Is the Club making any progress on the BBC issue?

buster60

To my knowledge we haven't heard much, if any thing from the club on the BBC issues since Jim Traynor and Stewart Robertson spoke out in February.
Now that the dust is settling on this past season it would be good to know how we are now placed with regards to the BBC for the season ahead.
The situation prevailing at this time surely cannot be allowed to continue for much longer. It really would be good to know where we are with an organisation who break their own rules of fairness and impartiality and who seem to be answerable to no one.

It will take a unified cancellation of the TV license by bears before anything changes.

I just listened to Heart and Hand - Eck Era and I was reminded that away back in 2004 the BBC sent video footage to UEFA to ensure Alex Rae was banned.

This has been going on for over a decade, and will continue to do so, until we tell them to stick their shite service and their papist presenters up their arse.

Don't pay them and they will soon change their tune.

Whats stopping a bbc reporter that isn’t skeleton from coming to Ibrox? Have they been ordered not to go by the management?

Let’s be honest, is anyone really missing their sh.ite content??

Fan driven , club driven content is far better.

SMSM altogether whether on TV, Papers and Radio is dying because of desperate level of journalism, punditry and sheer biases.

The View from the terrace TV show alongside Ewan Cameron’s new pod is destroying any content from these tired SMSM has been shows. Look at Heart and Hand, in the top 20 sports pods , Gersnet is good esp with the 4ladshsdadream input. The 4lads twitter feed is also a brilliant place for our news.

BBC sportsound , Super Secret Scoreboard and the others is for mentally inferior fans. Not 1 ounce of knowledge between them

Fan driven is the way forward

I hope not, we hold all the aces and the moral high ground as they banned themselves from our home and not the other way around.

The Bosses at on the BBC board should have stepped in two years ago to get their Scottish branches toys back in the pram and dealt with the persons involved,
The BBC report from many places they have been barred from and send people to sort the situation to resume normal coverage but in Scotland they ban themselves and don’t try to fix it

The club should rescind the ban on the bbc journalist and then the onus is on the bbc, they have no excuse not to report our games

I’ve no interest in that particular bbc mans opinion, I do want (particularly for those without sky sports news / btsport / rangers tv) the opportunity to see interviews from our players and manager on the national broadcaster shows.

The ban is hampering getting our rangers content & message out on the nightly news as well as the football shows , all the ban is done is keep a small vocal minority of rangers support happy (the irony is I fully agree with the complaints of that number amongst our support, but a ban on journalists , doesn’t do anything to help the overall cause, expose the lies and fight from within

I’d also argue with time being used on sportscene for manager / player videos less time spent on ‘analysis’ / witch hunts against our players , would result in less retrospective bans

To my knowledge we haven't heard much, if any thing from the club on the BBC issues since Jim Traynor and Stewart Robertson spoke out in February.
Now that the dust is settling on this past season it would be good to know how we are now placed with regards to the BBC for the season ahead.
The situation prevailing at this time surely cannot be allowed to continue for much longer. It really would be good to know where we are with an organisation who break their own rules of fairness and impartiality and who seem to be answerable to no one.
I was thinking this too recently. And that we should be vocally shutting down Clare Whyte before the new season starts.
Part of that problem is of course trial by Sportscene.
The club cannot allow this corrupt farce to have any influence on the coming season. Which means they have a month or so to sort it out. And i'd rather they done that in public.

The best thing we can do is win the Scottish Cup, something we haven't done since 2009.

It is their flagship event, which they pay a lot of money for.

Only when they choose to completely ignore one of the cup finalists in their pre-match build-up and then refuse to interview anyone from the winning team, whilst sitting in the studio looking like they are attending a funeral, will BBC London HQ and cup sponsors do anything.

Tbh, if Gerrard taking over didn't break the impasse on their end via pressure from down south I'm not sure anything else will. Perhaps after he wins his first trophy?

Let’s be honest, is anyone really missing their sh.ite content??

