It’s the end of the road for Tav, Goldson and several others

You'll never find me waxing lyrical about him, you'll also not find me criticising him until he let everyone down last week in the 1st minute v the beggars.
I trust the manager who will want to be a success here.
No chance he will be here.
He's done.
Serial loser.
He's a weak link targeted by opposition managers every game.
Old guard all need removed.
Each to their own. Lets wait and see hoe the next 6 games pan out and what the manager wants to do. I trust him and that will either prove to be correct or not.

Full clear out needed.

There's no nice way of saying some of these things. Tav is not a right back. If the club wants to keep him then its pushed forward into midfield or it's nothing. Goldson is prone to making some shocking errors. Barasic is at the end of his career with the club. Davies isnt good enough to be part of the squad.

Midfield? Lundstram might be able to fill a role, but it would have to be on realistic wages. I don't rate Raskin. He's shown absolutely nothing since we signed him to suggest that he'll ever meet his own ambitions, never mind ours. I hope that Diomande is an option to buy rather than an obligation, because it's one I wouldn't be taking advantage of. Dowell has never really been fit since signing for us. The Todd Cantwell that exists in his own head is nothing like the one that actually pulls on the jersey.

Up front? I wasn't convinced by Danilo before his injury and Dessers is not a striker who'll win us the title.

There's very little to actually build round in that squad. Almost nothing. Butland is a very good keeper. Souttar as a squad option isn't terrible. Yilmaz has improved this season and is worth sticking with. Sterling is ok as a versatile squad player. McAusland has potential. Thats about it. Thats about the sum total of current Rangers first team squad players you'd want to have in the squad next season. Clearly a rebuilding job of that magnitude in the space of 1 transfer window isn't going to happen, but thats how bad this Rangers squad is.
I agree pretty much with all of this.

I do think there is a better player in Cantwell than what we are seeing currently and hopefully with a full pre season and better players around him he can take his game to a better level.

I said in another post the only two players I’d be really happy seeing start for Rangers next year would be Butland and Sterling (in a natural position whether that be RB or CM). If any of the rest were sold, released, loaned out I wouldn’t blink an eye.

It is,

It is going to become toxic towards them, it is staggeringly naive to think much other than that.

Unlikely but if a bid comes in for them and we can get the wages of the books, it is time to move on from it.

If they move on the worst that could happen is, we regularly finish second and win the odd trophy now and then

It is also looking like the trend in football at the moment is seeing fullbacks becoming slightly redundant to some extent, you don't see many teams who rely on a fullback as heavily as we do

Will be interesting to see if there are any changes defensively tomorrow. Hopefully Ridvan will be fit but his days rather than weeks away seems to have become weeks.

I'd be inclined to remove Goldson from the 11 as he's been very poor of late - happy with ball at feet but can't tackle, useless in the air and struggles with the pace required to cover for Tavernier when he meanders back from attack.

Would rather see Balogun and Souttar - both of whom have some pace about them.

We really have to start being more clinical in front of goal also but it's difficult to see that changing with Dessers. While Roofe isn't to be trusted to show up or make an impact.

Goldson has regressed this season at an alarming level. I’ve been a big fan but happy to see him depart in the summer

Tav I cannot put in the same bracket. He had a stinking first half against the mentally challengeds but far better second half and a constant driving force at getting us back into that game. Poor at the weekend.

But he’s still a major contributor to the team and the idea that we sell him and bring in a new RB and we are a better team for it is just fantasy.

He’s constantly the scapegoat for any bad result. A lot of our fans on social media are embarrassing, I even seen some balloons for real stating Mo Ross and Bonnisel would be remembered more fondly than him ffs. Some of the idiots are the same folk that will happily claim one game wonders like Silva etc are superb.

I heard a few callers on the Clyde phone in say as much and it's impossible to disagree - he's not offering anything at the moment.

Is a no win situation for Clement, mind.

If Balogun comes in and doesn't play well it's damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I really don't think we can continue with Goldson though.

I’m hoping the Saudi links are true and he can go with his held high for big money in the summer hopefully as a league winner again.
I think Saudi is our only hope of getting any money for Tav.

If any teams from down South or Europe were going to come in for him it would have been long before now.

Failing any bids, he personally wouldn’t be my first choice right back next season. I also don’t think playing right midfield with his back to play would suit him but I would be happier giving that a go than another season as him being the first choice right back. If he can’t play there he becomes a squad player for me at best.

