Is Ryan Jack jeopardising his Rangers career to play for Scotland?

Laudrup is God

I don’t think it’s any surprise he has broken down after only one game vs Aberdeen after Scotland duty and imo I think it could cost him his jersey because of the players and options now available at the club.

Gerrard has mentioned a few times we manage him re a persistent knee problem and this Scotland set up has shown in the past they don’t.

I think soon it will come down to club vs country to prolong his career like Arfield has and he is reaping the benefits.

NaturalFarflungJabiru-size_restricted.gif

I don’t think it’s any surprise he has broken down after only one game vs Aberdeen after Scotland duty and imo I think it could cost him his jersey because of the players and options now available at the club.

Gerrard has mentioned a few times we manage him re a persistent knee problem and this Scotland set up has shown in the past they don’t.

I think soon it will come down to club vs country to prolong his career like Arfield has and he is reaping the benefits.
What do you mean like Arfield has, Arfield is the Canada captain?.

He'll know himself whether it has or hasn't, if you want to be a regular for Rangers and can do both well that's fine and if you can't then Rangers comes first.

He was part of a Scotland squad that qualified for a major tournament for the first time in 22yrs. That experience can only improve him and his value.

Injuries are a part of sport, im pretty sure Gerrard, who played numerous times for England, would be pretty understanding of a guy that wants to represent his country.

If he wants to play, he wants to play.

Entirely up to him.
100% it’s easy to say we don’t want Rangers players to represent Scotland, it’s a massive thing for a player to represent their country. I’d never want any of our players to give that up if it’s what they want.

And no it doesn’t affect him as a starter, he’ll likely slot back in again once fully recovered

Ffs mate:))

Yes he is, when Gerrard says he has to be managed he simply means he has to leave him out of games to let him rest, if he is playing for the nats that means he has to rest for our games, and if you let someone like Davis, kamara, Aribo or Arfield in you risk not getting back in.
I take it most of the early replies are nat lovers,fuk them haters.

Yes and no imo it won't jeopardise his rangers carear in terms of the club getting rid of him or a club v country row especially as long as gerrard is here. Though it is a problem in terms of picking up injuries and could jeopardise his placec in the starting eleven if someone like Zungu kicks on or we bring another midfielder in the summer as we could be worried how many games we might get out of him in a season or if injuries take a toll on his body. But I dont grudge him playing international football at all he's showing everyone what a good player he is and how vital he is for his national team he just needs to manage his body accordingly

It's a decision the player may have to make sooner than later.

If it's correct that he needs carefully managed due an ongoing problem then taking on additional games with the national team isn't going to help.

It would be a shame as I want Rangers players playing for their national team. Under SG, we're going to improve each season. If RJ has consistent niggles, he may drop out of the reckoning.

Tough one for the player.

Jack has missed two massive European games and imo if he was fit we see out the game vs Benfica so playing those extra games for Scotland has cost us and we should come first not the international side.

Not negative thread he’s an important player is debate not allowed in here anymore?

Come on mate you’re putting it out there that one of our key players may be potentially about to fück his Rangers career up by playing for the national side. I’d say that’s fairly negative and a bit of a reach. Of course debate is allowed it’s just these sorts of things always seem to crop up after a cracking result when you’d think most would want to revel in the teams latest success story.

It's a decision the player may have to make sooner than later.

If it's correct that he needs carefully managed due an ongoing problem then taking on additional games with the national team isn't going to help.

It would be a shame as I want Rangers players playing for their national team. Under SG, we're going to improve each season. If RJ has consistent niggles, he may drop out of the reckoning.

Tough one for the player.

It’s my thoughts we have missed him and that’s what prompted the thread not negativity like some are making out.

I would imagine both Gerrard and McAllister who both had decent international careers would be encouraging our players to play on the international stage as it enhances them as players and also as an asset.

Come on mate you’re putting it out there that one of our key players may be potentially about to fück his Rangers career up by playing for the national side. I’d say that’s fairly negative and a bit of a reach. Of course debate is allowed it’s just these sorts of things always seem to crop up after a cracking result when you’d think most would want to revel in the teams latest success story.

I’m asking if he keeps getting injured someone will end up taking his place aka the way Arfield has grabbed a jersey and it may inadvertently hurt his club career.

He got injured on Scotland duty when they overworked him and he lasted a half vs Aberdeen after the last set of international games it’s no coincidence mate.

I would imagine both Gerrard and McAllister who both had decent international careers would be encouraging our players to play on the international stage as it enhances them as players and also as an asset.

Would they keep encouraging him if he can’t play for Rangers?

Back