It’s time to be sensible here

So you want another new manager appointed ?

If we don’t get off to a flyer next season, playing with attacking intent and purpose, with players interchanging, and recognisable patterns of play that have evidently been worked on, it won’t just be me that wants him gone.

Fail to beat them in this final, and the first Old Firm game is at the Piggery next season, we are in huge trouble.

No need to get so defensive. It was a general point about posters who demand managers get sacked but go all shy when they're asked who they'd like in charge. You're not the only one.
I will get stick for saying this but if McInnes was appointed last year we would probably have walked the league. Far from being an impossible job this year turned into an open goal the way the season played out after Beale left.

Since March we have played 8 league games and won 3 drawn 2 and lost 3. Its been a complete collapse as soon as we started to play teams for the second time under Clement. Teams figured out our long ball system and how easy it is to play against and the manager has refused to change it.

No need to get so defensive. It was a general point about posters who demand managers get sacked but go all shy when they're asked who they'd like in charge. You're not the only one.

Kjetil Knutsen, Will Still, Francesco Farioli, Jacob Neestrup.

All up and coming managers who play progressive, aggressive, attacking football with purpose.

Managers who actually improve players.

Older, experienced guys currently without a club who are excellent coaches with proven track records like Jorge Sampaoli, Steve Cooper, Bruno Labbadia, Lucien Favre, Mircea Lucescu.

Again, I don’t know if any or all of these are attainable. But we are a huge club with massive resources relatively speaking.

If we can afford to pay Goldson, Roofe, Tavernier and Lawrence 100k a week, we can afford a top class manager.

I was under the impression that identifying a suitable manager to progress us as a club were the people that are paid hundreds of thousands of pounds of our money to do so, but I stand corrected.

All up and coming managers who play progressive, aggressive, attacking football with purpose.

Older, experienced guys currently without a club who are excellent coaches with proven track records like Jorge Sampaoli, Steve Cooper, Bruno Labbadia, Lucien Favre, Mircea Lucescu.

Again, I don’t know if any or all of these are attainable. But we are a huge club with massive resources relatively speaking.

I was under the impression that identifying a suitable manager to progress us as a club were the people that are paid hundreds of thousands of pounds of our money to do so, but I stand corrected.
You've taken my post very personally haven't you?

It wasn't intended to be taken that way. You can relax.

Some good managers in there. Most of them probably out of our reach though. Who knows.

You've taken my post very personally haven't you?

You’re the third person on here who’s told me you can’t have an opinion about the club you love and help to finance unless you have an alternative.

I’ve provided alternatives and you’re still greeting.

If we don’t get off to a flyer next season, playing with attacking intent and purpose, with players interchanging, and recognisable patterns of play that have evidently been worked on, it won’t just be me that wants him gone.

Fail to beat them in this final, and the first Old Firm game is at the Piggery next season, we are in huge trouble.
Aye, keep going down this route, sacking managers mid season

I'll ask you again , do you want a new manager in now?

You’re the third person on here who’s told me you can’t have an opinion about the club you love and help to finance unless you have an alternative.

I’ve provided alternatives and you’re still greeting.
So if we appointed one of those managers and in the first seven months they got us to a cup final, won us another cup and in league games achieved more points than the eventual winners over the same period all with an inherited squad of players and with a huge injury list would you want them sacked?

I will get stick for saying this but if McInnes was appointed last year we would probably have walked the league. Far from being an impossible job this year turned into an open goal the way the season played out after Beale left.

Since March we have played 8 league games and won 3 drawn 2 and lost 3. Its been a complete collapse as soon as we started to play teams for the second time under Clement. Teams figured out our long ball system and how easy it is to play against and the manager has refused to change it.
If we get rid of our present manager, then I think we might as well go for mciness.

Tbh, I don't think Phil has the confidence in our players to play it out from the back, but in Scotland and England for that matter, unless you are very good at it, then it's not easy.

Watched spurs trying this last week and getting into a mess against Liverpool, playing this way. Abroad, they tend to get time to play out, not over here though. Made a good point about this with Burnley on motd last night. Showed you the amount of times they lost stupid goals by trying to play this way also, goals which could have been avoided by playing the long ball at times. Could have been enough for them to stay up.

I’ve saw a few threads on here since yesterday and honestly, the amount of utter nonsense I’ve seen people say is incredible. Some are actually wanting Clement to be sacked! God knows what these people had to drink yesterday. I get there’s nothing worse than losing to the scum as a Rangers supporter but it’s time for common sense to prevail here.

