Is that the Edinburgh challenge over for the season ?

Come Wednesday there is no doubt that Hibs will have suffered 4 defeats in a row since their Ibrox heroics with 10 men. Hearts might hang in a few weeks. As almost always, if we finish above Celtic we will be champions.
You mean WHEN we finish above whatever word you used

It’s too soon to be talking about a challenge from Edinburgh. Let’s see where they are going into the January break.

Despite season long turmoil at Parkhead last season no club came close to claiming second place. Hibs 14 points adrift.

The league format doesn’t help. 38 league games, clubs facing the Old Firm 8 times a season, and 3 points for a win ensures both clubs can pull away from the pack quickly if they can put a reasonable run of victories together.

Hearts got a point at Ibrox, Porteous got sent off at Ibrox as the spoon burners put up plucky resistance.

Their season is done.

I try not to get cocky about other team’s results when we’ve got a tough away game still to play.

In the post-Bosman era no club outside Glasgow will ever win the title. They could very rarely challenge when they were allowed to hang on to their best players beforehand. If their fans believe otherwise it's merely a pipe-dream.

It's always the same,we're busy playing euro games but once that stops for a break we pull away. Very rarely they stay the course. It's a shame cos it'd make for a stronger league.

Poor results for H and H today. Flying too high too early ? :rolleyes:
For anyone paying attention, Hearts were very lucky to beat a woeful Celt!c at the start of the season. They also should be hammered into oblivion by Rangers last week. In between that theyve struggled to deal with opponents, even in the games theyve won. Having a fake Manager obvs doesnt help but with the players they possess they really should be making a much more convincing case for themselves.

Hibs I think are a far more dangerous side of the two simply down to having some quick and prolific forward players. Their problem is the defence and thats been their situation for a long time.

There was never a challenge. Hanging in there after 9/10 games isn’t challenging. They’ll drop off further and finish miles behind.

Watched both this season and they are bang on average. We took Hearts apart for 55 minutes last week and has enough chances to win two matches - our own fault we dropped points.

Us and Celtic haven’t exactly been any great shakes yet we have the opportunity to move three ahead - and it should be more.

The combined wait for the Edinburgh clubs winning the league is 130 years, only the old firm can win the league, fact.

That will always be the way for a very long time. A league of 2 teams. Scotshit football is a joke. All the other teams season highlights is getting one over us even if they get relegated.
Most leagues are the same, unless some Arab or Oligarth comes along and throws countless millions at a team, or a team from outside the big ones have a freakish season.

We are gonna be a proper title race this season, the tims seem to have got themselves together whilst we have still to find our form. Happy enough with a 4 point lead over them at this stage of the season

Tomorrow we must go out and beat St Mirren comfortably to show them we are on our way to form
Agree, we'd be daft to want to have the title won by Xmas*
We need decent competition and excitement otherwise it becomes dull.

*maybe just the once then :p

There was never a challenge. Hanging in there after 9/10 games isn’t challenging. They’ll drop off further and finish miles behind.

Watched both this season and they are bang on average. We took Hearts apart for 55 minutes last week and has enough chances to win two matches - our own fault we dropped points.

Us and Celtic haven’t exactly been any great shakes yet we have the opportunity to move three ahead - and it should be more.
Did you see Souttar mate how did he get on ?

I think the boy is quality everything about the way he plays, his close control passing and most of all the way he controls everything at the back suggests... he should be at Ibrox we should take advantage of the contract situation guess hes waiting to see if Rangers are interested.

Clearly the best of the rest, which is all they will ever be cant expect much more than that with the finances involved, is dundee utd. Very good manager up there although would not be surprised if hes snapped up an english club in the next few months.

Can reliably tell you via a Jambo I know that the Glasgow Football Association has ensured that any hint of a challenge from the East will be destroyed by the referees.
The Glasgow Football Association. What a ridiculous comment. Its the masonic lodge.

Its good for the league if Hearts, Hibs, Dundee United, Aberdeen etc are strong and are able to take points from us and them. This situation where 100+ points are needed to challenge for the league isn't sustainable.

For me the Hibs challenge was over when they took an early lead against us at Ibrox. Serious title contenders would have built on that but they spent the rest of the game time-wasting up until it was too late. You can't be title contenders when you start time-wasting after 10 minutes against the current champions. In the end they did well to get away with a 2-1 defeat. Challenge over.

I was at Tynecastle yesterday for the Hearts Dundee game.

Hearts we comfortable and excellent for 70 minutes - umpteen chances. Then on 70 mins, dropped 10 yards and looked to contain. It was like last Saturday at Ibrox, roles reversed.

They're going to drop a good few points in the next 5 weeks - Aberdeen, St Johnstone and Motherwell away. Add to that, Robbie Neilson is reacting to yesterday with "but look how far we've come".

The fella beside me yesterday said "Hearts simply don't know how to react to this type of pressure". Neilson's comments back that up.

Most leagues are the same, unless some Arab or Oligarth comes along and throws countless millions at a team, or a team from outside the big ones have a freakish season.
It's the amount of points that separate the top 2 from the rest that is what makes this league unique

Can reliably tell you via a Jambo I know that the Glasgow Football Association has ensured that any hint of a challenge from the East will be destroyed by the referees.

So, fulfilling their stated objective, “to promote the interests of Glasgow’s professional
Football Clubs”.

Hibs were never contenders, they don't have the bottle.

Hearts still unbeaten, can't see any scenario where they will remain so for the season but they are better than the rest and are capable of pushing a long way this season.

Did you see Souttar mate how did he get on ?

I think the boy is quality everything about the way he plays, his close control passing and most of all the way he controls everything at the back suggests... he should be at Ibrox we should take advantage of the contract situation guess hes waiting to see if Rangers are interested.

Clearly the best of the rest, which is all they will ever be cant expect much more than that with the finances involved, is dundee utd. Very good manager up there although would not be surprised if hes snapped up an english club in the next few months.

Any time I’ve seen Hearts this season Halkett has looked the better of the two.

Injury list is shocking.

Back