It’s not on the manager

I don’t see why we can blame the manager for our captain causing first goal at Ibrox v them and then that idiot today and his errors , he dropped one of the “leaders” who was culpable for multiple errors , we have no one to replace either of the other two , but his hand is now forced to with lundstrum

It is a little bit.

Shat the bed against Motherwell, Ross County and Dundee.

I’d happily release all but three or four of our squad but Clement’s got to take some of the blame as well.

Every game against the papes has been exactly the same.

A theoretical manager who can't beat the scum.
Questionable team selection and tactics.Every man and his dug knows we should have packed the midfield bur they had so much space it was embarrassing. They can make basic passes, we can't. WTF do they do in training all fkn week.
Shambles of a performance yet again.

The playing staff needs gutted, of that there is no doubt, but the style of football we are playing under Clement is chronic. Has he ever been asked in a press conference or interview if this is his style and identity? Launching continuous long, high balls and hoping to win second balls is not how I want to see Rangers play.

He gets to start next season with (hopefully) the new signings that we need, however my confidence in him is wobbling a bit…

I don’t start many threads but…

Clement has come in and inherited a bad lot, he’s over achieved with this squad if anything. I don’t for a second think he’s outside of criticism however the reality is the squad we have is inferior to theirs and you can add on to that the horrendous injuries we have had to key players, we’ve been treading water for months and punching well above our weigh but without the manager we’d have been dead and buried long before now.

Yes, it hurts but we’re only in a position where it hurts because of his efforts, not in spite imo. He’s squeezed every last drop out of a group that has ran its course long ago and even then it was never good enough, good servants need to be shipped and that’s sad but it’s necessary to progress. The fact this guy got a tune out of the shambles he inherited should be enough to encourage anyone with any doubt, This lot under Gio and Beale were miles and miles below standard in run of the mill games and we could all see it playing out that way and they got bagged rightly, but Clement is worth sticking by imo, we’re almost there and it’s murder at times but as a support we need to be patient. I believe this guy will deliver success, if he’s backed of course, and again I’ll reiterate he’s not above criticism but we need to alow him time to get it right. Today was on the players and far too many of the ones we’re supposed to rely on let us down again, stick with it bears and stick with the manager, he needs time and windows to sort this mess out, but it’ll come.

Fully expect abuse for this but bring it on.
No abuse from me, I think you're 100% spot on with your assessment. I wish others would remember what a shambles he walked into when Beale left.

So we expected to give them another £60m of a head start. Beale was sacked because he fell to far behind.
So we employed a proper manager, not a magician. He gave us hope and that's what hurts. But it's hope we didn't deserve after the first half of the season.

Beale was sacked cause he fell further behind but also lost a dressing room and blew a budget.

There are no similarities here,none

The warning signs are there again with this manager same way it has been with the last two gerrard being the exception. If he continues with the same core group next season he will be like the resy out the door before xmas. The players are serial losers but the club top to bottom something is not right and hasnt been for a long time and we are for me at the point i cant ever see us being the rangers a grew up watching and winning consistantly year in year out or having the period of domination for few years and vice versa just go out with a whimper and pull off an odd league win every so often. Something needs sorted within the club very quickly as the rangers mentality installed from the souness era and continued on for going on 30 years has gone
Full stops will help ur case pal

Clement has come in and inherited a bad lot, he’s over achieved with this squad if anything. I don’t for a second think he’s outside of criticism however the reality is the squad we have is inferior to theirs and you can add on to that the horrendous injuries we have had to key players, we’ve been treading water for months and punching well above our weigh but without the manager we’d have been dead and buried long before now.