The club is suffering from total negligence by the Rangers board that’s been there for years now. After Steven Gerrard won us the league, that was the time to kick on. We had Celtic exactly where we wanted them and they had a full blown rebuild after the shambles under The Lurgan Bigot with an unknown fat gravy guzzling Aussie appointed. That was after months of chasing Eddie Howe btw which he told them to bolt. By backing Gerrard who clearly had Celtic’s number while in charge, we could’ve won another title and sealed automatic champions league football while Celtic would’ve had to qualify which their record in Europe in the last two decades suggests they’d have most likely humped it. We could’ve honestly buried them for years to come. Instead the club didn’t back Gerrard despite making some promises which he looked so happy about discussions with the board the day we held our 55th title. Gerrard then decided to take the Aston Villa job mid way through the season.

We then appointed Giovanni van Bronckhorst to replace him and Gio had to watch the side from the stands put in a disgusting display at Hampden against Hibs. Gio then took the reigns, had his honeymoon period which saw us go 6 points clear of Celtic before the winter break and Old Firm game was moved to benefit the scum who were absolutely dead on their feet and riddled with injuries. But then after the winter break, the usual suspect losers who threw Gerrard under the bus before lockdown and 55 when the pressure was on then threw Gio under the bus, threw away a 6 point lead, got embarrassed at Parkhead and it all changed from there to now. Celtic with the unknown fat Aussie won the title in their rebuild year.

However, Gio papered some cracks elsewhere and got that side to a European Final, giving us some of the best nights you’ll ever see at Ibrox. Financially that run was beneficial for the club in so many ways. We lost on penalties which still hurts to this day but it’s a run I’ll always be grateful of seeing. Gio then finished the season off by winning the Scottish Cup against Hearts and then headed into the summer with a lot of the squad needing refreshed.

We then sold Aribo and Bassey in the summer for about a combined 30 million and that type of cash should’ve saw us back Gio majorly. But instead Ross Wilson is allowed to recruit some players Gio clearly didn’t fancy. We also actually gave a new contract to Allan McGregor who was clearly finished and neglected the goalkeeping position, a new contract to Connor Goldson and made him our highest paid player simply because no one else wanted him. We also instead of selling Ryan Kent and Alfredo Morelos who were another two clear assets, we allowed their contracts to run down.

Gio however had a decent start to the following season and actually went away to PSV, beat them and got us into the Champions League through the qualifiers. Once again, there’s more money for the club and a chance to back Gio before the window closed. Yet what happened? We signed no one after he did that and chucked him under a bus right before we were due to play Celtic at the piggery. Then the beginning of the end for Gio happened as we went to Parkhead and got embarrassed again and got worse in the league, falling 9 points behind before the winter break. Then we also got embarrassed in the Champions League, becoming the statistically the worst side in the competitions history. Gio lost his job and a guy who actually disgustingly came up here while Gio was under pressure and whored himself out while managing another club ended up getting the job.

Michael Beale comes in, wins games with the league already gone so there wasn’t much pressure on him. But then there’s two games last season the pressure was really on him and that was in both cups to Celtic which he of course lost and Celtic went on to seal their 5th treble in 7 years.

Then Park, Wilson and Robertson all leave the club and John Bennett is made chairman and James Bisgrove is made CEO. The first thing they do? Instead of getting a sporting director in immediately, they give Michael Beale full control of recruitment and allow him to waste money on utter dross like Cifuentes and Lammers. Beale also keeps the usual suspect losers at the club and then starts this season off poor, getting sacked rightfully after losing 3 of our first 7 league games and failing to qualify for the Champions League.

Then we appoint Big Phil. From the off, the man spoke very well and said he wasn’t a magician. Then the longer he’s been here, he’s called out the poor fitness he inherited and also said he’s never seen injuries at one club as bad as it is at Rangers. Then before we played Hearts a few weeks back, the manager said we’ve gotten to the bottom of why these injuries are happening and that’s clearly going to take a pre season this summer to fix it. Phil’s been honest from day one unlike Beale who was a total, compulsive liar.

