It’s not on the manager

You'd have been better starting this tommorow to many have got their session heads on and have got the pitchforks out.

Watch them change there tune on the manager if we win the cup.
Nah, been thinking this since defeat to Ross County actually and, if you think winning the Scottish Cup makes up for throwing away the league is acceptable, then you crack on.
It'll make me feel like we gave them a bloody nose while they won the war.

Who watched our 2 man midfield get dominated by their 3 man midfield twice, then picked a 2 man midfield again today and watched them get dominated by their 3 man midfield again, until one of them scored the opening goal?

Meanwhile a guy who could've made it a more solid, energetic, 3 man midfield to match up to them was wasted out on the wing, while 2 wingers sat on the bench.

Who was it that picked that and why is it not his fault? Open your eyes man.
Well said that man

I get the it's not his squad arguement. But even if the players he has aren't capable of playing the way he wants he has to be adaptable to change that get a result (ie go to a 3 man midfield and be more solid) than just trying the same old thing every time

Team selection wrong.
Tactics wrong.
In game changes wrong.
Subs wrong.

It pretty much is on him. I agree certain players need to go, but he is the one putting them out there. He is the one failing to manage the game.

i Don't want to be repeating the same shit every year and managers getting pumped yearly, but if he doesn't win the cup I can see his coat peg getting shoogly.

I don’t start many threads but…

Clement has come in and inherited a bad lot, he’s over achieved with this squad if anything. I don’t for a second think he’s outside of criticism however the reality is the squad we have is inferior to theirs and you can add on to that the horrendous injuries we have had to key players, we’ve been treading water for months and punching well above our weigh but without the manager we’d have been dead and buried long before now.

Yes, it hurts but we’re only in a position where it hurts because of his efforts, not in spite imo. He’s squeezed every last drop out of a group that has ran its course long ago and even then it was never good enough, good servants need to be shipped and that’s sad but it’s necessary to progress. The fact this guy got a tune out of the shambles he inherited should be enough to encourage anyone with any doubt, This lot under Gio and Beale were miles and miles below standard in run of the mill games and we could all see it playing out that way and they got bagged rightly, but Clement is worth sticking by imo, we’re almost there and it’s murder at times but as a support we need to be patient. I believe this guy will deliver success, if he’s backed of course, and again I’ll reiterate he’s not above criticism but we need to alow him time to get it right. Today was on the players and far too many of the ones we’re supposed to rely on let us down again, stick with it bears and stick with the manager, he needs time and windows to sort this mess out, but it’ll come.

Fully expect abuse for this but bring it on.
I hope he learns from this but imo this is 100% on the manager,wrong team selection and wrong tactics.

Thinking the manager has had a stinker over the past 5 weeks including several team selections or quotes in interviewes doesn't mean people want rid of him.

He's here for the long haul and hopefully he's successful. But anyone thinking continually not getting a result against that mob and he won't face criticism or pressure isn't living in the real world.
Correct.

I don't want rid of him.

I believe he's definitely complicit in the situation we find ourselves in today. However, it's a common opinion among people within the game that recruitment is the most important facet of a manager's role in a football club.

He took over a squad littered with duds and losers. He's done relatively well with what he had to work with. Actually, he did remarkably well until not so long ago.

I'm looking forward to seeing how he shapes the squad and how he performs with more of his own players in the door, whilst a group of the serial losers who've brought us nothing but a 'second best' mentality, are long gone.

Gerrard inherited an arguably bigger mess and was up against a probably more dominant celtic team at the time, and was very successful against them very early in his tenure with us.

I agree they have the better, hungrier squad just now, and his job isn’t easy, but there are ways a manager can set his team up to cover for some of its deficiencies, or at least set up in a way to make us hard to beat and cancel out some of their strengths or exploit their weaknesses.

Look at how some other teams in the league, with a far inferior quality/budget have set up against us or celtic and managed to grind out a result. That’s down to good management and identifying what is necessary to hurt the other team. Clement has had 3 games against them now, and you’d like to think he’s had some time to come up with something.

We absolutely had to win today, but I didn’t see any evidence that we tried to do that today- neither defensively nor going forward.

A big chunk is in him for continuing with the same tactics/playera/formation that had failed twice before.
And lo and behold the same thing happened.

