Ishaka Thompson

Alfonsbear

I remember him looking great in the YouTube videos before he joined us. Heard nothing since then. Anyone know what's happening with him ?

Did he score a goal the other night??

If it was him he looked quite powerful and a bit of a handful in the short highlights of the game.

He was the one that stood out to me

****Thompson Ishaka
He played well and scored a good goal to to open the scoring in the Glasgow cup semi final last Thursday.

Had a lot of injuries this season and not helped by the lack of games for the B team either.

He looked quick and direct any time I seen him - but again couldn’t say if he’s good enough - he’s under contract to 2025 - and will soon be 20 so would hope to see some sort of involvement with the first team if he has a chance sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Been said on another thread but we seriously need consider where our B team are playing as they are not getting anything like the game time they should be!
this is a HUGE issue for us - we have no pathway now realistically between the ages of 16-20 unless you are just an unbelievable talent your going to stagnate with little no game time, its part of the issue when people are saying sign Lennon Miller / David Watson even Bailey Rice - Miller for example has played in 30 mens senior games this season - why at 17 would you go from that to being like Bailey Rice who has played 13 mins of senior football - these guys and those returning from long term injury have no chance to build up minutes at a senior level - its a huge issue.

We had to wait until he turned 18 to sign him due to him being Nigerian and FIFA’s rules.

He’s been hampered by injures but is now back and looking like getting some consistency going in the games he is getting.

I reckon we will see him in the first team more often next season, especially with many out of contract and wanting first team football or homesick and wanting moves closer.

this is a HUGE issue for us - we have no pathway now realistically between the ages of 16-20 unless you are just an unbelievable talent your going to stagnate with little no game time, its part of the issue when people are saying sign Lennon Miller / David Watson even Bailey Rice - Miller for example has played in 30 mens senior games this season - why at 17 would you go from that to being like Bailey Rice who has played 13 mins of senior football - these guys and those returning from long term injury have no chance to build up minutes at a senior level - its a huge issue.
Agreed. I really don’t know what the answer is as the lowlands league wasn’t working either. We were promised when we came out of it we’d be setting up friendlies all over Europe for them and that just hasn’t happened. Do Scottish football all get our heads together and come up with something or do we try and see if we can create mini league / friendlies?

Been said on another thread but we seriously need consider where our B team are playing as they are not getting anything like the game time they should be!
The B Team is being ruined playing friendlies every now and again. These boys should be close to getting loans or moving up to the first team but are playing no regular competitive football.

Lowland league wasn't the perfect solution but it was far better to what we have just now.

Heard through someone close to Rice that he has regrets coming here. He had the choice of Rangers or Celtic at the time but wishes he stayed at Motherwell.

He feels his career has stagnated. He was looked at as the better prospect between him and Lennon Miller at Motherwell but looks like Miller will end up going on to have the better career as things stand.

Heard through someone close to Rice that he has regrets coming here. He had the choice of Rangers or Celtic at the time but wishes he stayed at Motherwell.

He feels his career has stagnated. He was looked at as the better prospect between him and Lennon Miller at Motherwell but looks like Miller will end up going on to have the better career as things stand.
I hope it’s something that Clement changes. The lack of a pathway to the first team is something we’ve suffered with for about 12 years! Ever since McCoist decided we’d pay big money for complete journeymen you can almost count on one hand the number of success stories we’ve had. One of Advocaats first big statements was turning Ferguson into a key player when so much money was available. McLeish was guilty with buying dross but he at least also gave regular games to the likes of McCormack, Malcolm, Ross, Hughes. And Walter was the perfect mix for giving young boys game time without also rushing them too soon.

He's 17. How can anyone make such a statement on their career at this stage?

He's 17. How can anyone make such a statement on their career at this stage?
I can only guess it is because he has barely played any competitive football, had a sniff of first team and showed up very well before Clement came in then not had a sniff since.

The B Team plays friendlies every so often and train, how are these boys supposed to improve with no competitive games?

He will also see Lennon Miller playing first team football every week and being touted for all these moves while he seems to get further from the first team.

I can only guess it is because he has barely played any competitive football, had a sniff of first team and showed up very well before Clement came in then not had a sniff since.

The B Team plays friendlies every so often and train, how are these boys supposed to improve with no competitive games?

He will also see Lennon Miller playing first team football every week and being touted for all these moves while he seems to get further from the first team.
If he regrets coming because he hasn’t played first team enough then he can pack his bags and leave for all I care.

If Clement doesn’t think he’s better than what is in there then that’s final, I guess.

You don’t regret signing for Rangers if you’re not playing at 17. You work harder and forge a chance.

If he regrets coming because he hasn’t played first team enough then he can pack his bags and leave for all I care.

If Clement doesn’t think he’s better than what is in there then that’s final, I guess.
I can understand why our kids get scunnered tbh. There hasn’t been a proper pathway into the first team for years and now the B team shambles means they are sitting in limbo playing the odd friendly at a hugely important stage in their career.

I will add I don’t know Rice at all and never met him. Just saying what I was told from someone very close to him.

Back