Fan driven , club driven content is far better.

SMSM altogether whether on TV, Papers and Radio is dying because of desperate level of journalism, punditry and sheer biases.

The View from the terrace TV show alongside Ewan Cameron’s new pod is destroying any content from these tired SMSM has been shows. Look at Heart and Hand, in the top 20 sports pods , Gersnet is good esp with the 4ladshsdadream input. The 4lads twitter feed is also a brilliant place for our news.

BBC sportsound , Super Secret Scoreboard and the others is for mentally inferior fans. Not 1 ounce of knowledge between them

Fan driven is the way forward

Football Daft by Ewen Cameron and Grado looks to be one that can be added to the list or H&H, Gersnet and 4Lads - obviously it's not purely Rangers focused but it talks about Scottish football in general with a pretty scathing attitude towards the BBC and other members of the SMSM who continually talk down our game and have a clear agenda.

The club should rescind the ban on the bbc journalist and then the onus is on the bbc, they have no excuse not to report our games

I’ve no interest in that particular bbc mans opinion, I do want (particularly for those without sky sports news / btsport / rangers tv) the opportunity to see interviews from our players and manager on the national broadcaster shows.

The ban is hampering getting our rangers content & message out on the nightly news as well as the football shows , all the ban is done is keep a small vocal minority of rangers support happy (the irony is I fully agree with the complaints of that number amongst our support, but a ban on journalists , doesn’t do anything to help the overall cause, expose the lies and fight from within

I’d also argue with time being used on sportscene for manager / player videos less time spent on ‘analysis’ / witch hunts against our players , would result in less retrospective bans
There is nobody that is banned from the BBC ,there is one reporter who has had his press privileges removed

Steven Gerrard is a world football legend known by every supporter in the game.
What an advert and way to help promote the Scottish game.
A season has now passed and BBC Scotland refuse to have him on our screens.
Wasting this opportunity is unprofessional but it just proves bitterness and bigotry is rife throughout BBC Scotland.
They deny their own flagship programme and the Scottish audience a world superstar because a few spiteful morons call the shots.
Absolutely shameful.

Last edited:
There is nobody that is banned from the BBC ,there is one reporter who has had his press privileges removed
Semantics.
Hand him the press privileges back and then bbc have no excuse not to cover Rangers in equal manner by weaselling out of it by saying they are backing their employee / journalistic standards / journalist union

There is nobody who believes / gives a toss what that one particular man with a microphone has to say, he certainly doesn’t offer any in-depth knowledge on football that’s for sure

Forcing him to do his job properly is actually more amusing that this playing to the gallery of removing his pass.

Our new commercial manager must be scratching his head wondering how we can possibly keep justifying giving away prime time tv coverage spots that we would get for free due to a press ban for something said years ago!!

If we were to compile a list of all the journalists and media outlets that have been guilty of spouting shite about rangers they’d be no press passes handed out!

I personally have an issue with radio Clyde, complete ear damage and the home of phone in lunatics , yet rangers fans still listen to it, take delight in enjoying it even! Despite the obvious agenda of many on that station and bias towards the Tims , yet despite that rangers even pay to have advertising on that station!!

Now, how can you remove press pass , which is costing us free publicity on bbc, but yet willingly work with radio Clyde and pay for the privilege??

Doesn’t make any sense

Last edited:
I wish we would just stop trying to negotiate anything with them.

They hate us, they cannot be impartial, they actively try and get our players banned, some of the incidents have been unforgivable so we should just stop all contact with them, no negotiating, no BBC employee allowed through work access to Ibrox/Auchenhowie, our players banned from communicating with any BBC outlet, embarrass them when they have people outside the stadium doing press stuff by asking them to move on, playing music over them and generally hinder them.

Any BBC equipment allowed into Ibrox because of contractual obligations we are as awkward as possible, open up access late for them, narrowest of entrances, make them feel unwelcome.

There should be no going back, we should simply stop trying to negotiate/appease them.