Yes, it hurts but we’re only in a position where it hurts because of his efforts, not in spite imo. He’s squeezed every last drop out of a group that has ran its course long ago and even then it was never good enough, good servants need to be shipped and that’s sad but it’s necessary to progress. The fact this guy got a tune out of the shambles he inherited should be enough to encourage anyone with any doubt, This lot under Gio and Beale were miles and miles below standard in run of the mill games and we could all see it playing out that way and they got bagged rightly, but Clement is worth sticking by imo, we’re almost there and it’s murder at times but as a support we need to be patient. I believe this guy will deliver success, if he’s backed of course, and again I’ll reiterate he’s not above criticism but we need to alow him time to get it right. Today was on the players and far too many of the ones we’re supposed to rely on let us down again, stick with it bears and stick with the manager, he needs time and windows to sort this mess out, but it’ll come.

From all of those who got on that Rangers bus today, two can hold their head high: Sterling and Butland. The rest, including the manager, let us down. Tactics, line-up, set-pieces, substitutions? Bizarre.

We lost the league title when he sat down to pick his team for the last OF and included Wright and Lawrence.

The fact that he picked Lawrence again today just underlines the extent to which he’s not not understanding the assignment.

My personal opinion is that he won’t be a successful Rangers manager.
He's a massive part of the problem. I'll give home the coming window but I'm taking a leap of blind faith he comes good. Based on past form, He might now drop Lawrence and bring Dowell back in out of the blue for the cup final. Or maybe Cantwell is his flavour of the month again...Or desperation and Jack comes back for a wee swansong to boost his Scotland chances.
The only one he seems consistent in not playing is Raskin.

I was for Kevin Muscat truth be told , but the manager has done a decent job with the misfits he has at his disposal and we should judge him on what he can do with a fully fit squad with some additions.

He’s inherited a shit show. He has tried to get what he could from them this season. I’m sure he knows this too and wants to make changes asap.
We have a Cup Final to go for, if he can win it and we end the season with 2 trophies then we’ll have to satisfy ourselves with that, tough as it may be messing up the League.
After the Cup Final I think we will see what he really thinks of this squad and quickly.

Accepting second best so easily is not in my nature.

But each to their own.....

Who’s accepting second best? I’ve not read one post where folk are happy.

Posters like you though would rather brand people “happy clappers” because they don’t demand a manger be sacked every 6 months.

You don’t deserve any abuse but you’re in denial if you don’t think he is partly to blame. Style is awful and his press conferences are absolute waffle a lot of the time. Alarm bells ringing

And what happens once PC guts the squad and the serial losers are gone but performances and results are still garbage? Is that not on him either?

I would say PC has got more wrong than right since taking over.

We lost the league title when he sat down to pick his team for the last OF and included Wright and Lawrence.

The fact that he picked Lawrence again today just underlines the extent to which he’s not not understanding the assignment.

My personal opinion is that he won’t be a successful Rangers manager.
Exactly. We all knew the warning signs were there when we heard his pre match presser but every ostrich on here believes “don’t read into what he’s saying, big Phil knows the script, he’s just saying that to the press” sorry but people have to now admit that he’s not lying, what he says are his beliefs, which he’s entitled to but he’s miles away from understanding the importance of this fixture.

Any team that wins things has a reliable defence, leadership on the pitch , a fantastic goalkeeper , tough and creative midfield , and strikers who love to score goals , most of the time.

They also have a damn good manager who picks his best 11 , and wins the games that matter most. Being a Rangers manager requires flawless performance.

The squad is nothing , and the manager needs to be able to evidence his selection by the results and performances in pivotal games.

That squad of players still has a fulcrum of misfits , responsible for getting Giovanni the sack.
Clement should be worried, considering the achievement and contribution that Giovanni made in his short Rangers managerial career. Ultimately, counted not a jot to the board , when they were faced with a demand for financial investment , for player renewal .

The board went for the cheaper , and questionable populist option , sometimes advocated by prominent Rangers people who didn’t like the personality of the Gio at public relations.

The illogical explanation for the upturn in European qualification , and first European final, or Scottish cup triumph in recent memory , was that Giovanni was a “ good cup manager” . Not good enough standard to win a title . I disagreed with this assessment then, and still do now.