Let’s be honest with ourselves too, between October - March, I honestly believe Clement had this very poor squad Beale left behind massively overperforming which saw us win the League Cup, get to the Europa League last 16 by winning away to Real Betis and made a league that looked dead and buried into a fight at least. If we stuck with Beale or appointed another dud manager like Beale was, we’d have probably lost to Hearts in the semi of the League Cup never mind the final against Aberdeen, we’d have been Europa Conference bound and the scum would’ve probably won the league by about 20 points.

We’re still feeling the affects of piss poor recruitment and player trading at the right time over the years. We’re also clearly still feeling the affects of the awful appointment of Michael Beale who should never have gotten the job in the first place. Beale kept far too many duds and losers last summer, making Clement’s job when he replaced him even harder.

Big Phil deserves our support and backing 100% and he needs full support from Bennett, Bisgrove and Koppen this summer. If he’s given that, I fully trust him to get this right and fix this utter mess that was left to him.
Fantastic post this. I’d been trying to write my own thoughts but couldn’t find a way to articulate it but you’ve done it perfectly here. This is exactly what the situation is. The neglect has been fucking shambolic.

One thing I’d say is in regards to your second last paragraph and keeping too many duds around. Obviously PC is not going to slate players in public or mention that he doesn’t want them whilst we still have games to play, but his comments on Lundstram are alarming. I fear that once again the required surgery won’t be performed on this squad again and we’ll all be saying the same thing this time next year or earlier.

So if we appointed one of those managers and in the first seven months they got us to a cup final, won us another cup and in league games achieved more points than the eventual winners over the same period all with an inherited squad of players and with a huge injury list would you want them sacked?

I don’t want him sacked yet, unless an improvement was immediately available.

Top managers don’t take jobs mid way through a season, so when the inevitable happens and it goes tits up in October, we’ll be in the same position.

I just don’t see how we go from what we are watching now to an aggressive, dominant Rangers side.

Celtic are garbage, and have had lengthy injuries to their top players as well.

They’ve dropped 5 points to Kilmarnock with a game still to play against them, and 6 points to Hearts in the time he’s been here.

Let’s not pretend he’s worked some sort of miracle.

If we get rid of our present manager, then I think we might as well go for mciness.

Tbh, I don't think Phil has the confidence in our players to play it out from the back, but in Scotland and England for that matter, unless you are very good at it, then it's not easy.

Watched spurs trying this last week and getting into a mess against Liverpool, playing this way. Abroad, they tend to get time to play out, not over here though. Made a good point about this with Burnley on motd last night. Showed you the amount of times they lost stupid goals by trying to play this way also, goals which could have been avoided by playing the long ball at times. Could have been enough for them to stay up.
The refusal to change the system at any club is always what costs a manager no matter what level. The best in world at the moment is Pep and Ancelotti, both successful in numerous countries and clubs and have constantly changed how they played throughout the years with different players.

I’ve saw a few threads on here since yesterday and honestly, the amount of utter nonsense I’ve seen people say is incredible. Some are actually wanting Clement to be sacked! God knows what these people had to drink yesterday. I get there’s nothing worse than losing to the scum as a Rangers supporter but it’s time for common sense to prevail here.

The club is suffering from total negligence by the Rangers board that’s been there for years now. After Steven Gerrard won us the league, that was the time to kick on. We had Celtic exactly where we wanted them and they had a full blown rebuild after the shambles under The Lurgan Bigot with an unknown fat gravy guzzling Aussie appointed. That was after months of chasing Eddie Howe btw which he told them to bolt. By backing Gerrard who clearly had Celtic’s number while in charge, we could’ve won another title and sealed automatic champions league football while Celtic would’ve had to qualify which their record in Europe in the last two decades suggests they’d have most likely humped it. We could’ve honestly buried them for years to come. Instead the club didn’t back Gerrard despite making some promises which he looked so happy about discussions with the board the day we held our 55th title. Gerrard then decided to take the Aston Villa job mid way through the season.

We then appointed Giovanni van Bronckhorst to replace him and Gio had to watch the side from the stands put in a disgusting display at Hampden against Hibs. Gio then took the reigns, had his honeymoon period which saw us go 6 points clear of Celtic before the winter break and Old Firm game was moved to benefit the scum who were absolutely dead on their feet and riddled with injuries. But then after the winter break, the usual suspect losers who threw Gerrard under the bus before lockdown and 55 when the pressure was on then threw Gio under the bus, threw away a 6 point lead, got embarrassed at Parkhead and it all changed from there to now. Celtic with the unknown fat Aussie won the title in their rebuild year.

