Investment In The Club

If you got investors like Manchester City have that would be okay but it’s extremely hard to get that. Given our recent past and SDM I think we’re better as we are.

Yeah because they're Angels
If you’ve been to see what they’ve invested in the club and the area and you think it’s been bad that’s entirely your right to hold that opinion. I’d be happy to have owners turn the absolute dump that is the entire area around Ibrox into something worth seeing, visiting and spending time in.

Its very easy to say no to Saudi investment when its not on offer, if it was most of our support including me if im being honest would be all over it.

Good thing we have a group of Rangers fans as investers and new ones on the way soon i would think.

I only want Rangers fans to invest into our club. Anyone else does not share the same motives as a fan. IE they want a “return” on their investment.

We’be been very lucky with King, Park and others, none of whom want a return on their investment except to see our club rise and be successful.

We also don’t want to be in another scenario like when under Murray with his 92% where he called the shots and only cared about Murray first.

Aramco's sponsorship of F1 triggers the %^*& out of me. Not having those bastards involved with us.

Its very easy to say no to Saudi investment when its not on offer, if it was most of our support including me if im being honest would be all over it.

Good thing we have a group of Rangers fans as investers and new ones on the way soon i would think.
I would despise being owned by faceless money men. Any bear with an ounce of sense would be the same. Surely???

If you’ve been to see what they’ve invested in the club and the area and you think it’s been bad that’s entirely your right to hold that opinion. I’d be happy to have owners turn the absolute dump that is the entire area around Ibrox into something worth seeing, visiting and spending time in.

is the argument not more about the people investing rather then what the money has actually been used to do?

According to human rights organizations, the government of the UAE violates a number of fundamental human rights. The UAE does not have democratically elected institutions and citizens do not have the right to change their government or to form political parties. There are reports of forced disappearances in the UAE, many foreign nationals and Emirati citizens have been abducted by the UAE government and illegally detained and tortured in undisclosed locations.[1][2] In numerous instances, the UAE government has tortured people in custody (especially expats and political dissidents).[3][4][5][6][7] and has denied their citizens the right to a speedy trial and access to counsel during official investigations.[1][2]

Flogging and stoning are legal forms of judicial punishment in the UAE due to Sharia courts.[8] The government restricts freedom of speech and freedom of the press, and the local media are censored to avoid criticizing the government, government officials or royal families. Freedom of association and freedom of religion are also curtailed.

Lovely people.

giphy.gif

I only want Rangers fans to invest into our club. Anyone else does not share the same motives as a fan. IE they want a “return” on their investment.

We’be been very lucky with King, Park and others, none of whom want a return on their investment except to see our club rise and be successful.

We also don’t want to be in another scenario like when under Murray with his 92% where he called the shots and only cared about Murray first.

The bank called the shots with Murray, never again.

No more sugar daddies.

Our club must never be put in danger again, simply to stroke the likes of a Murray-type's ego.

Self-sustaining with significant fan investment/involvement is the best way to go IMO

No.

The campaign for fan ownership continues.

The Club should belong to those who care about it most.
I would hate for us to go down that road and the Club is in good hands as it is. No more spivs for me. The game is ruined down there because of it and it's bordering on obscene.

I go to City quite often. Regardless of what they've done they are not innocent mate.

Look at where the money went.

50% should be owned by fans groups ie Club 1872 with sufficient membership incentives and the other 50% should be made available to wealthy investors that's my ideal scenario anyway

If we had the chance of Saudi investment would we accept it irrespective of their human rights issues? For me our Club’s values should always outweigh money from investors who have questionable backgrounds
Take your pick first or second regardless we’re you are in the world means nothing we all treat each other different just because we like our way doesn’t mean someone in a different country likes it like I say first or second think about it

The only investors id like to see come in is maybe some far east like what we have with Julian Woldhardt or a group that is in America like along the lines of FSG with Liverpool where they have ties in with the red sox. I know that OC was the first link up that bisgrove took upon but in the interview he did say that they looked into ties with an MLS team or NFL. Both of these would tie in nicely with NARSA and ORSA

Pre 2012 yes. Post 2012 probably not. Robertson is dangerous just like Murray and Bain before him but going into major debt/admin by gambling on foreign owner probably not worth it. We'd more likely get Hicks and Gillet mark 2 than the current Liverpool owners or owners who've ruined Wigan than the ones who've made Brentford.

According to human rights organizations, the government of the UAE violates a number of fundamental human rights. The UAE does not have democratically elected institutions and citizens do not have the right to change their government or to form political parties. There are reports of forced disappearances in the UAE, many foreign nationals and Emirati citizens have been abducted by the UAE government and illegally detained and tortured in undisclosed locations.[1][2] In numerous instances, the UAE government has tortured people in custody (especially expats and political dissidents).[3][4][5][6][7] and has denied their citizens the right to a speedy trial and access to counsel during official investigations.[1][2]

Flogging and stoning are legal forms of judicial punishment in the UAE due to Sharia courts.[8] The government restricts freedom of speech and freedom of the press, and the local media are censored to avoid criticizing the government, government officials or royal families. Freedom of association and freedom of religion are also curtailed.

Lovely people.

Wikipedia?

Now, tell me more about freedom of speech, freedom of the press and freedom of association in nippys Scotland.

I think your the only one that has the most sensbile answer think hard before the reply to what the person is saying it’s not everyone with the cash that have got know morals there is a very lot of good people out there that would be good for our club please don’t nock them till you see them and then have your opinion on them

is the argument not more about the people investing rather then what the money has actually been used to do?
The City owners clearly aren’t Whyte or Green. So I assume you mean politics? That’s a tough one.

So, Man City’s Arabs are good Arabs but the Newcastle Arabs are bad Arabs?
The issue with them is they pirate TV coverage of the EPL from Bein Sports. If you look on YouTube Keys & Gray did a daily podcast and spoke about this a lot so it was inevitable that the deal would be blocked. It’s not about good and bad it was about theft of broadcasting rights.

No for loads of reasons.

We showed everyone what happens if reliant on one person. Clubs like City now are soulless and everything that's wrong with football. If Saudi gets sanctioned or Sheik gets bored then the club could collapse.

In Scotland as well its pointless after a stage. We already have vastly superior resources to everyone else bar 1 other club, there's still a cap on the level of player we could get and never breaking into the European elite whilst playing in this backwater.

Back