Is this Bobby Madden?

Just watching the EFL highlights the now. Madden 100% got that right, the boy was being an absolute tool. The presenters seem to think Madden made an arse of it for some reason.

As correct as it is, and as much of an arse of himself as Tomlin has made

I still don't think Madden manages it very well, a more competent match manager than him would have managed to diffuse it
Only so much the ref can do there. It’s two clear yellow cards.

I still don't think Madden manages it very well, a more competent match manager than him would have managed to diffuse it

That's one of the most deserved reds I've seen in a long time.

Ref managed it perfectly.

How?

He deservedly gets booked, then commits the same foul. What else could the baldy cunt do?

Guy at my work is an EFL assistant referee, he ran the line at Derby v Leicester friendly last weekend. Madden was the ref, he was pretty impressed with him, better than most of the others he works with in leagues 1 & 2.
He asked him about the move down to England, said he won't miss the hassle of reffing in Scotland and that he's looking forward to a bit more variety in games/teams.
My mate thought that Madden was a decent guy, asked him who he supports - he said Dundee!

Last edited:
Guy at my work is an EFL assistant referee, he ran the line at Derby v Leicester friendly last weekend. Madden was the ref, he was pretty impressed with him, better than most of the others he works with in leagues 1 & 2.
He asked him about the move down to England, said he won't miss the hassle of managing in Scotland and that he's looking forward to a bit more variety in games/teams.
My mate thought that Madden was a decent guy, asked him who he supports - he said Dundee!
There's %^*& all wrong with madden, best thing he's done is get out of this footballing backwater

How?

He deservedly gets booked, then commits the same foul. What else could the baldy cunt do?
Lets not pretend for any stretch of the imagination that he's sent off for kicking the ball away a second time

Madden wasn't going to do anything about that

He's stood in front of him for a prolonged period of time, and Madden doesn't go anywhere near him

He then books him, he proceeds to continue to stand in front of him and Madden only moves over when another Bradford player moves in to move him away

He's then stood on, goes down like a dying swan, and is only booked again when he pushes the guy feebly when he's sat on the ground

If Madden had booked him again immediately when he kicked the ball away a second time then yes I'd agree there wasn't more he could do

But Madden let that escalate, and whilst theres no doubt that the red card was right in the end - theres no chance he's given it for what it should have been given for; and the situation that it has been given for he should have been managing to ensure didn't happen

Was he correct, yes probably
Was it avoidable, definitely
Did Madden manage the situation, absolutely not

Strong refereeing there from Bobby think he will do very well in English football as the guys probably as good a ref as anyone else down there.

Cant help watching that and thinking its the same guy that became popular up here cos he would stand 5 yards away from Brown going over the ball to injure opponents and decide theres no need to use any cards, free kicks enough.

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I always thought Madden was the best Ref we had up here. Would rather he had stayed.

He asked him about the move down to England, said he won't miss the hassle of reffing in Scotland and that he's looking forward to a bit more variety in games/teams.

I watch Sheffield Wednesday games and the quality of ref in league one is fucking abysmal, he will be a great ref at that level.

There's %^*& all wrong with madden, best thing he's done is get out of this footballing backwater
Got to disagree with the first part of your post. Madden like Beaton & countless other refs up here is a coward. Not a bad ref but terrified to give anything that benefits us or any other team that the scum play. If you’re scared to do your job correctly you’re in the wrong job.

At least with him leaving Scotland we’ll be spared some cringey twat calling him Jobby Midden every other week on here.

<shudder>

Just watching the EFL highlights the now. Madden 100% got that right, the boy was being an absolute tool. The presenters seem to think Madden made an arse of it for some reason.

Yep.

IMHO its three yellow card offenses from the daft lad:

1. Initial tussle
2. Kicking ball away
3. Feigning injury.

Back