However, Gio papered some cracks elsewhere and got that side to a European Final, giving us some of the best nights you’ll ever see at Ibrox. Financially that run was beneficial for the club in so many ways. We lost on penalties which still hurts to this day but it’s a run I’ll always be grateful of seeing. Gio then finished the season off by winning the Scottish Cup against Hearts and then headed into the summer with a lot of the squad needing refreshed.

We then sold Aribo and Bassey in the summer for about a combined 30 million and that type of cash should’ve saw us back Gio majorly. But instead Ross Wilson is allowed to recruit some players Gio clearly didn’t fancy. We also actually gave a new contract to Allan McGregor who was clearly finished and neglected the goalkeeping position, a new contract to Connor Goldson and made him our highest paid player simply because no one else wanted him. We also instead of selling Ryan Kent and Alfredo Morelos who were another two clear assets, we allowed their contracts to run down.

Gio however had a decent start to the following season and actually went away to PSV, beat them and got us into the Champions League through the qualifiers. Once again, there’s more money for the club and a chance to back Gio before the window closed. Yet what happened? We signed no one after he did that and chucked him under a bus right before we were due to play Celtic at the piggery. Then the beginning of the end for Gio happened as we went to Parkhead and got embarrassed again and got worse in the league, falling 9 points behind before the winter break. Then we also got embarrassed in the Champions League, becoming the statistically the worst side in the competitions history. Gio lost his job and a guy who actually disgustingly came up here while Gio was under pressure and whored himself out while managing another club ended up getting the job.

Michael Beale comes in, wins games with the league already gone so there wasn’t much pressure on him. But then there’s two games last season the pressure was really on him and that was in both cups to Celtic which he of course lost and Celtic went on to seal their 5th treble in 7 years.

Then Park, Wilson and Robertson all leave the club and John Bennett is made chairman and James Bisgrove is made CEO. The first thing they do? Instead of getting a sporting director in immediately, they give Michael Beale full control of recruitment and allow him to waste money on utter dross like Cifuentes and Lammers. Beale also keeps the usual suspect losers at the club and then starts this season off poor, getting sacked rightfully after losing 3 of our first 7 league games and failing to qualify for the Champions League.

Then we appoint Big Phil. From the off, the man spoke very well and said he wasn’t a magician. Then the longer he’s been here, he’s called out the poor fitness he inherited and also said he’s never seen injuries at one club as bad as it is at Rangers. Then before we played Hearts a few weeks back, the manager said we’ve gotten to the bottom of why these injuries are happening and that’s clearly going to take a pre season this summer to fix it. Phil’s been honest from day one unlike Beale who was a total, compulsive liar.

Let’s be honest with ourselves too, between October - March, I honestly believe Clement had this very poor squad Beale left behind massively overperforming which saw us win the League Cup, get to the Europa League last 16 by winning away to Real Betis and made a league that looked dead and buried into a fight at least. If we stuck with Beale or appointed another dud manager like Beale was, we’d have probably lost to Hearts in the semi of the League Cup never mind the final against Aberdeen, we’d have been Europa Conference bound and the scum would’ve probably won the league by about 20 points.

We’re still feeling the affects of piss poor recruitment and player trading at the right time over the years. We’re also clearly still feeling the affects of the awful appointment of Michael Beale who should never have gotten the job in the first place. Beale kept far too many duds and losers last summer, making Clement’s job when he replaced him even harder.

Big Phil deserves our support and backing 100% and he needs full support from Bennett, Bisgrove and Koppen this summer. If he’s given that, I fully trust him to get this right and fix this utter mess that was left to him.
Great post mate well said.

A bit of sense in amongst the madness

I don’t want him sacked yet, unless an improvement was immediately available.

Top managers don’t take jobs mid way through a season, so when the inevitable happens and it goes tits up in October, we’ll be in the same position.

I just don’t see how we go from what we are watching now to an aggressive, dominant Rangers side.

Celtic are garbage, and have had lengthy injuries to their top players as well.

They’ve dropped 5 points to Kilmarnock with a game still to play against them, and 6 points to Hearts in the time he’s been here.

Let’s not pretend he’s worked some sort of miracle.
I don’t think anyone is saying he’s worked a miracle - I’m certainly not.

Thing is I share your frustration but we also have to be realistic. We are in a mess and it’s going to take longer than seven months, longer than a year and maybe even longer to sort this out.
The board have appointed Clement and they will stick by him.
We have tried the quick fixes with previous managers and it hasn’t worked.

