Is there something going on with Cantwell behind the scenes?

You at least get some energy and running from Cantwell, you get hee haw from Lawrence.

Wright and Matondo run as well but they’re not good enough either. Just because Cantwell runs doesn’t mean he should start for us, he’s not good enough.

He's not shown up at all this season. A few fleeting moments here and there, but he's been poor all season.

Folk keep pretending that he's the best we've got, but that's scant consolation, because he's painfully average. You'd have to go back 12 months to pin point a game that he actually had the running of.

Cantwell flatters to deceive
No he doesn't he is one of our only players who can make things happen ,if the lad has any sense he will try and find another club which is what I think he will do by the way if you are looking for scapegoats look at our back line in the first half they were like traffic cones that maeda walked past Tav early on and had given him 3 yds of a start,that's part of our problem.

He's another that can go.he should be tearing it up in our league but flatters to decieve.

Hopefully we can fool a championship club out of 5m for him.

Cantwell let's them get in his head before the game even starts, then flatters to deceive and tries stupid stuff at stupid times.

Underwhelming. That pretty much sums him up. Often chooses two or three more touches and or a needless bit of attempted skill, and losing the ball a lot, when he can pass and put us on the front foot.

He’s better than Lawrence, marginally. That’s about it.

I could be talking nonsense but I don’t understand how he doesn’t even get on today when he can be a game changing player.

Just a couple days ago he posted “A bird can’t fly in a cage” that could be nothing but it also could be something we don’t know. At first I thought it was nothing but after today him not getting any minutes I am starting to think there might be something going on.
There's been a clash of styles/personalities between the 2 since the start as far as I'm concerned. PC hooking him so early in the league cup semi final v Hearts was the first sign for me PC wasnt satisfied with what he offered. Doesn't seem to have changed several months later.

Flatters to deceive.

Thinks he’s a lot better than he actually is.

O’Riley at the poets is twice the player cantwell is. Far more effective footballer with better G/A across two seasons.

Some people can’t wake up to that reality, probably including Todd himself.

I was genuinely surprised that he couldn't be brought on.

One thing he can do is win free kicks outside their box, which was probably our best chance of getting an equaliser.

we need rid of him asap. he wants to be the best player in the team and if hes not then he chucks it and goes in a huff. Not a player we need in our squad.

I could be talking nonsense but I don’t understand how he doesn’t even get on today when he can be a game changing player.

Just a couple days ago he posted “A bird can’t fly in a cage” that could be nothing but it also could be something we don’t know. At first I thought it was nothing but after today him not getting any minutes I am starting to think there might be something going on.
Think he was talking about his pigeons.

Like cantwell and most managers he plays for? Time he stops believing in his own hype

Too hot headed for that game, after that run in with McGregor likely to be sent off

He's nowhere near good enough to be trying to cause drama about getting subbed. The Championship is his level, where you can lose a barrow load of games and still make the playoffs, no pressure.

There clearly is and the petty squabble has effectively cost us 50 million pounds

Who really gi es a feck, he's another average player who thinks he's better than he actually is.

All I know is that he's ditched his trademark lilac headband for a black one in recent weeks. Could be nothing, could be something, but I think we should be told.

Cantwell, Lawrence and Dowell

All technically talented and capable of a moment that gives the fans false hope of what they can contribute

Sadly, all have the heart of a mouse when the going gets tough

I fact you could use that description for Silva and Matondo as well

I think the plan was to bring him on later in the game but the sending off changed that.

A talker that doesn’t deliver in the big games. McGregor would’ve drawn him onto hook and Cantwell would’ve been sent off probably aswell.
We seen a glimpse of it at end of Ibrox game he’s doesn’t have mentality for these games maybe even our club.
We need players who do there talking on the pitch it’s long overdue!

I’d have taken Cantwell in crutches over Tom Lawrence today.
Problem is you would probably say the opposite if Cantwell started and played like he usually does in these games.

Takes ages on the ball and falls over then gets booked and disappears.

I am pretty sure Cantwell would have come on but as soon as we went down to ten I was certain that wouldn't happen.

Overrated and hopefully not here next season but he’s better than Lawrence.

Well done Philippe Clement for not learning after the last old firm re: Lawrence.
Exactly. I'm not a fan of Cantwell at all but he should have been on the pitch before Lawrence, McCausland and Wright. We shouldn't have started with a number 10 to begin with anyway.

Barely plays Raskin but flings him in today. Starts Cantwell every week but doesn't use him at all today. It's like flinging Shite and hoping something sticks.

Honestly, this is the first I've actually thought about Cantwell today after I saw he wasn't starting.

Can completely understand not starting him and not bringing him on when we were down to 10. Preferably away in tbe summer.

If his method of communicating his displeasure is via social media and not directly to the manager (I am not saying that is the case) then he can %^*& off. If he wants to get his head down and work hard for next season then listen to the manager.

Back