Balogun coming in for Goldson is an obvious change tomorrow night, the managers got to be ruthless here and take him out of the firing line during this crisis of confidence.

Hopefully Ridvan is able to come in for Borna too who looks to have completely checked out already.

It wouldnt have stopped the goal vs that lot. That was a terrible mistake but was also a monumental fluke. It happens to the best players in the world, of which Tav obviously isnt. Having better players who want to take even a shred of his responsibility would help in games like Sunday though. And, without him, game like sunday would be irrelevant as we wouldnt be in anything resembling a title fight.
I keep seeing people trying to make an excuse by calling it a fluke, but at the end of the day it’s caused by Tav’s incompetence.

There’s a mentality problem which has been seeping through each squad, each season and it’s down to the loser and weak mentality of the senior players. Who’s been there all this time and been a failure when it comes to trophies ? Tav and then Goldson.

As I’ve said before, he can score all the goals he likes, but when you’re a loser who fails to win trophies year after year, you won’t be remembered as a “legend” at this club.

I think Saudi is our only hope of getting any money for Tav.

If any teams from down South or Europe were going to come in for him it would have been long before now.

Failing any bids, he personally wouldn’t be my first choice right back next season. I also don’t think playing right midfield with his back to play would suit him but I would be happier giving that a go than another season as him being the first choice right back. If he can’t play there he becomes a squad player for me at best.

Apparently English clubs have came in for him but he rejected the moves. I think Tav likes being a big fish in a small pond tbh.

The series losers have had their final chance.

We need a refresh and total rebuild. Fxck knows where we're getting the money for it but it needs done.

As it stands, we have won the only available trophy so far.

Potentially 1 point behind in the league meaning it’s in our hands.

In the semi-final of the Scottish cup

We may finish the season with 1 trophy, 2 or 3.

The “serial losers” have not had their final chance, that will happen over the coming weeks.

Both of them are the wrong side of 30 and Goldson in particular seems to have went massively downhill. Whether that’s due to him playing constantly this season and he’s burnt out or he’s just past his peak, who knows. Regardless both have been absolutely abysmal the past couple of games and Goldson hasn’t been on it for a while now.

While I’d say we’ve nothing to lose given the title is at stake, starting the two of them when it’s clear their form has fallen off a cliff and expecting anything to improve is mental. I’d start Balogun tomorrow and either have him on the right or move Souttar there. One of the two may very well work better alongside Tav in covering for him defensively.

Every year this group march us to the top of the hill and every year we come tumbling back down again .would 2 cups be enough for the Bear necessities ?.

Apparently English clubs have came in for him but he rejected the moves. I think Tav likes being a big fish in a small pond tbh.
He moved around a fair bit before coming to us so I don't blame him for wanting to settle somewhere - I think on the whole he's been very very good for us but defending is not his strength.

At 32 he may begin to suffer more injuries, he's clearly lost some pace whether that's an age thing or the fact he's bulked up so much I don't know but we will need to look at other options in the very near future.

Every year this group march us to the top of the hill and every year we come tumbling back down again .would 2 cups be enough for the Bear necessities ?.

My view on it would be,

Start of the season pre Kilmarnock, no, we needed to win the league under Beale, personal view.

When Clement arrived, two cups would have been incredible.

Heading into the game against them at Ibrox, it had to be the league.

Two cups now is a failing from these players now, it's not on Clement.

Not winning this league against this Celtic side needs to see heads roll, and it needs to be key earners now, it can't keep falling on recruitment around them every single time

Goldson has regressed this season at an alarming level. I’ve been a big fan but happy to see him depart in the summer

Tav I cannot put in the same bracket. He had a stinking first half against the mentally challengeds but far better second half and a constant driving force at getting us back into that game. Poor at the weekend.

But he’s still a major contributor to the team and the idea that we sell him and bring in a new RB and we are a better team for it is just fantasy.

He’s constantly the scapegoat for any bad result. A lot of our fans on social media are embarrassing, I even seen some balloons for real stating Mo Ross and Bonnisel would be remembered more fondly than him ffs. Some of the idiots are the same folk that will happily claim one game wonders like Silva etc are superb.
Tav has cost us a load of goals this season and we cannot afford to lose them as we miss so many chances. Goldson is finished. Tav and Goldson in the same defence costs us so much and so often.

