the Covid stuff . Got me thinking

see if that lot hadn’t been going for 10 in a row and didn’t have the utter desperation to get it done ( up any lurkers looking in) and get to 9 only being one step away . Would the sfa in a normal situation have tried to get the league finished Like the rest of Europe . I think they might . There wouldn’t have been the pressure to hand it to Celtic if they weren’t on their run of titles
I reckon if they finished the league as England did, our run of poor form may have continued.

The break of not playing the rest of the games allowed us to regroup and refocus while they strolled into last season assuming we’d continue on the previous seasons form

You saw how many points we dropped after the Winter break just before after being on a winning run. There was always a chance Celtic could’ve gone on a bad run and come back a different team.

You can’t just take a snap shot in time and declare that a title win.

Doesn’t change the principle of it and how the whole thing stank, but the whole thing backfired on them eventually.

They probably would have won it. Probably doesn't mean guaranteed though, still 2 games against them to play too and we were capable of beating them twice if we turned up. If it was getting stopped if we were in there position I'm not going to kid on and say I wouldn't have wanted us awarded it though.

It would've been stopped and they would've been handed it.

Can categorically say if we went into lockdown in Feb / March and were offered it I'd have wanted the Club to say no thanks we will finish the league.

I reckon if they finished the league as England did, our run of poor form may have continued.

The break of not playing the rest of the games allowed us to regroup and refocus while they strolled into last season assuming we’d continue on the previous seasons form
if the league has been restarted celtic would've had duffy etc, there's no guarantee they'd have returned after a break and won it, they might have folded.

That's never been the question or debate for me. The key question imo is whether or not the league would've been called if we were, say, 1 point ahead but they had a game in hand and better goal difference a la what happened to Falkirk who were relegated as a consequence. Guaranteed the answer would have been no. The double standards are obvious.

The fact it hasn’t resulted in a collective force for change shows the stranglehold the cunts still have in Scottish football. Willing to give the new compliance officer the benefit of doubt but I’m not confident, their media will be ramping it up next season and the C.O normally bends over for them.

If the scum still want to fire the delusion of we’re a new club, simply retort back “only two teams in Scottish Football has won nine in a row once”. They don’t like their medicine!

The fact that the league down south was correctly resumed and properly finished to satisfy contractual arrangements serves to define how inept corrupt and grubby events were north of the border.
The governing bodies in Scotland are shameful in their conduct and remain a stinking swamp that urgently needs to be drained.

The Good guys won in the end.

s-l500.jpg

That could well have been the case.
We could also have reduced their lead to 4 points, the first game after the split having beat them twice and won the game in hand I think we had?

Had we finished the season starting a week or 2 before we started this season, why would we expect not to have went on the same kind of unbeaten run?

The fact it's not mentioned anywhere bar here is telling enough for me!

I’ll go against the grain a bit here & say that I think the Celtic board (Lawell) cared less about 10 in a row than their fans did, other than it’s value for marketing & sales. UEFA had an August deadline for European entrants & making sure they got the Champions League qualifying place was more important to them than ‘winning‘ the league. That worked out well for them.

If they had really cared about 10 in a row, they would have wanted to play out the fixtures so they could say it was won on the pitch.

I will go slightly against the grain too.

As lockdown approached and the way Gerrard felt after Tynecastle, add in their run of form and us losing ours a bit, we wouldn’t have won the league. We would have had a chance but there’s no way we would have seen the collapse of them that we have in the 55 season. They would/could have hobbled over the line.

When we regrouped, added the fire power and showed a much stronger mentality, we were unstoppable in the league, we blew them away.

Did the corrupt powers in Scottish football think they were a shoe in for 10, YES they did, maybe a lot more too.

In a kind of strange way, I think the pandemic has allowed us to keep Steven Gerrard and his team and put us to where we are right now.

Back