The legacy players of Gerrard required removal. The board knew it , and didn’t want to invest as the business case was made to them .

Clement must demand real investment in the squad. He too will become conveniently expendable for all concerned in the executive hierarchy of Rangers .

Who watched our 2 man midfield get dominated by their 3 man midfield twice, then picked a 2 man midfield again today and watched them get dominated by their 3 man midfield again, until one of them scored the opening goal?

Meanwhile a guy who could've made it a more solid, energetic, 3 man midfield to match up to them was wasted out on the wing, while 2 wingers sat on the bench.

Who was it that picked that and why is it not his fault? Open your eyes man.
I wish I could argue with this, but I can't.

I’m afraid it’s not that he doesn’t learn - with his demeanour it’s stubborn - I’ll give it till next season but he, I think will stick to this formation and hope better players carry it off.

We have him credit for the great start to his reign as manager but he must take responsibility here.

The worrying trend is not learning.
Not seeing things everyone else can see ~ such as the midfield set up against them. No guarantee another formation would fare better but my god why doesn’t he try? Just keeps repeating same tactics.

And a small personal gripe about not learning…. Pick Scott wright, get let down badly. Bring Scott wright on as a sub, get let down badly. Pick Scott wright, get let down badly. Bring Scott wright on as a sub, again! And so on….

He’s the guy who took the job, and confidently assured everyone, that he could turn Beale’s no-hopers into the dominant team jn Scotland. He has so far, failed to achieve that. Failing to beat your fiercest rivals on a single occasion, is nothing to be shouting about. One day, it would be nice, to be ACTUAL victors, in this city.

How has he overachieved? I don't think anyone can look at the drop points record and say he has been better than Beale, when Beale was also able to beat them, dead rubber or not. Beale was criticised for losing 'the big games', Clement has been the same in the league, plus he drops to the dross.

Beale: Celtic D, Celtic L, Hearts D, Kilmarnock L, Celtic L, Aberdeen L

Clement: Aberdeen D, Celtic L, Motherwell L, Celtic D, Ross County L, Dundee D, Celtic L

We're walking into the same situation as Gio and Beale, ignoring the huge red flags because 'he needs his own players'.
Bang on

The players, repeatedly underperforming when we know they can do it against higher opposition. It’s a weak mentality which has set in through the squad. Gerrard had us beating them with arguably worse players.
Aye, against a dud manager.

I'll give the manager a rating in November. He's had the beale wasters thrust onto him. Silk purse, pigs ear

So every single old firm he's been in charge of we have given them a 2 0 lead

And every single game we have deployed the same old formation and tactics

And it's NOT on the manager?
A clearance cum goal, and lundstrum howler, let’s give the manger the transfer window to properly put the stamp on it, then take from there.

Of course it’s on him.just an another Geo clone is what he is.unfortunately.

He’s been here for 7 months.

The result of his work every day on the training ground is hopeful hoofball.

He’s implemented zero playing patterns and no style of play whatsoever, and is threatening to implode at any point when the pressure has been on.

We’re going absolutely nowhere under him.

Watch McInnes set up his Killie side on Wednesday and likely get some form of result.

The fact is in this league - if you can play with reasonably good structure, tactics, work rate and combine that with better players you win the majority of games.

Clement had the new manager bounce but since February we have been absolutely terrible with baffling team selections and tactics.

I am still perplexed at his decision not to change it at h/t vs County when every man and his dog could see where the game was heading.

He HAS to take some responsibility for this mess.

I'm far from convinced by him.

Another who talks the talk.
Seems that way mate. Talks a great game but can't implement it on the pitch. As of yet.Gonna have to give him a summer transfer window, pre-season Friendlies and the first couple of matches to see for absolute certain if he's the Deal.

Gerrard's first win had Halliday at left back, Jack, Arfield and McCrorie in midfield and Candeias running in a straight line up and down the right wing. Our two subs that day were Flanagan and Coulibaly.
Team line-ups SG's first Old Firm win

Back