is Diomande the answer

They play pretty much a flat three across the middle against our two allowing the spare man to make late runs into our box. We had to match that today with a midfield three of lunny, dio and Sterling. We didn’t do that leaving lunny and dio chasing shadows in the middle and Sterling isolated out wide . We absolutely had to start with the three as I said leaving two 10s with silva and Lawrence similar to what brought us success against that lot under Gerrard. It’s the only way to play against them as that’s their best suited formation with the players they have.

That’s 3 times we’ve made the same mistake under PC and he’ll not get many more unless he learns how to match them.

Wrong team selection, wrong formation and wrong tactics. Again!

We know lundstram needs to go and that was awful but we all knew him and Diomande were lambs to the slaughter today! 2 against 3 only works if your levels and levels above the opposition, it barely even works against the dross in our league

You going to roll out your defence of Lundstrum again today? All those diabolical half arsed performances of his you had been defending were just the prelude to today's utter shitshow.

This is a thread about Diomande why you trying to shoehorn other players into it?

You really are a strange poster, what was your previous username you got banned under ?

Regardless of who you have playing beside you doesn’t mean you miscontrol the ball get constantly get caught wrong side of your man and can’t find your own man with a pass.

His passing stats are shocking,

He also has a terrible habit of feigning to come short our players play it to him and he turns his back, done it again today with Davies I think it was and we nearly conceded.

He’s still learning, looks a bit lightweight but I’m sure he will definitely come on, get some quality around him for next Year, What a clear out at Ibrox is needed, I’m sure PC knows what’s required? We need this Scottish Cup now,

He needs good players alongside him. He was trying to do lundstram’s job for him, as well as his own today which meant the game last him by.

He is hardly in the door for goodness sake and a young guy moving to a new country.
Give him time and let him settle .

I’m not saying I don’t want him. Just not worth the money mentioned and I don’t think he’s the player in that position we need.

Davis, Ferguson et al…a player who can control games. He’s not shown that yet

Really not convinced. seems to make too many mistakes. Penalty was a bit dubious, but I didn't see a player on the same level as the Celtics midfield 3
Never a pen, in a million years can’t believe they gave it. Anyway he’s showed some good touches but is very naive at times.

He needs better in beside him thats for sure, but i dont think the way we are playing is gonna get the best out of him..... way too many long balls today..... i dont know what clement is gonna do for the cup final, but what i do know is, we cant start with that same formation/ players again in midfield as thats 2 games in a row their midfield has just walked through ours - somethings gotta change ...

Don't think he had much hope today with Lundstram at his side in midfield and Lawrence just in front of him.

Think he is a player being brought down by the quality of the players around him and poor long ball tactics

If the question is name a player who’s overrated after a couple decent performances vs dross and not worth spending 4.5 million on then yes Diomande is the answer
Needs to be playing with someone on the same wavelength length as him. Needs a partner. When he gets the ball and plays it to lundstram looking for a bit of forward movement or a one two lundstram stops, turns around and passes it to a defender. Dio needs work, allot of the players we will sign will, he can't afford finished articles who happen to have sell on value aswell.. the manager needs time, Dio needs time, Cortez will need time as will everyone else we sign. That's just the way it is.

Should be the midfield the last three games.

Who is the control the tempo, thread the forward pass mid amongst those three? Running and pressing are essential but so is a football brain. Not to derail the thread totally but Raskin has no positional sense and that is why PC has him as a last resort pick even with others clearly plodding.

Who is the control the tempo, thread the forward pass mid amongst those three? Running and pressing are essential but so is a football brain. Not to derail the thread totally but Raskin has no positional sense and that is why PC has him as a last resort pick even with others clearly plodding.
Unfortunately I don't think we have anyone that meets that description, and haven't had for far too long.

Unfortunately I don't think we have anyone that meets that description, and haven't had for far too long.

As has been posted elsewhere tonight even a senior second spell Steven Davis would dramatically improve our midfield. For the life of me I don’t know where we find that player on our budget.

This is a thread about Diomande why you trying to shoehorn other players into it?

You really are a strange poster, what was your previous username you got banned under ?

Regardless of who you have playing beside you doesn’t mean you miscontrol the ball get constantly get caught wrong side of your man and can’t find your own man with a pass.

His passing stats are shocking,

He also has a terrible habit of feigning to come short our players play it to him and he turns his back, done it again today with Davies I think it was and we nearly conceded.

Don't you think the absolute shitshow of a performance from his midfield partner is pertinent?

Your continued defence of Lundstrum and telling those calling him out they were clueless about football deserves to be brought up.

As for the other part of your post, that's just pathetic really.

He's clearly got a bit of talent and if we'd picked him up for a million quid or whatever we'd be all touting him as a great prospect.

The fact we are howling in the middle of the pitch and we're spending almost £5m on potential is probably why the question is being asked.

The answer to fkn what.
A young player from nowhere, totally out of his depth today. McGregor has never had it so easy.
His performance in the first half was embarrassing.

He’s doing ok, first half season in British football, had an injury before he came here. He’s been fine so far and I think he will improve next season.

If we’re spending £4.5m on a player they have to make a big impact for us. Doubly so right now with the state the squad and finances are in. At that price Diomande needs to be a key part of the new spine of the team.

But that’s down to the management. Diomande doesn’t pick his own price tag or decide how we’re going to play (i.e. firing balls over his head)

He can go missing at times - I think he struggles with the pressure - suspect he’s a confidence player who really needs to play off or alongside a midfield that is functioning - unfortunately we struggle with that

Has really struggled with the pace of Old Firm games and the Benfica game also totally passed him by. I’d say he’s shown glimpses here and there but I can get why people are looking at the price tag and wondering if he’s worth that.

He’s shown flashes of vision and technique. We’ll make a tidy profit in him.

Play him in a midfield 3 with two other competent CM’s and he’ll be a superstar.

Back