All week we’ve been on about winning the midfield but he had us with no legs in their allowing McGregor and O’Reilly the freedom of the pitch.

Folk were far too quick, as usual, to blow smoke him his arse, miracle worker, etc, etc.
He has it all to prove.

And to be honest, if he goes in same again in the final, he won’t be here very long.

The same players season after season proving they don’t have the mentality to win the league under several managers.
You don’t need to be the brain of Britain to work out where the problem lies.
Give PC time to bring in his own players and then decide, not the totally inept squad he has inherited.

Correct.

I don't want rid of him.

I believe he's definitely complicit in the situation we find ourselves in today. However, it's a common opinion among people within the game that recruitment is the most important facet of a manager's role in a football club.

He took over a squad littered with duds and losers. He's done relatively well with what he had to work with. Actually, he did remarkably well until not so long ago.

I'm looking forward to seeing how he shapes the squad and how he performs with more of his own players in the door, whilst a group of the serial losers who've brought us nothing but a 'second best' mentality, are long gone.

He's shown more than enough to be given the oppoturnity to shape the squad in his image. I really like him and up until the international break he was damn near flawless. But since that Ibrox OF game it just seems he's done a 180 on everything he was doing previously - Bad team selections, biting back in pressers, storming off down the tunnel in a huff.

If we are at the stage where we are completely absolving him of any blame whatsover then we shouldn't be paying him the guts of £30k a week

I don’t start many threads but…

Clement has come in and inherited a bad lot, he’s over achieved with this squad if anything. I don’t for a second think he’s outside of criticism however the reality is the squad we have is inferior to theirs and you can add on to that the horrendous injuries we have had to key players, we’ve been treading water for months and punching well above our weigh but without the manager we’d have been dead and buried long before now.

Yes, it hurts but we’re only in a position where it hurts because of his efforts, not in spite imo. He’s squeezed every last drop out of a group that has ran its course long ago and even then it was never good enough, good servants need to be shipped and that’s sad but it’s necessary to progress. The fact this guy got a tune out of the shambles he inherited should be enough to encourage anyone with any doubt, This lot under Gio and Beale were miles and miles below standard in run of the mill games and we could all see it playing out that way and they got bagged rightly, but Clement is worth sticking by imo, we’re almost there and it’s murder at times but as a support we need to be patient. I believe this guy will deliver success, if he’s backed of course, and again I’ll reiterate he’s not above criticism but we need to alow him time to get it right. Today was on the players and far too many of the ones we’re supposed to rely on let us down again, stick with it bears and stick with the manager, he needs time and windows to sort this mess out, but it’ll come.

Fully expect abuse for this but bring it on.

How has he overachieved? I don't think anyone can look at the drop points record and say he has been better than Beale, when Beale was also able to beat them, dead rubber or not. Beale was criticised for losing 'the big games', Clement has been the same in the league, plus he drops to the dross.

Beale: Celtic D, Celtic L, Hearts D, Kilmarnock L, Celtic L, Aberdeen L

Clement: Aberdeen D, Celtic L, Motherwell L, Celtic D, Ross County L, Dundee D, Celtic L

We're walking into the same situation as Gio and Beale, ignoring the huge red flags because 'he needs his own players'.

Who is it on then?
He’s made stupid starting line ups. Stupid statements that all th experts on here say nah he’s just lying to the press but behind the scenes he’s on it. He makes baffling substitutions. Time people woke up and realised he’s not the answer. Far from it

He’s made stupid starting line ups. Stupid statements that all th experts on here say nah he’s just lying to the press but behind the scenes he’s on it. He makes baffling substitutions. Time people woke up and realised he’s not the answer. Far from it
There'll be plenty that'll say we're wrong however we can't waste time and we need a manager that can beat Celtic.

He loses the cup final then for me he is effectively one game from the sack, because if we lose the game against them in August that will be 4 defeat in 5 and no wins.

He wont survive that imo, not saying thats right or wrong just the way i think it will be.

I really hope we can win this cup final but i dont think hes got the tactical nous or ability to pick the right team against them.

Alarm bells are ringing for me, with our lack of structural setup and shape out of possession.

We al know a lot of the players arent good enough and that doesnt help him, if he wins cup goes into summer with 2 trophies in bag and some credit.
When it comes to the right team, It depends who is available. Balogun was a big miss today. I have a nagging doubt about Souttar, he is is out his depth imo, no heart,no balls, and no fight. Jersey too big for him. He aint at hearts now.

