International break - I welcome it

Blue Tack

I’m hardly ever a fan of this ,for one it just fu cks up the weekend and for another I can’t stand the tranny army ,detest them ( that’s scotland fans tho you’d be forgiven for thinking it’s Celt...oh wait ) ...anyway I welcome the break this time because it gives the team a chance to catch their breath ,the management to get their heads together and look at the next tranche of games ( of which we should be looking to maximise ) and most of all gives us a look at Grezda,I assume he will play so I’m excited about that .

All in all I care not a jot about Scotland but welcome all the other stuff mentioned ,is anyone else happy just to catch breath and recharge or will you be missing your stevie g fix ( understandable and might just have a chug )

Normally I hate it once the games are over - for example if Scotland are playing on a Friday and the weekend football is limited to lower divisions. However it should be a much needed break for some of our newer players and a chance for the fringe players to get back to a decent level of fitness

I'm the same mate. We could see the squad really needed it after the amount of Europa qualifiers we had sandwiched into the start of our season and the amount of travelling.

I am very confident we will build on a decent start to the the season and we will see this team going from strength to strength. We will also be welcoming Coulibaly back from injury and Grezda will be ready aswell and I think both of them start and enhance the first 11. Not too mention Dorrans and Rossiter who both featured in the training video today and if we can get them fit it defo enhances our over all squad.

So all in all its looking pretty positive in my book. I'm just a positive kinda guy anyhow, sometimes :p

Same - I detest International football. I will watch a few games mainly to see Rangers players and to see how Denmark get on. Roxburgh and Brown killed Scottish football quickly followed by the teuchter takeover where doh a deer became an anthem, Rangers need the break and I welcome it,

We definitely deserve a short break after the busy start to the season we've had.

Time to recharge, get over knocks etc...it is most welcome.

Echo what everyone else has said except I am board shitless. Can't even get a decent coupon on

Yeah for sure. A good opportunity regroup, work on a few things and prepare for the next round of matches - which from my point of view should less aggressive given that the Euro games are every two weeks. That’ll make a huge difference.

I welcome it this time as well, then the ideal scenario for me would be to go on a winning run to include beating the Rattlers on the 29th Dec to take us top of the league with the team doing a lap of honour to celebrate going top!

I'm looking forward to watching Scotland. Old enough to remember when we had many of our great players in the team. I'll support Scotland all my days.

Exactly what most are saying, re group re-charge the batteries then hopefully clock up up a good few wins on the trot

Perfect time, for a change.

Get some big players back in and allow Gerrard some time on the training ground.

I'm looking forward to watching Scotland. Old enough to remember when we had many of our great players in the team. I'll support Scotland all my days.
I used to be the same mate, but I would honestly close the curtains if they were playing in my back garden.
The SFA is ran by amateurs and tims.

agree, this is the first I can EVER remember thinking, excellent, it's an international break!

When in 2012 that mob inside Hampden, declared war on my club, that is when I made up my mind never again to step inside any other ground bar Ibrox, that place they will tell you is were football is run in this country, wrong it is run from Parkhead and every other Tim club in the land. Now to get back on track this break has come not a moment to soon, get every one fit and go again after the two weeks, it will be good to see the big French lad back in the middle, and in control of the game, so we move on, we need to pick up maximum points from next five games to stick close to the top teams.

Deffo good timing. The Europa qualifying was such a high pressure situation from day 1, with away trips to the sheep and the bheasts thrown in. A wee break and a breather will do the squad a power of good mentally and physically.

We definitely deserve a short break after the busy start to the season we've had.

Time to recharge, get over knocks etc...it is most welcome.
rib7cw.jpg

Usually hate it. This time it is needed.
Yeah it will be a slow and shit fortnight but the end results will make it hopefully worthwhile. Our lads need a couple of weeks with some rest and time on the training ground to continue working on things.

Yea, for once this break has come at a good times for us. I fully expect us to be recharged and ready to go on a run of wins in the league, even the league fixtures are at last kind to us.

Not just recharged but gelled a bit. This will be the first time Gerrard has actually had to get all his players properly drilled.

Tell that to our haters next time they tell us they’ve ‘seen enough’ to know he’s a failure.

international break ,first hope none of our players get hurt ,second laugh at the kilted Klowns who follow Scotland .

Just as long as we don't get any injuries, it'll be a very useful break, and getting Dundee at home for the first match back is a great chance to bump up the goal difference and kick start the campaign with a good win

We definately need the break, it's been a frantic start to the season.

Hopefully the Internationals will be a bit more interesting this week with the Nations League starting as opposed to friendlies.

Would prefer players aren’t away, as much as it’s good to have players away (as it means we have better quality) but grezda, morelos, barisic, jack and mcgregor are key players for us and it’s be nice to have the coaching team work with them and no risk of game injury.

Mental to Jim we have a Croat left back given how well they’ve done.

Edit - think not jim

Not used to watching a game every Thursday & Sunday, it’s been a while and the missus was going tonto, break came at a good time to make sure I can be sociable for a couple of weeks as painful as it can be :oops:

I’m hardly ever a fan of this ,for one it just fu cks up the weekend and for another I can’t stand the tranny army ,detest them ( that’s scotland fans tho you’d be forgiven for thinking it’s Celt...oh wait ) ...anyway I welcome the break this time because it gives the team a chance to catch their breath ,the management to get their heads together and look at the next tranche of games ( of which we should be looking to maximise ) and most of all gives us a look at Grezda,I assume he will play so I’m excited about that .

All in all I care not a jot about Scotland but welcome all the other stuff mentioned ,is anyone else happy just to catch breath and recharge or will you be missing your stevie g fix ( understandable and might just have a chug )
I am 100% on board with regrouping and getting back to the training pitch as we were doing at the start of the season. The last 2/3 weeks have seen us gain success to a point but regress on the pitch.
As much as big Kyle is working his baws off, I think it looks too easy to try and punt it to him rather than play football. Hopefully we see an improvement after this break.

Should have a couple of players featuring but overall the International break for most will be good. Not often that we can say that.

I hate it this time included but recognise that the team comes first, time to charge the batteries in time for Thursday/ Sunday weeks ahead.

Not for me. I want momentum.

Happened last season too when we were on a run. The shitey stuff f.ucked us up.

I still fucking hate the international break. But there’s no question this has come at a good time for us, the squad get to train together a bit more and more importantly some players get a well earned rest.

Never a fan of the international break but this time I think it's welcome. Give the players a rest, get over the wee knocks and the management spending some time with the players on the training pitch.

Yes we definitely need it. Gerrard said that due to the hectic schedule they hadn't had a lot of training time. Now they can get together,recover and work on tactics etc for the upcoming games.

We absolutely needed the break. A chance to work on tactics, give players a rest and get injured players closer to fitness.

That said, I’m bored with international football. I’d scrap it, altogether.

Back