is Diomande the answer

It wasn’t a penalty. The Dhim hooked his foot around Dio’s leg IMHO.

Either way, I think Diomande shows some promise but wasn’t particularly good today. I think his positional awareness and tactical discipline needs a fair bit of work if he’s to be the success we want him to be.

Difficult to tell when he spends a lot of games watching the ball flying over his head.

He started brightly and hopefully we have better players around him next season alongside an actual tactical style that might utilise the midfield at some point.

He has done ok. No more than that.

Certainly not writing him off yet though.

Still think he is better suited as an 8 and we don't play with 8's.

Think there's some raw ingredients to work with. Seems a decently energetic athlete and has some ability on the ball. Just needs to speed up his decision making when releasing the ball. Having better players around him would help as well.

We need more depth not just in midfield that makes the development of young players like Diomande more likely; his potential to be a good player is evident.

It's a big ask to expect this young lad to come into a struggling team and have the character to change things. Get some more in like him and then we might well see that we have a player on our hands

Some amount of zoomers on here, doesn’t matter who you have playing beside you if you can’t control a ball pass to your team mates or win a tackle.

It wasn’t a penalty. The Dhim hooked his foot around Dio’s leg IMHO.

Either way, I think Diomande shows some promise but wasn’t particularly good today. I think his positional awareness and tactical discipline needs a fair bit of work if he’s to be the success we want him to be.
This. He had a bad day today but he was a one-man centre of midfield until Raskin came on and had shown promise in a very poorly performing side. Too early to write him off.

This is all very “modern” but he should be playing 8 not 6 like he often is.

Really not convinced. seems to make too many mistakes. Penalty was a bit dubious, but I didn't see a player on the same level as the Celtics midfield 3
NO I don't see it. I see a luxury type player who jogs about the park with zero urgency. He's had a couple of good games SO HAS LUNDSTRUM.

I don't think I'm alone in thinking the boy's early impression was warmly received on here.
That's what a couple of good goals does for you.

He has done ok. No more.

We will know far more next season when he hopefully has a new midfield partner(s).

Raskin not good enough to be at the club.

Diomande currently no better than squad player standard….wouldn’t want to start the first old firm next season with him as first choice. But unlike Raskin there’s enough potential there for him to develop longer term. Not convinced it’s the best use of £4.5m.

Thought he was a bit off the pace at the start and was caught on his heels a couple of times, but as others have said there’s not much for him to work with around him.

The amount of times he has his arms outstretched asking for the pass only to see it sailing over his head must be driving him crazy.

His ability to turn under pressure and break the press is something we don’t have in the team and if there was someone like Alfie in front of him to hold the ball up I’m sure he would be much more effective.

Back