Invincible during 55 - Gold Trophy?

PerthRanger

Might sound really random in the context of now, but saw a thing on twitter about John Terry talking about the Arsenal invincible side from 2004. It got me thinking, I’m sure Arsenal got a gold EPL trophy to commemorate the achievement.

Was that only an EPL one off thing or is it commonplace in other leagues?

I know before anyone says, we’re in Scotland, they did it first etc. it’s literally just a left field thought I’ve had after reading stuff online.

Might sound really random in the context of now, but saw a thing on twitter about John Terry talking about the Arsenal invincible side from 2004. It got me thinking, I’m sure Arsenal got a gold EPL trophy to commemorate the achievement.

I know before anyone says, we’re in Scotland, they did it first etc. it’s literally just a left field thought I’ve had after reading stuff online.

We did it first. 1899. :cool:

(Id imagine plenty have teams have done it around the world)

Could they not find anyone with an Arsenal connection to talk about it?

I just Googled "Arsenal gold trophy".

the-fa-premier-league-chief-executive-richard-scudamore-presents-arsenal-GBPM2T.jpg

Odd that they'd make it so small.

"I don't think it's a record that's ever going to be beaten" talking about the goals conceded, did we not break it in 20/21 season?
I think he's just talking about EPL, or maybe even major leagues.

I imagine other teams around the world have beaten it, where one or two decent teams are playing against absolute rubbish every week.

Back