Is time for some Youth players to get a chance?

SparkRFC

This is something spoke about every year but with 2 games to go IMO some should get a chance whether that's coming off the bench or starting. When Clement first came to the club he has spoke about he loves to give young players a chance to prove themselves, maybe now and pre season is the time to do so.

Might as well play King, Rice, and a couple others the next two games. We won’t because of the cup final, but I would.

Clement needs to change things but seems to be stuck in doing so. Not sure what his problem is and the idea that players aren't good enough is a strange one. As he isn't playing them to find out and clearly what he is seeing in training is not enough to make a genuine decision.

Clement needs to change things but seems to be stuck in doing so. Not sure what his problem is and the idea that players aren't good enough is a strange one. As he isn't playing them to find out and clearly what he is seeing in training is not enough to make a genuine decision.

Not just training if you see them in b team or youth games you can tell.

For example Fraser and yfeko can play left back, neither making it with us, would be like playing beerman again.

When you realise the academy can’t produce players better than Lawrence, Wright and Dowell, you do wonder if we only have it to tick a UEFA box.

"Play the boays."

We get scudded by Dundee, all hell breaka loose.
We would not get scudded by Dundee if we give 2 or 3 of our best youngsters some game time

Needs to be earned though.

Every chance Dundee will do the same.

Last edited:
The harsh reality is none of them are good enough.

Would like rice to start Tuesday. Lowry could also get minutes from the left if fit.
Lowry has played 1 B team games, about 1 half so nowhere close to the first team.
I’m not sure the Manager rates out kids, very few seem to get a chance.

Usual stuff every season once we've fucked the league.

Depressing as f*ck.

How about we play one or two of them during the season instead of players who don't give a flying f*ck like Lundstram, Silva etc? I can say with certainty Bailey Rice wouldn't have been worse than Lundstram today and Cole McKinnon wouldn't have been helping their players out with their cramp.

Was about to say the same.

From what I've gathered our youth setup isn't exactly setting the world on fire.
Get rid of them then. And the women’s team and put the money where it should be going.
Right. I’m off to hide behind the couch after that comment.

Crazy that a few years ago it looked like Lowry was going to be the next big thing, but now you hear almost nothing about him. He just went off the radar completely.
Think you could see the writing on the wall when he couldn't even get a game for hearts.

No doubt talented but doesn't seem any manager likes his attitude or ability to follow instructions.

One to file along with Alan how etc

What youth players have you in mind ? Hard to guage them at the moment but they were never good enough to even win the Lowland league last season !

This is an age-old argument that has never changed throughout all the other changes in the game.

Now - as back in history - if you're good enough, you' re old enough.

You learn your trade in the youths, reserves, at training, but once you're in the first team you're there to do a man's job for the club.

You don't 'learn your trade' inthe first team.

(And given fans' attitudes to even the best of players, that's just as well.)

What youth players have you in mind ? Hard to guage them at the moment but they were never good enough to even win the Lowland league last season !
I would say the main one being Bailey Rice he seems to be the one most think should get a chance.

Get rid of them then. And the women’s team and put the money where it should be going.

If you get rid of the academy it means no license to play in Europe so how does the club grow without the money that Europe generates? Standard of player drops etc as well.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest we'll see anything other than Raskin for Lundstram on Tuesday, and everything else the exact same.

Youths should only be played if good enough and not to satisfy the moans and groans that we don't give our youngsters a chance. I don't reckon the manager is against giving youngsters a chance if the opportunity is right

Misogyny, you’ll be saying women’s football isn’t really football at all next, you’re for the jail

He'll appeal red card. Lunny get back to strut his magic. We should be thankful we've witnessed greatness for a few years.

Ok I'm all for it but why is Clement not?

Maybe he didn’t want to risk any youth players when the pressure is on to get the title.

If any of them are good enough then IMO now is the time to give them a chance in the last 2 league games it might make things a little bit easier when it comes to Pre season.

When you realise the academy can’t produce players better than Lawrence, Wright and Dowell, you do wonder if we only have it to tick a UEFA box.

Well it's massive for our finances into the club that Europe brings so it's required otherwise how does the club grow without it? Sponsorships go down, season tickets go down etc etc.

In your opinion how many players a year do you think the academy should be bringing through? The club is hampered in terms of recruitment given we can't sign any foreign youngsters until they're 18 it's why we are losing the better ones to EPL clubs as it affects them as well.

Fans talk a good game when it comes to getting youth players in McCausland thread along with what we saw on here with Leon King shows different when it comes to academy players.

If you get rid of the academy it means no license to play in Europe so how does the club grow without the money that Europe generates? Standard of player drops etc as well.
Misogyny, you’ll be saying women’s football isn’t really football at all next, you’re for the jail
Ffs I was only kidding. But just for the record. Women’s football is actually shite to be honest.

Are any of them actually good enough?
if their not what is the point of the academy they might not have the experience but they wont have the cowardly instincts the senior players display all to often

the problem is we only want to try them after another shitty performance and its not the best idea to fling them in especially with proven losers like this team is

Back