Tav must be some figure in the confines of the dressing room. What do manager after manager see to keep faith in him ?

Goldson there’s nothing you can really add any more. A dreadful player in every respect.

I'm not sure to what degree managers can just rip things up and start from scratch. Especially when they are coming in halfway through a season to take charge of a demoralised squad.

An ideal pre season would see Barisic, Goldson, Tav and Lundstram all going out and being replaced by better but I don't know how many managers in football would be willing to go down that route with us.

Poor scouting has cost us. We won the league and basically didn't back Gerrard at all. Then we didn't really back GVB either. When Beale came in we finally spent a decent bit of money but it seems like it was spent in all the wrong places.

In hindsight I wonder if we should have just kept Sakala and Colak and spent the Dessers, Danilo and Lammers money elsewhere in the team.

It's a complete mess.

Balogun coming in for Goldson is an obvious change tomorrow night, the managers got to be ruthless here and take him out of the firing line during this crisis of confidence.

Hopefully Ridvan is able to come in for Borna too who looks to have completely checked out already.

Not happening now.

Tav has cost us a load of goals this season and we cannot afford to lose them as we miss so many chances. Goldson is finished. Tav and Goldson in the same defence costs us so much and so often.
I think Goldson needs taken out.However ime not sure that the Tav narrative is actually true.I will give you the Maeda one,he should have dealt with it earlier but ime really struggling to remember "loads" of others.
He is stronger going forward but any defensive frailties are greatly exaggerated imo.
The positives far outweigh any negatives with him.

We’ve not lost the league yet, just fücking go for it in the every game now until the end of the season, leave nothing on the pitch, Phil needs to install a siege mentality in every game now, I’d rather get beat trying like fũck than give up without a fight…

Everyone hates us , let’s make them really hate us..

Win all our remaining games and we win the league…

Back 4 tomorrow night
Tav Goldson Souttar Borna
We should have more than enough for Dundee tomorrow night imo,

We’ve not lost the league yet, just fücking go for it in the every game now until the end of the season, leave nothing on the pitch, Phil needs to install a siege mentality in every game now, I’d rather get beat trying like fũck than give up without a fight…

Everyone hates us , let’s make them really hate us..

Win all our remaining games and we win the league…
This whole ‘leave nothing on the pitch’ thing.

%^*& all to do with the fans. Look at that second half performance on Sunday - it’s abundantly clear that the players aren’t prepared to do it.

Don’t be getting your hopes up.

It is,

It is going to become toxic towards them, it is staggeringly naive to think much other than that.

Unlikely but if a bid comes in for them and we can get the wages of the books, it is time to move on from it.

If they move on the worst that could happen is, we regularly finish second and win the odd trophy now and then

It is also looking like the trend in football at the moment is seeing fullbacks becoming slightly redundant to some extent, you don't see many teams who rely on a fullback as heavily as we do
I was talking about this tonight to a mate who is a season ticket holder and loves every player and they just have bad days, they happen etc and we will cruise the league

Conversation went along the lines off

Pal - split fixtures are looking good, pump Dundee tomorrow and we’re back

Me - are we age

Pal - do you not agree, just beat them at the peado dome and it’s won

Me - really, are you really sure the old guard will do something they have never done since Gerrard was here! And even then it was only twice! Why in fact I’ll take your attitude and agree, we will pump them

Pal - if we don’t then I’ll be raging they blew this

Me - did you forget about the Motherwell game, never mind Ross county

Pal - awe aye, what was barasic all about on Sunday

Me - shat it, bored, eye elsewhere, not interested take your pick

Pal - I wonder how his send off will be at the end of the season

Me - toxic I would think

This whole ‘leave nothing on the pitch’ thing.

%^*& all to do with the fans. Look at that second half performance on Sunday - it’s abundantly clear that the players aren’t prepared to do it.

Don’t be getting your hopes up.
Where did I mention the fans ?

What’s wrong with a bit of positivity, we’ve not lost the league yet.. as I said , I’d rather get beat trying…

Where did I mention the fans ?

What’s wrong with a bit of positivity, we’ve not lost the league yet.. as I said , I’d rather get beat trying…
Our players allowed themselves to be outworked, outfought and outplayed against Ross County.