Refuse cooperation to anything BBC related.

Nothing will change. Only way to resolve is to sue them for not fulfilling their charter. BBC Scotland have no intention of building bridges until guys like McLaughlin,Cosgrove and Gordon are swept away from positions of influence. Guys like Stewart and English toe the party line to get their nose in the trough, if an anti Celtic regime came in (it wont) they would do an 180 °turn.
I think our guys realise this but are not prepared to take the BBC on. It only requires SG to come out on Sky/BT/ITV or the written media to say how BBC Scotland is deliberately undermining RFC to get the attention of the bosses down south. The usual culprits will have also to satisfy BBC London.

I wish we would just stop trying to negotiate anything with them.

They hate us, they cannot be impartial, they actively try and get our players banned, some of the incidents have been unforgivable so we should just stop all contact with them, no negotiating, no BBC employee allowed through work access to Ibrox/Auchenhowie, our players banned from communicating with any BBC outlet, embarrass them when they have people outside the stadium doing press stuff by asking them to move on, playing music over them and generally hinder them.

Any BBC equipment allowed into Ibrox because of contractual obligations we are as awkward as possible, open up access late for them, narrowest of entrances, make them feel unwelcome.

There should be no going back, we should simply stop trying to negotiate/appease them.

Refuse cooperation to anything BBC related.
People seem to completely miss the fact that the majority of rangers fans aren’t on follow follow , that they for whatever reason (tradition / habit ) keep buying the sun , the record , keep listening to radio Clyde, watch bbc

Now you can either ignore that or be responsible to the broader reach of our fan base / future fan base

Keeping the hardcore / minority on FF happy regarding removing a press pass, (when that percentage in our support will have access to managers reactions / news / players interviews by other means anyway) does nothing but deprive the majority, limits rangers commercially and the reach of rangers message

Painting ourselves into a corner

The best thing we can do is win the Scottish Cup, something we haven't done since 2009.

Only when they choose to completely ignore one of the cup finalists in their pre-match build-up and then refuse to interview anyone from the winning team, whilst sitting in the studio looking like they are attending a funeral, will BBC London HQ and cup sponsors do anything.
Great shout, never thought about that.

I hope not, we hold all the aces and the moral high ground as they banned themselves from our home and not the other way around.

The Bosses at on the BBC board should have stepped in two years ago to get their Scottish branches toys back in the pram and dealt with the persons involved,
The BBC report from many places they have been barred from and send people to sort the situation to resume normal coverage but in Scotland they ban themselves and don’t try to fix it

There have been a number of meetings over recent years mate, but the last meeting involved Traynor telling them we are more entrenched in our stance than ever due to their all round behaviour. That was maybe 6 months ago, and I don’t know if the parties have met since.

Why will winning the league change things?

They'll still hate us with the same passion as they do now.

It'll make a difference because many of them jump on any winning bandwagon. It's much more difficult to criticise a club who are being successful than one who isn't - hatred or not.

It's a shame because it does make a difference. I'd wager a lot of our support are influenced by coverage on BBC Radio, Sportscene and Clyde.

If only everyone would sign up to H&H and read FF but unfortunately that's not the case.

They won't do anything.

Let's just forget about the BBC from here on in, they're an irrelevance.

It'll make a difference because many of them jump on any winning bandwagon. It's much more difficult to criticise a club who are being successful than one who isn't - hatred or not.

It's a shame because it does make a difference. I'd wager a lot of our support are influenced by coverage on BBC Radio, Sportscene and Clyde.

If only everyone would sign up to H&H and read FF but unfortunately that's not the case.

Success or failure, it's all Rangers to them.

This thinking that winning something is going to change their bigoted mindset is complete pie in the sky bonkers.

Whats stopping a bbc reporter that isn’t skeleton from coming to Ibrox? Have they been ordered not to go by the management?

this is it in a nutshell

Rangers - you can send anyone you like to Ibrox, apart from one guy (who has since changed jobs)
BBC - We won't send anyone then

There is a very simple resolution to this that any sane person can see....

