Is it an urban myth that Grimsby Town are based in Cleethorpes and Cleethorpes FC are based in Grimsby?

I think Hibs are similar with only a small part of their stadium actually being in Edinburgh itself the remainder being in Leith. Edinburgh and Leith used to be separate towns.

I think Hibs are similar with only a small part of their stadium actually being in Edinburgh itself the remainder being in Leith. Edinburgh and Leith used to be separate towns.
And their stadium is not on Easter Road, being around 100 metres away(?) - the actual street is Albion Street (I think)

Used to work there quite a bit and go to the Albion Cafe next to the football programme shop

EDIT - Info above is correct, apart from its Albion Road/Place

City fans will tell you Old Trafford is not in the city of Manchester.
Remember the "Welcome to Manchester" billboards when Tevez signed for City?

City fans will tell you Old Trafford is not in the city of Manchester.
Remember the "Welcome to Manchester" billboards when Tevez signed for City?

But it’s not in Salford either. It’s on the other side of the River Irwell in the Borough of Trafford.

tbf that can go for us as well as Govan used to be a town in its own right before being gobbled up by Glasgow

When or if, Aberdeen move out to their new new stadium, think Cove Rangers will be the only club in Aberdeen

Ibrox was part of Govan. Rangers were a Glasgow team when founded, flirted briefly with Partick, then became a Govan club. They finally became a Glasgow club again in 1912 when Govan joined Glasgow.
Kinning Park was a separate burgh too. Don't know if it was when we played there or if it merged with Glasgow or Govan. The 3 burghs met at Paisley Road Toll.

A couple of these kinds of things fascinate me. Can anybody clear these up, please?

Is Old Trafford and Man United in Salford, not Manchester?

Is Ibrox in Govan or is Govan in Ibrox or are they, strictly speaking, separate places, and is Ibrox Stadium merely named after the area of Ibrox but is actually situated in Govan?

Do both Bristol clubs still play in Bristol?

Notts County’s ground is in the city and Nottingham Forest’s City Ground is over the river In the county.

Chelsea play in Fulham too.

Quite different but the set up in Cyprus is mental because of the trouble there, teams playing all over the place. Same as Ukraine, with Shakhtar building a fantastic ground then war breaking out and not being able to use it.

Is Ibrox in Govan or is Govan in Ibrox or are they, strictly speaking, separate places, and is Ibrox Stadium merely named after the area of Ibrox but is actually situated in Govan?

Happy to be corrected on this but I think Govan is roughly anything North of the old railway line.

Ibrox and Cessnock are South of the line.

Ibrox Underground is north of the line but it wasn’t always called Ibrox , it was Copland Rd.

Quite different but the set up in Cyprus is mental because of the trouble there, teams playing all over the place. Same as Ukraine, with Shakhtar building a fantastic ground then war breaking out and not being able to use it.
Yeah I remember that from when we played Anorthosis. Although a Famagusta club they have played in Lanarca since the 70s as Famagusta is now in the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus after the invasion.

Yeah I remember that from when we played Anorthosis. Although a Famagusta club they have played in Lanarca since the 70s as Famagusta is now in the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus after the invasion.

I know an APOEL fan and there is about 4 teams sharing the one stadium in the city. Famagusta is a ghost city which is pretty weird.

A couple of these kinds of things fascinate me. Can anybody clear these up, please?

Is Old Trafford and Man United in Salford, not Manchester?

Do both Bristol clubs still play in Bristol?
Bristol; Yes but in different counties

What way does the sign face?
This could give you your answer!

If you're driving towards the stadium you drive past the Gmouth sign facing you (away from the stadium)

Sign on the left, stadium on the right

jP5VYh7.png

Famagusta playing in Nicosia?

I know we played them in the 90s but I was too young to remember. But im sure when we played them relatively recently (maybe 2008 or so) when ketsbaia was their manager, their home leg got played in apoel Nicosia's ground?

Famagusta playing in Nicosia?

Wiki is saying Larnaca but I was certain they played in Nicosia.

Sharing grounds is very common in Cyprus but in Makario Stadium you have Doxa Katokopias, Olympiakos, Ethnikos Assia and Digenis. Christ knows how they all get to play their games.

Ibrox was part of Govan Burgh before Govan became part of Glasgow in 1912. After this date Ibrox and Govan became separate districts of Glasgow.

Back