Pretty much sums up everything

The recruitment has been poor but it was ultimately the board decision on how much we had to recruit

The covid season I get to extent as they v told us we were waiting for the insurance to pay up but that was the summer to have one last investment push we didn't

We had a chance after seville again we didn't

Where we are ultimately falls on the board but they have thrown managers under the bus

Even Wilson/Robertson not that they didn't need to go but they did it a way to deflect from remainder of the board.

The investors and board have for many things right and deserve praise for that but on the football side they have been really bad since park became chairman he was cut costs no matter what hence Beale.

Bennett is really in last chance saloon the summer I think as the although Beale spent money I would pretty much gtee that we brought in more than we spent and reduced wages massively.

If we can afford to pay Goldson, Roofe, Tavernier and Lawrence 100k a week, we can afford a top class manager.

I was under the impression that identifying a suitable manager to progress us as a club were the people that are paid hundreds of thousands of pounds of our money to do so, but I stand corrected
IIRC the club brought in Graeme Souness for advice on the new manager appointment when PC was hired.
Why did they not just ask you instead?
I’d rather go with the opinion of a renowned player and manager with a wealth of experience than someone on FF pulling names out of from an internet search.

Of our present squad of players who do you believe would improve as a player under one of your aforementioned managers, specifically the guys who have got 2 previous managers sacked.

If you go and look at Clement’s track record and previous teams, particularly his success in Belgium, you’ll see he likes his teams to be strong, direct and quick. The polar opposite of what we actually are.
We are so on paced, absolutely no dynamism in the team, very little power. Goldson, Souttar, Davies, Tav (that’s come with being overplayed and age), barisic, lundstram, jack, silva, roofe, Dessers, Lawrence, Dowell. All laboured, ponderous, easy option passes.
He’s pissing with the cock he’s been given. Let him get his own squad in

IIRC the club brought in Graeme Souness for advice on the new manager appointment when PC was hired.
I’d rather go with the opinion of a renowned player and manager with a wealth of experience than someone on FF pulling names out of from an internet search.

Of our present squad of players who do you believe would improve as a player under one of your aforementioned managers, specifically the guys who have got 2 previous managers sacked.

Honestly, what’s the point in you and others goading me into suggesting who I’d appoint if you’re going to proceed to take the piss and say I’ve googled them?

A stupid and pointless charade.

Is it really that far fetched to think that I’ve not watched Copenhagen in the Champions League, and Nice in Ligue 1 and been impressed with them and thought that the style of play could be extrapolated in to league in which we dwarf every team expect from one when it comes to resources?

Graham Souness is a relic that hasn’t worked in football in decades for good reason, and who’s first choice was Frank Lampard.

It goes just as hysterical the other way when he manages a run of wins. Laughable comments like “he’s the first real manager we’ve had since Walter”.

I have real concerns over him and I won’t be in the least bit surprised if he doesn’t finish next season.

That said I don’t think it’s fair to sack him now he’s got the gig and has had one transfer window. There is huge pressure on him in SC final and huge pressure to get every signing right in the summer. I think some are being very hopeful with regards to how many players he’ll get rid of.

Performance level is very similar to Beale’s when he came in. Two differences are that PC faced Aberdeen in a LC final as opposed to beggars and that that mob have dropped way more points this year in the league compared to last.

@Jardine72

Mate, we have all watched teams in the Champions League and been impressed.
Doesn’t mean the managers are available or even want to come and manage any Scottish Team, because they would be on a hiding to nothing.
We can all dream though.
Unai Emery’s PSG scudded the mhanks 12-1 on aggregate, he would be my 1st choice.:)

Last edited:
Of course you can and I fail to see why people aren’t concerned with this recent run of results. We should never ever lose to Ross County for example. In that game we stunk the place out first half but had the lead. I was expecting a couple of changes at HT and the riot act to have been read to the players at HT but instead we got one of the worst halves of football I think I’ve ever seen from a Rangers team. That was then followed up by another awful performance at Dens Park.
And therein lies the problem how many times this season have we said this let’s get to half time and read them the riot act absolutely pathetic the way we start games

We could have Frank or Kevin at the moment. Do you think either would have done any better? Probably much worse.

Honestly, what’s the point in you and others goading me into suggesting who I’d appoint if you’re going to proceed to take the piss and say I’ve googled them?