The BBC do not want to be seen to be dictated to ,as they see it. The fact is they can send who they want ,however one reporter only will not get his wee cup of tea at half time and be able to sit in the press box.

The only chance is if BBC bosses from England tell them to sort it out.

Rangers and Stevie G winning the league will accelerate that.

Just look at the coverage Frank Lampard got by the bbc as manager at Derby. Compare and contrast with the lack of exposure Stevie Gerrard has had up here.

The BBC in England I’m sure know the score and are well aware of bbc Scotland’s small minded and petty agenda. I fear though there’s little that they will do about it.

We just need to win, and keep winning that will be the biggest sickener and girfuy we can give that horrible shower of bastards at Pacific Quay.

Semantics.
Hand him the press privileges back and then bbc have no excuse not to cover Rangers in equal manner by weaselling out of it by saying they are backing their employee / journalistic standards / journalist union

There is nobody who believes / gives a toss what that one particular man with a microphone has to say, he certainly doesn’t offer any in-depth knowledge on football that’s for sure

Forcing him to do his job properly is actually more amusing that this playing to the gallery of removing his pass.

Our new commercial manager must be scratching his head wondering how we can possibly keep justifying giving away prime time tv coverage spots that we would get for free due to a press ban for something said years ago!!

If we were to compile a list of all the journalists and media outlets that have been guilty of spouting shite about rangers they’d be no press passes handed out!

I personally have an issue with radio Clyde, complete ear damage and the home of phone in lunatics , yet rangers fans still listen to it, take delight in enjoying it even! Despite the obvious agenda of many on that station and bias towards the Tims , yet despite that rangers even pay to have advertising on that station!!

Now, how can you remove press pass , which is costing us free publicity on bbc, but yet willingly work with radio Clyde and pay for the privilege??

Doesn’t make any sense
If you hand back his press privileges, they have won, then they will just keep deriding us at every chance. fuk them.

Why is no action being taken against them by the BBC Trust who are supposed to be monitoring their behaviour regarding the charter? I live in the N.E. and the BBC is the easiest media for me to learn about Rangers and it is disappointing their nonsensical attitude towards us.

People seem to completely miss the fact that the majority of rangers fans aren’t on follow follow , that they for whatever reason (tradition / habit ) keep buying the sun , the record , keep listening to radio Clyde, watch bbc

Now you can either ignore that or be responsible to the broader reach of our fan base / future fan base

Keeping the hardcore / minority on FF happy regarding removing a press pass, (when that percentage in our support will have access to managers reactions / news / players interviews by other means anyway) does nothing but deprive the majority, limits rangers commercially and the reach of rangers message

Painting ourselves into a corner

The vast majority of our support has online access, it isn't 1970 where news comes from 1 of 3 channels.

Plenty places outwith the BBC bears can get news, interviews, highlights.

Nothing can be done with this crowd, we would have to send into Pacific Quay, Pest Control too delouse that crowd. Start off with a whole new staff from top to bottom.

this is it in a nutshell

Rangers - you can send anyone you like to Ibrox, apart from one guy (who has since changed jobs)
BBC - We won't send anyone then

There is a very simple resolution to this that any sane person can see....
I can't see it...

The only chance is if BBC bosses from England tell them to sort it out.

Rangers and Stevie G winning the league will accelerate that.
Nonsense.

The bosses in England are and have been aware of the situation from the word go.

Winning or losing makes no difference.

The only thing that will change the current impasse is if the political landscape is turned on its head and the bigots are removed from their posts.

Why would you want the BBC back at Ibrox?
Just a reminder of what they're about -
has repeatedly been caught out lying about our club, time and time again.
uses licence fees to pay for tax bills of management.
has harboured, protected and enabled paedophiles
witch hunts against our players to make sure the compliance officer doesn't miss a chance to screw us.

They can get to F**k.

Back