Is there something going on with Cantwell behind the scenes?

He will leave the club and push the narrative that “I can’t talk about what happened to me there” and essentially make out his wellbeing was being effected.

Pulled the same trick at Norwich and Bournemouth.

You are just not that good Todd.

Cantwell is simply not good enough , don’t understand why folk get so concerned about how he might be feeling, he’s fell on his feet being signed by us / getting his own song etc
I think a lot of that went to his head.

Looking back at the way folk were heaping praise on Cantwell and Raskin this time last year.. they’ve done nothing.

We are in a bad situation - a team of habitual chokers and anyone who shows a hint of the flair that we think will take us beyond that is built into something that they’ll never be.

He will leave the club and push the narrative that “I can’t talk about what happened to me there” and essentially make out his wellbeing was being effected.

Pulled the same trick at Norwich and Bournemouth.

You are just not that good Todd.
He still hasn't told the whole story about Norwich like he promised on Instagram after he signed for us. Maybe because it was him having a shit attitude and thinking he was bigger than them?

Cantwell is a great player when playing well, but is too inconsistent.

Too many average performances for the occasional great one.

I could be talking nonsense but I don’t understand how he doesn’t even get on today when he can be a game changing player.

Just a couple days ago he posted “A bird can’t fly in a cage” that could be nothing but it also could be something we don’t know. At first I thought it was nothing but after today him not getting any minutes I am starting to think there might be something going on.
I hope that the only thing going on behind the scenes is a transfer out.
Not the correct character for our great club.

Was clear from the start when Clement hooked him at half time a couple of games he had no time for him. cantwell is the Type of player who probably wants a free role and doesn't want to have to do a 'tactical job'.

I’d imagine his instagram post in the lead up to the biggest match of the season was considered ill timed

He is a legend in his own head and looks every inch an over hyped English championship player to me. Lack of goals, lack of assists and lack of big game performances

Why cant we ever find a goal scoring midfielder?

Cantwell has ability but his numbers are a joke.

The poets seem to sign a midfielder and they bang in the goals, Turnbull, Hatate and O’Reily of late.

O’Reily is a player we could only dream of having.
Even more galling that O’Reilly only cost them a mere £1.5m.

Cantwell v Hearts just a few weeks ago was unplayable, he was excellent! These performances are few and far between, back to the championship for an undisclosed fee in the summer

I could be talking nonsense but I don’t understand how he doesn’t even get on today when he can be a game changing player.

Just a couple days ago he posted “A bird can’t fly in a cage” that could be nothing but it also could be something we don’t know. At first I thought it was nothing but after today him not getting any minutes I am starting to think there might be something going on.
Sell him he can’t dictate a game at this level and his criptic pish just loses what little credibility he had left.

No he doesn't he is one of our only players who can make things happen ,if the lad has any sense he will try and find another club which is what I think he will do by the way if you are looking for scapegoats look at our back line in the first half they were like traffic cones that maeda walked past Tav early on and had given him 3 yds of a start,that's part of our problem.
Tell me when Cantwell done something in an old firm this season ?

Looking forward to get £3-4m in the summer and moving on.

Doesn’t affect the game remotely enough for a guy on those wages and that background.

If he's a game changer when has he actually changed a game. He's a player who flatters to deceive but is in fact cannot change the tempo or style of a game

I said in a thread before that Cantwells whole body language seemed to be different after Beale left, not sure why, maybe Beale thought the sun shone out of his arse and when Clement stepped in that feelings would not be the same.

Personally I'd have Cantwell before Lawrence... just, we could do much better than both of them though.

He can do good things but doesn't have the consistency we require. His elevated status amongst a lot of the fans says more about the lack of quality in the rest of the squad.

If we remained with 11 men, he would’ve likely got on for Lawrence around 60.

With us down to 10, we needed pace.

At around 70 mins, I was saying we should take Dessers off for wright as their was so much space in behind their defence. Concerning thought I know. Calling the Doctors on Monday morning to give me the once over.

He's had long enough to establish himself in the starting 11 but has failed to take the opportunity. Should be moved on if we get a decent offer in the summer.

Looking forward to get £3-4m in the summer and moving on.

Doesn’t affect the game remotely enough for a guy on those wages and that background.
Funnily enough some of the English players like Lawrence, Dowell, Davies and Cantwell are probably still seen as an attractive proposition to some English clubs who could afford their wages.

If I was Koppen I'd be doing my level best to get a deal done for any willing to go, even if it's just 4-5 million in the bank and a raft of hefty wages off the books.

He was class in the semi final

No idea why he didn't get on. I'm presuming he's injured
If he is injured, why is he on the bench?

Nope he thinks he is better than he is. Been here 1.5 seasons … 5 goals 4 assists I think.

Exactly. I'm not a fan of Cantwell at all but he should have been on the pitch before Lawrence, McCausland and Wright. We shouldn't have started with a number 10 to begin with anyway.

Barely plays Raskin but flings him in today. Starts Cantwell every week but doesn't use him at all today. It's like flinging Shite and hoping something sticks.
He's been doing that since the day he walked in in fairness.

I have plenty complaints

He can actually produce some quality

Dio, lundstram, sterling, Raskin.. None of them score enough

Compare to their 3... They all get goals
I don’t think that’s a defence it simply condemns all of them on the list as far as I understand it .

Btw Sterling got an assist today v Tim’s I rem he scored v `Benfica I wonder what his stats are against the so called big opponents and how they compare .

A mistake not giving him a role today. Still, it’s the managers funeral especially with David Moyes now a free agent. Oops I’ve shat the bed.

Just heartbroken after today’s mess don’t judge me. I like many others I’m hurting.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was moved on in the summer, and i wouldn't be particularly arsed if he was.

I don't think Clement has ever been a massive fan of his. When he does start he almost never completes the 90 minutes.

I said in a thread before that Cantwells whole body language seemed to be different after Beale left, not sure why, maybe Beale thought the sun shone out of his arse and when Clement stepped in that feelings would not be the same.

Personally I'd have Cantwell before Lawrence... just, we could do much better than both of them though.
It does appear that PC and you agree the issue is I’m not sure he fancies either of them but more significantly it seems clear that TC has burnt his bridges with the manager and club and has become a problem .
Really sad when our signings go with this way it doesn’t happen often but it’s a bit of a minor tragedy imo

Funnily enough some of the English players like Lawrence, Dowell, Davies and Cantwell are probably still seen as an attractive proposition to some English clubs who could afford their wages.

If I was Koppen I'd be doing my level best to get a deal done for any willing to go, even if it's just 4-5 million in the bank and a raft of hefty wages off the books.
Actually quite like Dowell out of that list but I’m not sure how reliable he is nor how good a pro he is either .
It could be argued all of them have that Q mark against them

I would have started him today, but I don’t have too much sympathy for Cantwell.

He’s been scapegoated a few times, but he does seem to have too much nonsense in his head and in his game.

One thing I’ll add is something i posted before game. We are struggling for wide players. Best spell of TC’s career came playing wide left. It didn’t work playing wide right earlier in season, but it would be different on other side IMO.

He still hasn't told the whole story about Norwich like he promised on Instagram after he signed for us. Maybe because it was him having a shit attitude and thinking he was bigger than them?
Let’s be honest, Cantwell wouldn’t have been at Norwich or Rangers if his attitude matched his technical abilities.

Any chance you can explain this cryptic nonsense. He's a poor player no question
It's quite simple really but I'll spell it out for you, he's never off social media pouring his heart out to any idiot prepared to listen to his never ending stream of utter pish.

Back