Interview: Patterson - Bassey - Zungu

Yup, three of them all apologetic. Only a couple of minutes long. Mebude and Kinnear spared the ordeal I guess.

And this from Gerrard and Wilson on official website. No definition of 'strong disciplinary sanctions' but I think we can all guess we won't be seeing them for a long time.

Firstly, we recognise that it is a huge honour to represent our club and the Rangers fanbase across the world.

Over the course of the last week, we have both ensured that all our players understand our expectations when you are part of this great club.

The players involved have been left in no uncertain terms as to the standards that everyone here is expected to adhere to. It has been an extremely difficult week for those players following their admission of an error of judgement whilst dealing with the consequences of their actions.

Our internal discussions were supported by the immediate honesty shown by the players and an appreciation they fell well below the standards we expect at Rangers Football Club, day in and day out. Those standards form the foundation that we have set as a club in order to achieve our targets as a team.

The first-team squad players have now returned to Auchenhowie. We are both now satisfied that the players completely understand their obligations to our club and accept with sincerity the strong disciplinary sanctions that we have imposed upon them for letting us all down.

We accept their apologies to the club, their team mates and the fans, for whom we are forever grateful for their resolute support and loyalty.

Steven Gerrard - First Team Manager

Ross Wilson - Sporting Director

Yup, three of them all apologetic. Only a couple of minutes long. Mebude and Kinnear spared the ordeal I guess.

And this from Gerrard and Wilson on official website. No definition of 'strong disciplinary sanctions' but I think we can all guess we won't be seeing them for a long time.

Firstly, we recognise that it is a huge honour to represent our club and the Rangers fanbase across the world.

Over the course of the last week, we have both ensured that all our players understand our expectations when you are part of this great club.

The players involved have been left in no uncertain terms as to the standards that everyone here is expected to adhere to. It has been an extremely difficult week for those players following their admission of an error of judgement whilst dealing with the consequences of their actions.

Our internal discussions were supported by the immediate honesty shown by the players and an appreciation they fell well below the standards we expect at Rangers Football Club, day in and day out. Those standards form the foundation that we have set as a club in order to achieve our targets as a team.

The first-team squad players have now returned to Auchenhowie. We are both now satisfied that the players completely understand their obligations to our club and accept with sincerity the strong disciplinary sanctions that we have imposed upon them for letting us all down.

We accept their apologies to the club, their team mates and the fans, for whom we are forever grateful for their resolute support and loyalty.

Certainly sounds like it's been an uncomfortable week for all involved.

A little uncomfortable with that. I'm not sure it was necessary.

Bassey & Patterson do seem genuinely upset by it.

As angry as I was, it's done now.
I agree it is done, but they owe us an apology and most important they need to take responsibility for their actions. I’m sure the video is part of that process. Personally I’d like to now move on from it, but there are some less forgiving given what’s at stake.

This will upset some but looks like they ain’t getting punted. Glad to see it tbh.

Puts a bit of perspective on it, I think everyone deserves a 2nd chance. No doubt a very long SFA ban ensues though.

I agree it is done, but they owe us an apology and most important they need to take responsibility for their actions. I’m sure the video is part of that process. Personally I’d like to now move on from it, but there are some less forgiving given what’s at stake.
Saying sorry doesn't change that though. We all know they're young. We all know theyll be sorry. We all know theyve damaged their chances at the club. We all know theyll hate bringing negative attention to the club and potentially sticking their teammates in the shit.

Sticking them in front of a camera like hostages doesnt help anyone. Id prefer if we told them just to keep their head down and work away.

It was a very stupid thing to do but I don’t think the careers of the likes of Patterson, Bassey and Edmondson should be over due to one mistake. We accept the apology and move on IMHO

It is a bit different for Jones and Zungu who I feel have just blown their last opportunity with us now.

Just watched it, two daft laddies who've no doubt had a bollcking from their families as well as the club and one who will more than likely be out the door in a few months anyway.

We move on.

Lets hope they mean it. Lets give them the chance to prove it.

ps .... I just signed out and tried to play it again, you need a subscription.

Subscription only. Might appear on Twitter/YouTube later I guess. Might not. Less than 2 minutes and nothing you wouldn't expect them to have been told to say.

Reckon it will be up on YouTube later. Their apology will be to all supporters not just those with RTV.

As a society we have lost the ability to forgive and allow for redemption. We now demand that the guilty party loses everything including his/her right and ability to work. It makes us feel good to be part of the righteous mob seeking the latest target of our ire but then one day we too step out of line and the righteous mob turns on us. If someone wrongs us but then is truly sorry, it is the gracious thing for us as individuals to forgive. I hope these guys have an opportunity to continue their careers with Rangers and I hope we as a support can forgive.

Tough watch and fair play to them for fronting it up. Gerrard and Wilson joint statement is excellent as well I must say, love how the two of them are on the same page and clearly get what the clubs about

I hate the implications of what might have happened had this got further.
That's because I am a long time supporter of the club whose emotional involvement in the consequences of their actions is so intense.
At the same time, I hate myself for being so angry at young people doing something which in any other period of my particular lifetime would be perfectly natural.
I am aware that as a young man I was less than perfect, to say the least.

Covid has been a bstrd in so many ways.

This will upset some but looks like they ain’t getting punted. Glad to see it tbh.
I probably get accused of being in the 'hang 'em high brigade' but there is a half-way house between those who say 'get rid' and those advocating they be on the bench for tomorrow.

My own view is that Kinnear and Mebude will not see their contracts renewed in the Summer and will leave.

Zungu won't be signed permanently and will return to France.

Patterson and Bassey are promising 'prospects' at this stage. Nothing more. They need to be playing football. Unfortunately for them I don't think it will be in a Rangers shirt for the remainder of this season. I think they will then be sent out on loan for the first half of next season. Up to them, at that stage, to show enough to get brought back into the fold in time for next season title celebrations.

An uncomfortable watch, I've not waded in with the comments when it happened.

Please lads, head down and shut the %^*& up from now on.

Something like that shouldn't be behind the subscription barrier

Club did need to be better and choosing what did and what doesn't fall under that
Agree, although having watched it really not missing on much.

Players uncomfortably going through a scripted apology - a bit of an awkward watch.

As angry as I was, time to move on and let them have the chance to redeem themselves. I trust the Gaffers judgement.

Back