Sack clement, and our inconsistency adds to their consistency.

This is out of the majority mindset, one player I would keep is Wright. Throw in a good squad around him, and he is a asset with his speed and direct running.. come on to fk, how many times do we hear, we have no speed, we are not direct enough.

There is a new young team coming up, the deadwood and consistent injuries needs addressed. We don't need big Innes to sort it out. Big Phil will do ;)

Seems to me we were reading similar posts this time last year - " it's not on Beale, they're not his players, he inherited a shambles, give him time to get his own players in." Just have to hope it turns out different this time because we desperately need some continuity manager wise.

We lost the league title when he sat down to pick his team for the last OF and included Wright and Lawrence.

The fact that he picked Lawrence again today just underlines the extent to which he’s not not understanding the assignment.

My personal opinion is that he won’t be a successful Rangers manager.
My personal opinion is we lost the league by surrendering 4 points to Aberdeen ( not clements doing )3 points to motherwell Ross County and the draw at dens Park

He's shown more than enough to be given the oppoturnity to shape the squad in his image. I really like him and up until the international break he was damn near flawless. But since that Ibrox OF game it just seems he's done a 180 on everything he was doing previously - Bad team selections, biting back in pressers, storming off down the tunnel in a huff.

If we are at the stage where we are completely absolving him of any blame whatsover then we shouldn't be paying him the guts of £30k a week
Some of the players need to take a look at what they get paid and justify their contribution.

He has inherited a shit show but he knew what he was getting himself in to.

The last OF passed Lawrence by and yeah he had a decent game against Killie but personally think Cantwell should have started. Not saying he’s incredible as he’s definitely not but he offers more than Lawrence. It didn’t work last time so why would he not be open to change it this time?

When it comes to the right team, It depends who is available. Balogun was a big miss today. I have a nagging doubt about Souttar, he is is out his depth imo, no heart,no balls, and no fight. Jersey too big for him. He aint at hearts now.

Sack clement, and our inconsistency adds to their consistency.

This is out of the majority mindset, one player I would keep is Wright. Throw in a good squad around him, and he is a asset with his speed and direct running.. come on to fk, how many times do we hear, we have no speed, we are not direct enough.

There is a new young team coming up, the deadwood and consistent injuries needs addressed. We don't need big Innes to sort it out. Big Phil will do ;)

If he wins the cup he will earn himself a lot of credit with fans.

Hopefully this is the case.

Can I seriously ask what has clement done to make u think he’s the man to take us forward ? He’s won one game that we didn’t expect to win away to betis however the style of play is awful his team selection and subs are awful granted he’s had a pile of shite to work with but %^*& me cos he beats the shite teams he’s some sort of messiah ?? He deserves the chance to get his own players in however I wouldn’t be shocked come October we’re questioning the gaffer .
If we're not in the running for the title come December the board MUST get rid of him

Who watched our 2 man midfield get dominated by their 3 man midfield twice, then picked a 2 man midfield again today and watched them get dominated by their 3 man midfield again, until one of them scored the opening goal?

Meanwhile a guy who could've made it a more solid, energetic, 3 man midfield to match up to them was wasted out on the wing, while 2 wingers sat on the bench.

Who was it that picked that and why is it not his fault? Open your eyes man.
You think if we do that we win. We don’t. We don’t have the players. Without Sterling wide we get ripped to shreds down the flanks.

You think if we do that we win. We don’t. We don’t have the players. Without Sterling wide we get ripped to shreds down the flanks.
Like we did anyway for the 2nd goal and most of their chances in the first half?

Playing him wide with 2 in the middle is basically giving them the midfield, which is how they scored their 1st.

The manager carries the majority of the blame for today whether people want to accept it or not.

He watched Lawrence pass the game by 5 weeks ago and thought starting him today was a good idea
He puts sterling in every position but the one he has performed best in
He has played lundstram week after week despite it being clear he checked out
Also defends the above like he is some warrior

Yeah he has worked with the shit he’s inherited but repeating the same mistakes? That’s on him

We need to get rid of the rotten core, Tav , goldson etc, if not we will be here yet again next season, simple as that.

Back