A stupid and pointless charade.

Is it really that far fetched to think that I’ve not watched Copenhagen in the Champions League, and Nice in Ligue 1 and been impressed with them and thought that the style of play could be extrapolated in to league in which we dwarf every team expect from one when it comes to resources?

Graham Souness is a relic that hasn’t worked in football in decades for good reason, and who’s first choice was Frank Lampard.
Have you answered my 2nd point?
How many of the current players, that have had 2 previous managers sacked, would the managers you have mentioned improve as players?

The refusal to change the system at any club is always what costs a manager no matter what level. The best in world at the moment is Pep and Ancelotti, both successful in numerous countries and clubs and have constantly changed how they played throughout the years with different players.
This maybe true, but I watched city last night and not for the first time, pep shuffles players around in positions that are better for the team in general, admittedly easy with the class of player they have.

We seem to be stuck on using players in their usual position. I'm of the opinion that any decent players can play in different positions. I'm not saying like putting a forward to full back but maybe something like tav moving further up and using his better qualities in attack, with a good right back defender, who could easily move into central defence when needed.

Having said that, I'm no pep or pip for that matter, just an idea worth trying. Sort the defence and then we build on from that. Not losing stupid goals saves us from having to chase games, which happens too often. Sort that, then confidence will spread through the team.

Have you answered my 2nd point?
How many of the current players, that have had 2 previous managers sacked, would the managers you have mentioned improve as players?

Right so I need to respond to all of your points but you don’t respond to or acknowledge any of mine.

The funniest thing on here are people that only watch Rangers that demand information to back up an opinion, and then reference Football Manager or Google in a half hearted piss taking attempt just because I’ve happened to watch teams like Copenhagen in the Champions League, as if it’s as inaccessible as watching Ballymena United.

Without you actually outright saying it, I suspect you fall in to that category.

We currently have no defensive structure to speak of. If our midfield was set up and coached better and our team was closer together out of possession, every defensive player in the team would improve and look better with more protection.

If Clement actually had a style of play and coached attacking patterns and regular phases of play, our attacking players would have better output due to repetition and familiarity.

It’s not rocket science.

I dont want him sacked. He's done enough to merit a summer window and a season with his own players. It's somewhat concerning though how he set up yesterday without learning from previous games. That's not hyperbole it's just a fact. It's a niggling concern.

@Jardine72

Mate, we have all watched teams in the Champions League and been impressed.
Doesn’t mean the managers are available or even want to come and manage any Scottish Team, because they would be on a hiding to nothing.
We can all dream though.
Unai Emery’s PSG scudded the mhanks 12-1 on aggregate, he would be my 1st choice.:)

We are a far bigger club than Copenhagen and pay top wages in comparison.

Their manager isn’t unattainable, and even if he is, they are the only CL club from the managers I listed.

Half of them are free agents.

If we can afford to throw away £5.2million a year on Goldson, Lawrence, Lundstram and Roofe, and that’s being conservative, we can afford to appoint a good manager who coaches attacking football.

Right so I need to respond to all of your points but you don’t respond to or acknowledge any of mine.

The funniest thing on here are people that only watch Rangers that demand information to back up an opinion, and then reference Football Manager or Google in a half hearted piss taking attempt just because I’ve happened to watch teams like Copenhagen in the Champions League, as if it’s as inaccessible as watching Ballymena United.

Without you actually outright saying it, I suspect you fall in to that category.

We currently have no defensive structure to speak of. If our midfield was set up and coached better and our team was closer together out of possession, every defensive player in the team would improve and look better with more protection.

If Clement actually had a style of play and coached attacking patterns and regular phases of play, our attacking players would have better output due to repetition and familiarity.

It’s not rocket science.
Is that you Unai?

Once again, I asked you to name any of the current players that have got 2 managers the sack, that one of your named managers would improve.

We’re not taking about specific patterns of play, training routines etc.

Just name names?

In my opinion, and plenty of others we have players who are simply not good enough and fail to turn up when it really matters.

Their time has to be up, as they are on a downward spiral.

IMHO no manager is going to make great players out of the current crop who fail time after time.

