Interesting Tommy McLean stat

who kept TM out of the squad around this time?

Off the top of my head Peter Lorimer, Willie Morgan, Charlie Cooke were great right wingers of that era, not to mention Willie Henderson (when fit) and Jimmy Johnstone up here.
On the left, again off the top of my head, Eddie Gray, Wee Bud, Peter Marinello. I'm sure the FF memory men will have others.

I think we did. I’m sure there was a trivia question about which player played for his country before he played for his club?

Oh and “ Tommy, Tommy McLean,
Everyone knows his name”
Sorry , went all nostalgic.
Was that not Cooper.
I think he was in South America when he signed.

I loved Tommy McLean when I watched Rangers as a wee boy. He was a great dribbler, passer and crosser of the ball. Bobby Russell was never capped and Derek Johnstone not being included in the Argentina world cup squad is still scandalous.

I am always terrible at these threads but Nacho was willing to play but never picked.

I hereby claim my reward for the most obscure and relevant.

The year we won the Scottish cup in 73, we played the hivers at Easter Road and wee calimero scored both our goals there.

One in 90 and the winner in ET. Reason I remember it so well was our terracing was jam packed and couldnae see the game at times and I foolishly went oot the gates near the end of 90 and didnae get back in again.

A great night for the wee man and for us.
Cup replay.
Hibs battered us that night. Peter McCloy's finest hour. Over 49,000 inside Easter Road with thousands locked out.

Back