is Diomande the answer

Really not convinced. seems to make too many mistakes. Penalty was a bit dubious, but I didn't see a player on the same level as the Celtics midfield 3
The answer to what? He’s a good young player who can, potentially be a member of a good team. Too many on here expect every new signing to be the next messiah rather than an effective member of a team being built.

I am far from convinced with any of these players.

I liked Dio when he came in, but looks like he's regressing with the rest of the players.

I have serious concerns about our style of play, our press, our defensive shape and I just can't see past the manager's message is not being understood, followed or implemented.

We need to buy him as far as I understand, so it better work out, or we've just pissed another £5m against the wall.

Not at that price, he's a decent player who has shown flashes of what he is capable of.

We shouldn't be paying that money for him though, nowhere near it.

It’s hard to judge him right now - he’s surrounded by dross and stands watching the ball sail over his head for large chunks of the game.

He does look to receive the ball in good areas and looks to pass the ball into forward positions though, but there isn’t anybody with the ability to look up to make the pass to him, or the vision (or balls) to make runs for him into space.

I would also say he looks like a player who would benefit most from playing left of a three man midfield, but that seems unlikely to happen under Clement:))

What are we asking him to be the answer to? If its to resolve the midfield issues then that's more than a one player answer needed.

You could put prime Xavi in there and he would struggle to make an impact as long as the full backs continue to play long aimless balls up the wing and his central midfield partner fucks off 30 yards backwards to pick up a 2 yard pass before playing it to the full backs for a long ball up top.

Only way we get to know how good Diomande is, is if he is actually used during a game for 90 mins.

Isn’t it the case that we are obligated to buy the player?

So the answer to the OP has to be, he will need to be the answer given the investment in him.

Possibly late to the posts, from team to management, we require Scots that are Rangers diehards. Where we find them that’s up to our Scouts. Clubs throughout the U.K. have this fixation that foreign players are better than our own, whereas in our climate they normally are second rate. Our coaching system must change to make the most of young Scots, and be not afraid to let even sixteen, seventeen year olds have a chance. Maybe even an induction course, with Founders Trail,
N E H Museum involved, for at present we only have Journey Men, not interested in our History!

What are we asking him to be the answer to? If its to resolve the midfield issues then that's more than a one player answer needed.

You could put prime Xavi in there and he would struggle to make an impact as long as the full backs continue to play long aimless balls up the wing and his central midfield partner fucks off 30 yards backwards to pick up a 2 yard pass before playing it to the full backs for a long ball up top.

Only way we get to know how good Diomande is, is if he is actually used during a game for 90 mins.

That was clearly Saturdays tactic, get the ball wide to Borna to send it up the line. To be fair Silva was making a better fist of it down our left against Johnston than anything down the right.

That doesn’t cause Diomande to be continually wrong side of a man though. To make only 11 passes over 90 mins when Lawrence made 10 over 60 and Raskin 10 over 30 not saying he was hiding but clearly demonstrates he wasn’t showing

He is not helped being put in a midfield with Lundstram and Lawrence who both have no legs, if he had better players round about him i think he would be doing a lot better, he was basically a one man midfield on Saturday.

There is plenty of others i would be questioning before Diomande

Back