Last edited:
We find ourselves yet again going into a summer where big changes are needed, no ifs buts or maybes but unfortunately you can do your best and bring in players who do make a difference but sadly getting the league title back also depends very much on what the filth do or don’t do and I would have to say unless they make a complete and total arse of things they’ll always just have that bit extra to keep us at arms length. It’s happened again this season and I just don’t see light at the end of this tunnel yet. We really need serious investment which I don’t think is on the horizon playing in this setup. We also need to do better and get the best young Scottish talent available as we’re missing out on some guys who would walk over broken glass to sign for Rangers and they’re playing elsewhere, it’s criminal!

Is that you Unai?

Once again, I asked you to name any of the current players that have got 2 managers the sack, that one of your named managers would improve.

We’re not taking about specific patterns of play, training routines etc.

Just name names?

In my opinion, and plenty of others we have players who are simply not good enough and fail to turn up when it really matters.

Their time has to be up, as they are on a downward spiral.

Yeah you’re completely missing the point.

Professional footballers improve when they are coached in to a competent system in which they can thrive.

The patterns of play and the off the ball work done every day in training (no laughing at the back), means it becomes second nature in games.

Do you think managers take players that play at the level of Rangers away and do 1 to 1 individual sessions on their first touch ffs?

Our main problem amongst both the support and from within the club is “Ego”. As a support a lot of us still feel we are back in the glory days of the early 90’s where we were one of the biggest clubs in Europe and could compete at that level, the reality is we can’t, the reality is that we have been absolutely suffocated by our environment.

Therefore we have absolutely no right to keep turning our noses up at what’s on offer domestically, in recent years we could have had the likes of Doig, Ferguson, Dykes, Porteous, McLean, McGinn, McKenna, Nisbet, Shankland, Robertson, Max Johnston but none were deemed good enough for us we’d prefer to roll the dice on some unknown foreign entities that know nothing about Scottish football but have above average YouTube reels.

Same as far as the manager is concerned, there is currently a guy doing marvels down the M77 with a small provincial club, a guy who has left all 3 of the clubs he has managed in our league in a considerably better position than when he started, yet he isn’t good enough for us, yet this season he has done twice on a Kilmarnock budget which all three of our last managers have failed to do. We would rather have the name which we believe would be able to manage our charge for European glory, it’s a joke, we really need to learn to walk before we can run.

I'll support him 100% if he ditches the old guard that has cost every other manager their job.

Time for big bollocks Phil.
He probably wants to but how much money is he going to get to replace Tav, Goldson, Lundstram ect on top of all the other positions we need to buy for.

I really hope the board can find money from somewhere and do a proper recruitment job after the years of pish signings weve had.

Professional footballers improve when they are coached in to a competent system in which they can thrive.

The patterns of play and the off the ball work done every day in training (no laughing at the back), means it becomes second nature in games.

Do you think managers take players that play at the level of Rangers away and do 1 to 1 individual sessions on their first touch ffs?
Serious question- Do you manage people in real life?

If you do you will know that everyone has their limits beyond which they can’t be improved. That’s not a problem if that level is good enough but if it’s not up to the required standard and if they are on a high wage (often because of decisions made by previous managers) then that is incredibly difficult to deal with.

It will always take time and will often cost money.

Footballers are no different and this idea that a manager is failing if he can’t get more out of players who have limited ability is nonsense.

I’m not actually missing the point mate.
We all know what goes on in training sessions.
The problem being our current crop of players appear to be incapable of turning up when it really matters.
You can coach them all you want, others have tried, and ultimately failed.
They are the biggest problem.

Our main problem amongst both the support and from within the club is “Ego”. As a support a lot of us still feel we are back in the glory days of the early 90’s where we were one of the biggest clubs in Europe and could compete at that level, the reality is we can’t, the reality is that we have been absolutely suffocated by our environment.

Therefore we have absolutely no right to keep turning our noses up at what’s on offer domestically, in recent years we could have had the likes of Doig, Ferguson, Dykes, Porteous, McLean, McGinn, McKenna, Nisbet, Shankland, Robertson, Max Johnston but none were deemed good enough for us we’d prefer to roll the dice on some unknown foreign entities that know nothing about Scottish football but have above average YouTube reels.

Same as far as the manager is concerned, there is currently a guy doing marvels down the M77 with a small provincial club, a guy who has left all 3 of the clubs he has managed in our league in a considerably better position than when he started, yet he isn’t good enough for us, yet this season he has done twice on a Kilmarnock budget which all three of our last managers have failed to do. We would rather have the name which we believe would be able to manage our charge for European glory, it’s a joke, we really need to learn to walk before we can run.
Are you talking about the guy who was offered the Rangers job and rejected it?