Where’s the positivity coming from, beyond blind hope?

I was talking about this tonight to a mate who is a season ticket holder and loves every player and they just have bad days, they happen etc and we will cruise the league

Conversation went along the lines off

Pal - split fixtures are looking good, pump Dundee tomorrow and we’re back

Me - are we age

Pal - do you not agree, just beat them at the peado dome and it’s won

Me - really, are you really sure the old guard will do something they have never done since Gerrard was here! And even then it was only twice! Why in fact I’ll take your attitude and agree, we will pump them

Pal - if we don’t then I’ll be raging they blew this

Me - did you forget about the Motherwell game, never mind Ross county

Pal - awe aye, what was barasic all about on Sunday

Me - shat it, bored, eye elsewhere, not interested take your pick

Pal - I wonder how his send off will be at the end of the season

Me - toxic I would think
It would be.

It’s one of the reasons I wouldn’t be adverse to Tavernier in particular leaving. As much for his sake soon as ours.

I think it’s wrong if people don’t enjoy a lot of his contribution to us

55, Seville, it’s incredible, amazing, fantastic. We all know, we were all there and we have all been told a lot.

But, there is a lot, and I mean a lot of scar tissue now, and that wound started to scab over slightly the last few months, but it won’t take much for it to bleed again.

If Tav, Goldson are with us next season and we go into it without a league win this year, people who thought those two got the blame for every bad result the last few years might find out how wrong they actually were. They would both be the absolute lightning rod for every single frustration, every time.

I wouldn’t want to see the end game to all of this play out like that, if we don’t win the league we should be doing all we can to move them on and start with a clean slate and claim back the salary for rebuilding.

It’s reaching a stage it would just be the healthy thing for both parties.

You need to pick up more points in the old firm fixtures to win the league, you need to beat them to win trophies and you need to have the best defence to win the league.

We've had Tav and Goldson as our right side of defence for 5 full seasons and won 1 title. Its not an unfortunate coincidence. In the 13 games against them since Gerrard left no one has been more at fault for chances, goals and points lost to celtic than those 2.

Everyone in Scotland, bar half the Rangers support, can see the right side of defence is and always has been our weakest link. It's where celtic overwhelmingly get most of their joy against us, and there hasn't been a period thats proved that as much as these last 13 games against them post Gerrard have. Motherwell and Ross County saw it and both exploited it to beat us.

Tav is superb when we're at a certain level. When the league is done, or we're miles behind, that's when you see Tav at his sparkling best. Pressure free. The problem is when we've caught up and given ourselves a genuine chance, that's when Tav and Goldson buckle under the pressure.

No rebuild will be worth the effort if we don't get rid of these 2.

I agree pretty much with all of this.

I do think there is a better player in Cantwell than what we are seeing currently and hopefully with a full pre season and better players around him he can take his game to a better level.

I said in another post the only two players I’d be really happy seeing start for Rangers next year would be Butland and Sterling (in a natural position whether that be RB or CM). If any of the rest were sold, released, loaned out I wouldn’t blink an eye.
There’s a sort of a buzz/aura around Cantwell (partly due to stupid spats he gets involved in) that his performances & actual contributions don’t merit & this has led to the belief that he can produce moments of magic, and I don’t think he can.

Am not writing him off or saying he’s a poor player, and I can see that he’s working hard, but I can also understand how he could drift out of the picture at Norwich.

We probably won’t get a meaningful offer for him, but if we did I think I would take it.

Any time there’s any sort of serious pressure the same players let us down and fickle fans fall for it season after season

There’s a sort of a buzz/aura around Cantwell (partly due to stupid spats he gets involved in) that his performances & actual contributions don’t merit & this has led to the belief that he can produce moments of magic, and I don’t think he can.

Am not writing him off or saying he’s a poor player, and I can see that he’s working hard, but I can also understand how he could drift out of the picture at Norwich.

We probably won’t get a meaningful offer for him, but if we did I think I would take it.
I would aswell If the offer was decent enough I just thnk there is a better player in there than we are seeing at present.

He seemed to hit the ground running and was turning in 7 or 8 out of 10’s frequently when Beale brought him in.

Before his injury he had contributed a few goals aswell.

I remember watching him in the premiership when he came through at Norwich and he was brilliant albeit that seems like a lifetime ago now.

Back