He probably wants to but how much money is he going to get to replace Tav, Goldson, Lundstram ect on top of all the other positions we need to buy for.

I really hope the board can find money from somewhere and do a proper recruitment job after the years of pish signings weve had.
Their wages alone frees up significant funds to utilise

Serious question- Do you manage people in real life?

If you do you will know that everyone has their limits beyond which they can’t be improved. That’s not a problem if that level is good enough but if it’s not up to the required standard and if they are on a high wage (often because of decisions made by previous managers) then that is incredibly difficult to deal with.

It will always take time and will often cost money.

Footballers are no different and this idea that a manager is failing if he can’t get more out of players who have limited ability is nonsense.

I don’t manage people in real life.

I’m not saying he has an easy job.

What I’m saying is I haven’t seen one bit of improvement. I still to this day don’t know what type of football he is trying to play.

It’s one of the easiest leagues in world football to impose yourself on the other teams in an attacking sense, given the huge financial disparity between us and the rest of the teams other than the obvious.

Yet it’s simply not happened. We play hoof ball at home to teams full of guys on a grand a week. That is an instruction.

The players aren’t up to it, but they are good enough to be beating Ross County, Dundee, Aberdeen, and Motherwell if coached and managed competently, and also good enough to be taking more than 1 point all season from a dreadful Mhank side.

If I was in a coma for a few months and woke up and started watching us recently, I’d assume Beale was still in charge.

I don’t manage people in real life.

I’m not saying he has an easy job.

What I’m saying is I haven’t seen one bit of improvement. I still to this day don’t know what type of football he is trying to play.

It’s one of the easiest leagues in world football to impose yourself on the other teams in an attacking sense, given the huge financial disparity between us and the rest of the teams other than the obvious.

Yet it’s simply not happened. We play hoof ball at home to teams full of guys on a grand a week. That is an instruction.

The players aren’t up to it, but they are good enough to be beating Ross County, Dundee, Aberdeen, and Motherwell if coached and managed competently, and also good enough to be taking more than 1 point all season from a dreadful Mhank side.

If I was in a coma for a few months and woke up and started watching us recently, I’d assume Beale was still in charge.
With respect the financial disparity makes absolutely no difference if previous managers have spent money on players who aren’t good enough.

With respect the financial disparity makes absolutely no difference if previous managers have spent money on players who aren’t good enough.

Do you genuinely believe our squad has regressed to a level to where a Rangers team has to resort to playing long ball football against St Mirren and Dundee to make it a level playing field?

Do you genuinely believe our squad has regressed to a level to where a Rangers team has to resort to playing long ball football against St Mirren and Dundee to make it a level playing field?
I’m not sure I get your point? Are you saying that if we had played a different style we would have been guaranteed to beat those teams?

I don’t know how many different ways I can say this. The players aren’t good enough and we have spunked millions on players who are not good enough.

We are paying wages that are way above the return we are getting and players who shouldn’t be near us are on long contracts or are constantly injured.

You make management sound so simple - apparently you just coach players to a higher level! But then you also say that you don’t actually manage anyone … but you watch the Champions league so from that you see how it should be done?

I’m not sure I get your point? Are you saying that if we had played a different style we would have been guaranteed to beat those teams?

I don’t know how many different ways I can say this. The players aren’t good enough and we have spunked millions on players who are not good enough.

We are paying wages that are way above the return we are getting and players who shouldn’t be near us are on long contracts or are constantly injured.

You make management sound so simple - apparently you just coach players to a higher level! But then you also say that you don’t actually manage anyone … but you watch the Champions league so from that you see how it should be done?

Aye that’s it mate. You’ve got me.

Clement is working wonders.

Aye it’s fine to do that, I mean we all did that with Walter who’s arguably our greatest gaffer ever!

People calling for Phil to be sacked though is bonkers. We aren’t Watford
It's ridiculous to suggest a change of manager is needed. If our squad stayed fit particularly cortes, sima and ridvan then we would have in my opinion already have the league tied up.

The board have shown huge negligence, but the Parks in particular have set us back years and whilst most want Rangers men in control, this has to be offset by actual success and the less influence those two have the better.

This isn't the time to panic we just need to clear out the bottle merchants in the team and be clever with recruitment and PC will get it right!

Back